72 Edgar Burrola

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

72 Edgar Burrola

Post by ANGCatFan »

Burrola is a 6-6, 305, redshirt Junior offensive lineman from Las Vegas, NV. He played in 11 games last year and had 6 starts at right tackle. Burrola will have stiff competition to earn a starting spot and that is good news. The eventual starters will have to beat quality competition which also means we will have experienced, solid back-ups.
gronk4heisman

Re: 72 Edgar Burrola

Post by gronk4heisman »

Apparently, Burrola has had his scholarship reduced because he refused to follow Covid 19 protocols and has turned that around on the University by claiming that they are punishing him because he does not feel safe. He does not feel safe but just two months ago posted on his Twitter account the Covid is "fake"? Truly weird times we are living in but the drama with Arizona sports never ends.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gronk4heisman wrote:Apparently, Burrola has had his scholarship reduced because he refused to follow Covid 19 protocols and has turned that around on the University by claiming that they are punishing him because he does not feel safe. He does not feel safe but just two months ago posted on his Twitter account the Covid is "fake"? Truly weird times we are living in but the drama with Arizona sports never ends.
Ahhh, Chief explains it. I didn't think you could reduce football scholarships like you can in the minor sports.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Seems like he broke protocol numerous times and judging by what he previously said on twitter it is probably because he doesn't "believe" in it. If you listen to the video it becomes obvious where he gets his information from. Would be surprised if he plays at Arizona again.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Coughs at 0:36.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Feel bad about the misdiagnosis of his injury (happens all the time, happened to my son with same injury in HS football), but the dude doesn't have a clue about COVID-19.

Probably best for UofA and Edgar to go their separate ways.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I hope Edgar and the Uofa can settle their differences. I really don't want to lose him. He's an pretty good experienced offensive lineman and we need them. He can't do as he pleases either. I don't buy into everything I'm told about this virus either but I also have rules to follow and I do.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

So he defines being quarantined as
- if your hungry, then go to the store, or
- if needed, you can help someone move furniture as long as you social distance
* all without a mask.

Unfortunately, a lot of young adults see this as something different than what it really is. Must be hard not to have a social life as a student. Oh well...
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

What I usually see is that it isn't the people under 40 that are causing the biggest problems...

And wtf is the guy say he doesn't buy everything about the virus? Go help my wife bag bodies every week and get back to me on that dude.
prh

Post by prh »

He certainly has a poor understanding of quarantine, but our program is a cesspool and I'm sure there's a lot more of the sort of things he is saying around the medical and coaching staff. Maybe if we get a bunch more athletes to speak out we can get rid of Sumlin without a buyout?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

And follow COVID protocols!!!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion