PieceOfMeat

Oregon Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Official Rules:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5272" target="_blank

Deadline for submissions:
October 21st, 2018 11:59pm

How to enter:
In THIS THREAD (or the discussion thread of a given game), you need to post your Analysis.
Your analysis can be a post-game analysis.
Your analysis can be a pre-game matchup analysis.
Your analysis can be a season-so-far analysis/discussion only of the UofA and its remaining season.
Your analysis can be a mix of the above, or something else entirely (but does need to be UofA Football related obviously) for example: your favorite UofA Uniform combo.
*If you have posted an analysis in another thread, you can copy and paste it into this one for your official submission, you do not have to write something entirely new.
**You may edit your post at any time you like, up UNTIL the deadline. After the deadline has passed, no more edits!

That's it, it's pretty simple really. A BDW panel of 3 will choose the best submission and the winner gets a pair of tickets to the Oregon @ UofA game.
Winner will be chosen Monday October 22nd, 2018.

Good luck to everyone and remember, don't be afraid to enter a submission, as your perspective will add to the message board and if you're the only one who enters you can even win by default ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Re: Oregon Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm thinking this could be that typical once a year upset over a highly ranked team that UofA gets.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think we used to do that when we had a defense or a RR offense but right now we don't have either. Oregon is a play away from being in the playoff talk an I doubt they look past anyone as their margin of error is slim. Also their QB might be the best in the country and the first QB taken when he goes into the draft. This looks to be an Oregon boat race sorry to say
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I'm thinking this could be that typical once a year upset over a highly ranked team that UofA gets.
We've previously pulled that on Oregon twice.

That said, Oregon is good and a crazy collapse against Stanford away from being a CFP contender. We have looked overmatched versus any team with a pulse. It's hard to be too optimistic beyond the general principles of Chaos Theory.

ArizonaBearDown

Post by ArizonaBearDown »

I think the key to the Oregon is our QB.

Our defense is probably a close second, as they'll need to do enough to keep us in the game and I think they'll need to force a minimum of 2 turnovers in order to keep us in the game.

That being said, I really do feel the key is our QB, and yet, I have no knowledge of who the QB will be. I'm sure we'll find out in the next few days if Tate is healthy enough to get back out there or if Rodriguez will continue to be the guy but if it were up to me I'd stick with Rodriguez if Tate isn't able to run like he did last year.

With a tough road start under his belt and coming home to Arizona Stadium for Homecoming I think that Rodriguez could have the type of game that leads to an upset over a top 25 Oregon team. Arizona has managed upsets in the past when things looked grim and if there was ever a great time for an upset, this homecoming game is certainly that.

I think if Rodriguez and the wide receivers can get on the same page that we'll have more success in the passing game. It often looked to me, in the UCLA game, that Rodriguez and the receivers weren't on the same page. Either the receivers were reading the defense differently and so when a receiver thought he should change his route to an out, Rodriguez thought it should be changed to a slant, or one of the two parties simply had the wrong idea of which route was supposed to be run on a given play. Those types of mistakes can be ironed out with more starting snaps for Rodriguez and I expect them to happen far less with each consecutive game that Rodriguez starts and plays in.

I also think that Rodriguez has shown a lot of moxie out there behind a line that nobody fears or respects. His arm might not be a cannon but I don't think such an arm is truly necessary in our current offensive scheme. We need to stick to enough run plays to keep the defense honest and respecting our running backs and then we can run short and intermediate routes where we have a receiver open for Rodriguez to hit for a first down or more.

It's going to be a tough game obviously but I'm hoping this turns into one of those semi-legendary upsets that we all have seen in the past from Arizona and that some of you have already pointed out.

Go Wildcats and beat the Ducks!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Boys, this lack of enthusiam around this football season stinks :*(

That said....congrats to ArizonaBearDown on being our first two-time winner. I'll message you so make sure to respond.
ArizonaBearDown wrote:I think the key to the Oregon is our QB.

Our defense is probably a close second, as they'll need to do enough to keep us in the game and I think they'll need to force a minimum of 2 turnovers in order to keep us in the game.

That being said, I really do feel the key is our QB, and yet, I have no knowledge of who the QB will be. I'm sure we'll find out in the next few days if Tate is healthy enough to get back out there or if Rodriguez will continue to be the guy but if it were up to me I'd stick with Rodriguez if Tate isn't able to run like he did last year.

With a tough road start under his belt and coming home to Arizona Stadium for Homecoming I think that Rodriguez could have the type of game that leads to an upset over a top 25 Oregon team. Arizona has managed upsets in the past when things looked grim and if there was ever a great time for an upset, this homecoming game is certainly that.

I think if Rodriguez and the wide receivers can get on the same page that we'll have more success in the passing game. It often looked to me, in the UCLA game, that Rodriguez and the receivers weren't on the same page. Either the receivers were reading the defense differently and so when a receiver thought he should change his route to an out, Rodriguez thought it should be changed to a slant, or one of the two parties simply had the wrong idea of which route was supposed to be run on a given play. Those types of mistakes can be ironed out with more starting snaps for Rodriguez and I expect them to happen far less with each consecutive game that Rodriguez starts and plays in.

I also think that Rodriguez has shown a lot of moxie out there behind a line that nobody fears or respects. His arm might not be a cannon but I don't think such an arm is truly necessary in our current offensive scheme. We need to stick to enough run plays to keep the defense honest and respecting our running backs and then we can run short and intermediate routes where we have a receiver open for Rodriguez to hit for a first down or more.

It's going to be a tough game obviously but I'm hoping this turns into one of those semi-legendary upsets that we all have seen in the past from Arizona and that some of you have already pointed out.

Go Wildcats and beat the Ducks!

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yeah you would think someone would try and win and give them to clients or that friend who really is at the friend edge
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So, like I was saying....
PieceOfMeat wrote:I'm thinking this could be that typical once a year upset over a highly ranked team that UofA gets.
See, one of you out there had a chance to view this epic beat down but instead ArizonaBearDown got to instead!