96 Marcus Griffin

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

96 Marcus Griffin

Post by ANGCatFan »

Griffin is a 6-0, 302, redshirt Freshman defensive lineman from Bellevue HS, Bellevue, WA. He was a Semper Fidelis All-American, the KingCo Linemen of the Year, and AP First-Team All-State Offense and Defense. As a senior Griffin had 55 tackles, 12 sacks and 20 TFL while leading his team to a state title with a 14-0 record and more impressively going 56-0 during his high school career. Here is his high school highlight tape.

Griffin is a big, strong body, but will have to master the techniques required of the 335 to win a starting position. Starting or not, he should be a big part of the defensive line rotation.

Griffin already has one signature play as a Wildcat from the spring game.

96 is also the total yards for a loss Scooby had last year with his 29 TFLs. If that is the over/under for this year I am taking the over.
azpenguin

Re: 96 Marcus Griffin

Post by azpenguin »

This is one of the guys I've been looking forward to seeing play. Casteel is going to be able to rotate some guys on the line this year so I'd be expecting to see more blitzing, especially in late game situations. If the D-linemen can hold their own, then the blitzers will be coming from all over the field to attack tired o-linemen in the fourth quarter.