..and its Carcass. Mr Carcass to you.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
HaCats

Re: OOC scheduling

Post by HaCats »

Haha. Well I understand that despair. We all do. Might I suggest you try and take some sliver of enjoyment in the long, but coming....road to respectability.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You can take the ass out of Carcass but...
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He was always one of our big football guys though. I get the disappointment of the past decade or Sumdick years but we have new hope snd what looks like a winning game plan. The former players are on board and like what they saw last Saturday. Just surprised he isn’t more excited snd upbeat
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Winning solves everything. Jedd must win to get back the fans. Hopefully by next year he can show that he can win games
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Sorry guys. Message received. Arizona football is one of my passions and probably is excessive. I appreciate all my brethren and sisters here so I'll apologize.

I really do think Fisch and staff are on the right path, but before Smith left I thought the same thing.

All the new coaches have carried with them renewed hope for me. I really thought RR was going to do better things after we won the south too

Honestly I will be following and rooting but this O line doesn't look good to me and the fact that a starting guy who couldn't block for shit last year is now an upperclassmen and still isn't getting it done is not leaving me with high hopes. O line is largely a thankless job and these guys are still kids, so I've purposely not called him out because I appreciate all their efforts.

But in this new era it's time for showing us, not talking about how good we'll be. Winning cures it all.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Carcass, I get it. I only use gallows humor with Arizona football because the life cycle of Arizona football is reliably brief optimism followed by crushing disappointment.

Fisch has had some significant positives in his tenure, but I'm not prepared to let go of my commitment to gallows humor.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You are correct on that OLine and it appears Fisch knows it by the short passes they repeatedly threw in the BYU game.

We have two OLine recruits and so suspect we want a couple more or we will have to go to the portal which could be a crap shoot.

I think with AZ football you have to grab on to anything positive snd right now it’s simply hope. Ride with us for awhile and let’s see what happens. I think we win this Saturday and zi will be crushed if we don’t as usual. After NAU each win will just be icing
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Our O Line was missing their starting LT last game and he should be back this game, additionally our best OL moved over to LT and got injured early in the game and played through it. Our OL is not very deep but I like our starting 5 when healthy (less Fears). Baker was god awful and clearly not ready to be playing.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Carcass....I take it all back. You were/are right. I was wrong. You had/have every right to he super negative. I honestly felt really good about this game going into it. Shame on me for thinking we are anything other than Arizona football. I will never again under any circumstance chastise you for being negative.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Even I got "excited" for football this year. I haven't really been excited since 2014. Now I remember why.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

HaCats wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 pm Carcass....I take it all back. You were/are right. I was wrong. You had/have every right to he super negative. I honestly felt really good about this game going into it. Shame on me for thinking we are anything other than Arizona football. I will never again under any circumstance chastise you for being negative.
Hahaha

No sweat brother. How long is Arizona fan expected to endure this shit?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 am Carcass, I get it. I only use gallows humor with Arizona football because the life cycle of Arizona football is reliably brief optimism followed by crushing disappointment.

Fisch has had some significant positives in his tenure, but I'm not prepared to let go of my commitment to gallows humor.
I feel like I can claim a W for posting this after BYU and shortly before SDSU.

It's no joke either. When I feel optimistic about Arizona football, my first reaction is to assume it means disaster is on the horizon.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

We're now booked up until 2026. So as far as the Alliance with the Big Ten/ACC is concerned, unless we cancel something on our current schedule (or go back to an 8-game conference schedule), there's no room for scheduling with them until then.

@ San Diego St
Mississippi St
North Dakota St

NAU
@ Mississippi St
UTEP

New Mexico
NAU
@ Kansas St

Hawaii
Weber St
Kansas St

NAU
@ BYU

@ Colorado St
BYU
NAU

Colorado St
@ Nebraska

@ Hawaii
Virginia Tech

@ Virginia Tech
Wyoming

Nebraska

@ Alabama

Alabama
@ Wyoming
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 pm 2032
@ Alabama

Alabama
I know it's a ways away, but in the wake of losing to NAU, it's hilarious to think about how these games would go.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

If things continue as they are, it would probably look a lot like our last home-and-home with LSU in the 2000s, although I don't know how many Arizona fans would describe that experience as hilarious. Saban will be gone (retired or dead) by the time we play, and Alabama's made mistakes in hiring football coaches before (Perkins, Curry, DuBose, Franchione, Shula, etc.) Meanwhile, at our current burn rate, we'll have gone through three more "eras" by then. But, who knows? Larry Smith took a team with largely derided sophomore QB Alfred Jenkins down to LSU in '84, and the game came down to a missed Max Zendejas FG. It was a desperation 60-yarder at swamp level that was never going to make it, but it was a competitive game. Still, unless things change fairly dramatically at both places, the smart money would be on 'Bama to cover whatever spread they're given.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

What’s more likely?
We play a bunch of big 12 occ games or we are in the Big 12?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

FBSchedules.com is reporting that Arizona’s postponed 2020 visit to Texas Tech, which was called off due to COVID-related schedule changes last year, has been rescheduled. The Wildcats will now play the Red Raiders in Lubbock, Texas on Sept. 9, 2034, nearly 14 years after the game was originally set to be played.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... NoQXegBaHY