PieceOfMeat

BYU Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Official Rules:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5272" target="_blank

Deadline for entry submissions:
Saturday August 25th 2018 11:59pm

How to enter:
In THIS THREAD, you need to post your Analysis.
Your analysis can be a pre-game matchup analysis of BYU vs UofA.
Your analysis can be a pre-season analysis/discussion only of the UofA and its upcoming season.
Your analysis can be a mix of the above, or something else entirely (but does need to be UofA Football related obviously)
**You may edit your post at any time you like, up UNTIL the deadline. After the deadline has passed, no more edits!

That's it, it's pretty simple really. A BDW panel of 3 will choose the best submission and the winner gets a pair of tickets to the BYU @ UofA game.
Winner will be chosen Sunday August 2018.

Good luck to everyone and remember, don't be afraid to enter a submission, as your perspective will add to message board and if you're the only one who enters you can even win by default ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PHXCATS

Re: BYU Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PHXCATS »

Cats win 38-17

Despite having a below average and fair weather fanbase, Arizona Stadium has an electric atmosphere on the first of September to celebrate a New Era of Arizona Football with Kevin Sumlin at the helm. Everyone is excited to see what Khalil Tate, Heisman Trophy canidate, can do after an offseason with him being the starting QB and working with Sumlin.

Even though BYU has grown men on the team, Arizona proves to be the better team with better talent. While BYU had the 59th best defense in the stat that matters, yards per play, they let opponents move the ball on passing plays to the tune of 8.0 yards an attempt. Tate is able to move the ball through the air putting up 250 yards and 3 TDs distributing the ball to many different receivers, tight ends and running backs. JJ Nelson and Tate also put the ball in the endzone on the ground. In the later portion of the 4th quarter the starters rest enjoying a big lead. The biggest question mark of the offense is reduced because the oline proves to be able to move the ball with ease by smart playcalling and a scheme that allows for TEs to help out when needed to give that extra push as well as protect Tate.

On defense Arizona feeds off the energy from the fans in attendance and force a turnover early. The next two drives go not quite as good leading the turd fans to go "same ole Arizona", leading to 10 points by BYU. Yates and his staff though are able to make a few adjustments and hold BYU scoreless until the 4th quarter when the game was no longer in question. 4 sacks and 3 turnovers mark a great day for the Wildcats' defense. Schooler makes big plays and proved to have a good offseason and a force to be reckoned with on his way to becoming a first team all pac-12 selection.

Special teams are not talked about because they did exactly what they were supposed to do, punt the ball well when needed, put the ball through the endzone on kickoffs and convert every extra point.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

We win because Tate.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That first line should go over real well with the committee LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PHXCATS wrote:Cats win 38-17

Despite having a below average and fair weather fanbase, Arizona Stadium has an electric atmosphere on the first of September to celebrate a New Era of Arizona Football with Kevin Sumlin at the helm. Everyone is excited to see what Khalil Tate, Heisman Trophy canidate, can do after an offseason with him being the starting QB and working with Sumlin.

Even though BYU has grown men on the team, Arizona proves to be the better team with better talent. While BYU had the 59th best defense in the stat that matters, yards per play, they let opponents move the ball on passing plays to the tune of 8.0 yards an attempt. Tate is able to move the ball through the air putting up 250 yards and 3 TDs distributing the ball to many different receivers, tight ends and running backs. JJ Nelson and Tate also put the ball in the endzone on the ground. In the later portion of the 4th quarter the starters rest enjoying a big lead. The biggest question mark of the offense is reduced because the oline proves to be able to move the ball with ease by smart playcalling and a scheme that allows for TEs to help out when needed to give that extra push as well as protect Tate.

On defense Arizona feeds off the energy from the fans in attendance and force a turnover early. The next two drives go not quite as good leading the turd fans to go "same ole Arizona", leading to 10 points by BYU. Yates and his staff though are able to make a few adjustments and hold BYU scoreless until the 4th quarter when the game was no longer in question. 4 sacks and 3 turnovers mark a great day for the Wildcats' defense. Schooler makes big plays and proved to have a good offseason and a force to be reckoned with on his way to becoming a first team all pac-12 selection.

Special teams are not talked about because they did exactly what they were supposed to do, punt the ball well when needed, put the ball through the endzone on kickoffs and convert every extra point.
perhaps not the most enthusiastic entry
UALoco wrote:We win because Tate.
perhaps the most succinct entry :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

prh

Post by prh »

We win because BYU is historically awful, not because of Tate or the fans.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

a litle over 38 hours left to enter for some free tix. remember, if you win they can be donated if you don't need them/can't make the game/etc.

Tlinders

Post by Tlinders »

I have been holding season tickets since 2002 and prior to that had them all the way back to 1992. In 1987 I attended as a Student. This is the most excited I have been for a season.
Although I know the Big Uglies are the ones who win and lose games, they play on both sides of the ball and I have faith that our OL coaches will get enough coverage to give KT a chance to do what he does. We will score a lot of points!!
More importantly, I believe Yates will have the Biggest, most aggressive DL creating real pressure allowing our incredible LBs to wreak havoc and our secondary to be more opportunistic than even last year. I predict we shave off at least 5 points per game.

There will be bumps in the road, but I think we will easily handle BYU, get past Houston, Blow out USU, and go 7-2 or better in Pac-12. This means a 10 win season!!

Am I a homer? I openly admit that I am, if I didn't believe that winning all 12 games is possible, I would not buy season tickets.

Am I stupid? I don't think so. I know we will likely lose to either USC or Oregon, and then to either UCLA or Utah, maybe WSU. But not all! So a total of 1-1 from group A and 2-1 from Group B. Call scares me a little, seems their coach has them playing a bit better D than they have in many years. And ASSU is always a battle but I have faith.

Now, I am ready to take my perch in Section 2, yes the wheelchair section, and Bear Down! The last year my wife was sitting next to me was 93, We Beat the crap out of Miami in the Fiesta Bowl that year. Since then its been my son. He is now in the Navy and for most games, my wife will be next to me.

This is it boys, it's time to BEAR DOWN!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Might want to use the discussion thread as well. Just a thought as it is so new
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
KingG

Post by KingG »

AZ wins 45-17

Super excited about the start of the Sumlin era here!

This team has some very nice pieces going into the season. The defense is going to improve substantially this year with many budding stars returning. Particularly, Kylan Wilborn And Colin Schooler are gonna be absolute studs. Jarrius Wallace is my dark horse player to step up in a deep safety squad. We’re finally building some depth as well.

On offense I’m really hoping that Tate can take control and methodically lead some sustained drives. Of course with an inexperienced o-line, he’ll have the chance to improvise as well. We talk about it going into every season, but I truly feel that this is finally the year that we get HUGE production from our tight ends. Bryce Wilma and Jamie Nunley are gonna kill it.

On special teams, our punting was so atrocious last season that we probably lost an average of 20 yards in field position almost every single punt. How demoralizing that was especially for the defense. Anyway, this year we will finally have the opportunity to win the battle for field position. This will make a huge difference.

Finally, I’m looking forward to the new coaching staff bringing this team together. I’ve never been this excited about a new coaching regime!

Go Cats and BTFD!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

The winner of the BYU Ticket Giveaway is:
PHXCATS

Make sure you respond to the PM you receive regarding the tickets!