College Football Returns

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

College Football Returns

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

This is a bit like some kind of sci-fi alternate reality, as who would ordinarily care about South Alabama at Southern Miss? But, hell, I watched a big chunk of a third-rate high school game in Utah recently and was grateful for the opportunity. So, the game is at 6 pm tonight on the CBS Sports channel. On Saturday, it's a similar lineup of directional-type schools on ESPN, followed by Labor Day matchup of BYU at Navy. But, things ramp up a bit after that. Nothing earth-shaking, but at least it's college football.
scumdevils86

Re: College Football Returns

Post by scumdevils86 »

I canceled my sling subscription. I'm not sure if I will end up watching any football. I just think the entire system is messed up and irresponsible. Might be the first time since I was a little kid I don't watch any football for a season.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Understand the sentiment, and it would be nice if the pandemic somehow provided a silver lining in the form of a course correction for college athletics in general. But, I'll tell you, I was really surprised that I gave a spit about that high school game. It kind of reminded me of my surprise at following the USFL many years ago. I just want anything resembling normalcy, and more sports, particularly football. I believe the NFL kicks off in about another week.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I don't know if I'll be watching. My dad is currently living with me but I don't have any live tv options. I know he wants to watch so I'll basically leave it up to him if he wants to start his own sling tv or youtube tv account or something and I'll chip in some of the cost of he does but I doubt I'll watch more than an hour or two of tv on it a week. He's basically home 24/7 quarantined because of his health issues so it's up to him.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

With the statements from Newsome, the LA County Health Dept, and the governor of Oregon, it sounds like most of the issues listed as restrictions for the Pac-12 to play are no longer there. The presidents can still vote against it, but they don't have the cover they had before. It would still remain to be seen what would happen in the event of a team outbreak, and what an individual county health department might do at any given time. The targeted start date being bandied about now seems to be October 31.