University President Hot Board

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

University President Hot Board

Post by UofAlum05 »

Lets get this thing fired up if Robbins gets his way and hires Fisch.
ChooChooCat

Re: University President Hot Board

Post by ChooChooCat »

Literally anyone who understands the value of sports to a university, but lets their AD do their fucking job.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Weird that the guy is so interested in sports but doesn't seem to recognize how bad it would be to hire someone like Fisch. Robbins must just want someone that will make him feel like he is part of the coaching staff instead of telling him to fuck off.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Lets get this thing going
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If this is Fisch, that's two multimillion dollar mistakes. Yeah, it's time to say goodbye.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I'm just baffled by Robbins micromanaging major coaching searches. Let Heeke do his damn job because by all accounts, he's trying to make the right hire.

Whatever we have to do to get Robbins out of Tucson, let's get it started.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:15 pm If this is Fisch, that's two multimillion dollar mistakes. Yeah, it's time to say goodbye.
Uhhhhhh let me introduce you to what will eventually be the biggest multimillion dollar mistake:

https://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/articl ... er-ashford

Another #mustread thread re: today's bombshell announcement about @uarizona & @AshfordU deal: It's not a purchase but "status laundering," and it's a classic sign of the crass corporatization of our public universities. https://t.co/NQIotEuPPR

— Coalition for Academic Justice at UArizona (@CAJUArizona) August 4, 2020
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have some nice whetstones if anyone needs to sharpen their pitchforks.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's like Robbins is actively trying to spit in the faces of the few people who still care about Arizona football.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

So Robbins is really some ASU spy, right? Because he just destroyed Arizona Football for good.

How the fuck do we fire him.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

He must be some sort of ASU plant lol. Actively pile driving the university into the ground every chance he gets.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

This is bigger than Football. He just spat in the face of every person connected to this University in any way shape or form. Its a disgrace!!
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Hey Robbins, if we have a moving van sent to your house would you get the hint? If not we can always resort to pitchforks and torches. I have never wanted to tar and feather anyone until now.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Barrett Baker

@BarrettBaker27

·

45m

Last week we were told by @Dave_Heeke it was our program as alums. We just found out otherwise. This hire goes against his words that day talking about who would lead @ArizonaFBall. I’m too emotional to say anything else. Not happy with @UArizonaPres would be an understatement
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Some serious shade here.
aznavcat

Post by aznavcat »

I called the AZ Board of Regents and was told the best way to share your opinion is to leave a written message @ https://azregents.edu/contact-us

Before I write off U of A football, we owe it to our school to try and fix the problem. The U of A is held hostage by Robbins and he must go along with rescinding Fisch's contract.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

This guy is Trump cronyism on steroids. Waiting for a wall to be built down the center of the mall.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I going to laugh if Jedd Firch actaully turn around this football program to a point where all of you need to just shut up and let the process play out and see how he fare's.
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

cordera89 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:41 pm I going to laugh if Jedd Firch actaully turn around this football program to a point where all of you need to just shut up and let the process play out and see how he fare's.
The moment he gets a better offer from pretty much anyone he's gone. I doubt he'll even be here long enough to turn anything around based upon his resume. I'm not sure how he's stayed married to his wife unless it's an open marriage.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Will Fire Robbins posters be allowed? Because that may be reason enough to go to games. Especially when tickets will be $5
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ztonyg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:47 pm
cordera89 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:41 pm I going to laugh if Jedd Firch actaully turn around this football program to a point where all of you need to just shut up and let the process play out and see how he fare's.
The moment he gets a better offer from pretty much anyone he's gone. I doubt he'll even be here long enough to turn anything around based upon his resume. I'm not sure how he's stayed married to his wife unless it's an open marriage.
That's what the comical subtext is. Either it will go the way we think it will and it'll be a dumpster fire or he'll do well and leave.

Either way, we're hiring again in 4 years, just a question of whether we're still in the gutter at that point.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

There's a thread over the Fisch hire over at the Michigan 247 board and they don't hate the guy.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/ ... 31/?page=1
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

azgreg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:25 pm There's a thread over the Fisch hire over at the Michigan 247 board and they don't hate the guy.

Well unfortunately I cancelled my subscription about a month ago because I couldn't continue supporting a company who doesn't let you cancel through their website. Only through the phone, which of course they hardly answer, if ever.

So I can't read the boards
prh

Post by prh »

azgreg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:25 pm There's a thread over the Fisch hire over at the Michigan 247 board and they don't hate the guy.

It's funny, all across the internet, they seem to be the only place that likes him. Not sure what it is. But then again, it's Michigan, so I wouldn't lend any credence to their delusional fanbase.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Behind a paywall, but what was the thought from UM when he hired RichRod? Seems to me, many think he received a raw deal from UM, me along with them.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:51 pm
That's what the comical subtext is. Either it will go the way we think it will and it'll be a dumpster fire or he'll do well and leave.

Either way, we're hiring again in 4 years, just a question of whether we're still in the gutter at that point.
Well let hope that NFL job open up in 4 year. But i heard that He going to hired Former UA personal to his staff that has ties to the school. Can you confirm this?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Looking at these three posts from posters long gone is kind of Erie in how right they were
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Interesting how he put in place a new athletic director and football coach before stepping (being pushed) down. Probably didn't anticipate this at the time. He may still be around for some time, if the ABOR decides it's cheaper to keep him on as the "interim", rather than pay him off and bring in somebody immediately. Especially considering the budget issues. But, you also want a clean new start. It may have to do with whether a really good candidate contacts them and triggers it. Don't think I like the idea of promoting from within with the built-in cronyism.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

No surprise that he is stepping down. His support of UA sports was great, but he didn't handle the finances of the University properly. I like who he hired as football coach and AD. And I love his support for UA sports So, he isn't leaving on a totally bad note. I hope we hire a coach that cares about UA sports, unlike the inferior school up north.
TheCatInTheHat

Arizona Stadium

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

The media personalities thread got pretty thoroughly hijacked, so rather than resurrect it, I guess I'll put this here.

Based on the Robbins financial fiasco, Greg Hansen bemoaned the fact that the west side of Arizona Stadium now probably won't be torn down and rebuilt for ten years or more. Considering it's at least a two year project with a couple of seasons played in a construction site ... that doesn't exactly cause me to shed a tear. In typical fashion, he overstates to denigrate, calling it the worst in the Pac (which doesn't exist anymore.) Actually, if you transplanted the stadia at WSU, OSU, CU, and maybe another one or two other former Pac schools to our site, I don't think fans would be particularly any happier. And I think, while it's got a few warts, we've got a fairly typical stadium in the Big XII.

Hansen grew up in a small town, so he probably thinks a new Holiday Inn Express out in a field next to a highway somewhere is nicer than the venerable old Mark Hopkins in SF. Or that the Kansas City Royals stadium is better than old Wrigley Field. Fair enough; enjoy the motel's breakfast buffet.

What I would do at Arizona Stadium is phase-in: reduced seating capacity with roomier chairbacks in the lower west side rows, expanding the portals and ramps to ground level, cleaning up the area under the grandstand as was done on the east side, and putting in portables at ground level for concessions and rest rooms.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

The visitor locker room is bad.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

In all cases, what I suggested is like a tenth (or less) of a teardown. If there's concern about the visitor locker room, including it in the list of renovations wouldn't add significant cost.
GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm The visitor locker room is bad.
Good.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The media kept this guy afloat. They refused to badmouth him and investigate what was going on. Robbins let Fisch gouge the collectives and the athletic department. All to keep a dead narrative afloat. You real crooks are our own local media guys.