2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:Udub is a lot scarier than asu in this recruitment
I can handle him going to the Huskies but not the ASSHATs!
Harvey Specter

buzz from the Islands RE: Eletise

Post by Harvey Specter »

Is that UW leads, with NU 2nd (and gaining momentum). This comes from a HS FB coach over there (though not at Kaiser).

But only 5 schools still have a shot, and we are one of them.
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

3goggles wrote:
catinfl wrote:Udub is a lot scarier than asu in this recruitment
I can handle him going to the Huskies but not the ASSHATs!
My thoughts exactly. 100%
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

3goggles wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
3goggles wrote:Tyliek Raynor
3* RB
Visiting July 17th
Has offers from Miami, Iowa, Rutgers, Illinos, BC, WV, Purdue, Maryland
Since RichRod & Staff lightly recruit Florida (seems like one or two Florida signees per class) we'd do well to stay on Miami's recruits/commits. Al Folden will be shown the doors by November and why not hang in the back ground for the pickings.
Isnt Raynor from Pennsylvania
Al Folden
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Cats pursuing Arkansas Defensive Tackle:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... ting-class
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Huge list for the 18th. Brandon Burton is coming in he's obviously a big one. Iakopo won't Make it, but Josh Allen Will be there and he's been raving about Arizona for quite awhile. Lots of kids will be there
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

dmjcat wrote:Cats pursuing Arkansas Defensive Tackle:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... ting-class
His offer list is good, but oddly Scout doesn't have a profile posted.

Wondering why the Coaching staff is spending time on geographic longshot from Arkansas rather than gunning after more attainable DT talent from California? Either way it's always better to load up at the DT spot. They are harder to develop and field and if they don't work out can usually be converted into viable OGs during the offseason.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Can't wait for the 18th.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

catinfl wrote:Can't wait for the 18th.

Same here. Does anyone have a list of who'll be visiting?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Burton is going to be a tough full from Florida State
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Is that Jake Burton or Brandon Burton Bug? I think we are in pretty good with Brandon but he does have some big time offers but it seems Kahlil Tate is recruiting him hard
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

As of now, Burton saying he will take his five officials to schools in his top seven outside of UCLA and AZ. Only official currently scheduled is with FSU.

Wants to commit toward end of his upcoming HS season.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat49 wrote:Is that Jake Burton or Brandon Burton Bug? I think we are in pretty good with Brandon but he does have some big time offers but it seems Kahlil Tate is recruiting him hard
For all the talk about Tate posting the A&M picture on twitter he sure seems to be recruiting every body and there moms to Arizona even Josh Jackson!!! This kid wants to be a wildcat!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:Is that Jake Burton or Brandon Burton Bug? I think we are in pretty good with Brandon but he does have some big time offers but it seems Kahlil Tate is recruiting him hard
Brandon. FSU and UCLA are probably leading right now
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Long snappers are potential OKG's too. AZ kicking camp
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not sure if you read it but Chase Lucas named ASSU as his top school. he said Fraudy Graham told him they were building a dynasty in Tempe and he wants all those guys to be part of the first natty
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:Not sure if you read it but Chase Lucas named ASSU as his top school. he said Fraudy Graham told him they were building a dynasty in Tempe and he wants all those guys to be part of the first natty
Pretty sure UCLA, Stanford, USC, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Cal and every other realistically good programs tell their kids that.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Though Blades Jr. was certainly a Saturday standout, making a number of plays in coverage with multiple interceptions, it was 2017 cornerback Darnay Holmes out of Southern California who took home MVP honors.

On the recruiting front, Stanford is the team to beat over Arizona for the 2017 Under Armour All-America Game invite. Holmes' brother Darick Holmes Jr. signed with the Wildcats in February.
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecr ... and-sounds

Is he really 2017? Thought he was 2016...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

azcat49 wrote:Not sure if you read it but Chase Lucas named ASSU as his top school. he said Fraudy Graham told him they were building a dynasty in Tempe and he wants all those guys to be part of the first natty
I just laughed out loud at that last part
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

dmjcat wrote:Offensive tackle may commit soon:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... ision-soon
It's been known that Cain is probably going to commit.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Sheer was just on 1290 talking basketball recruiting and at the very end he said he thinks of all the July 18 visitors we should end up with 3-4 commits!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Biig weekend for sure. I think the O/U is 3. Will be fun to watch the news of the excitement. I think the first kid got in today and will decide early next week, a d-end named Burton
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

I find it amazing that Allen feels the scheme is a great fit. Never thought I'd hear a DL recruit say that..

..is it the 18th yet?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Encinas at AZ Desert Storm with a list of the players visiting this weekend. Lots of links embedded in his article and the best free place to go to keep up on recruiting.
Josh Allen, defensive end, 6-4 260lbs

The No. 7 ranked JUCO player in the nation, No. 1 out of California, told me that Arizona is his top school.

Calvin Tubbs, linebacker, 5-11 235lbs

Yet to be offered by Arizona, but an offer seems likely at some point this season, particularly September. He said he will commit as soon as Arizona offers.

Terrell Burgess, corner, 6-0 180lbs

Last I talked to him he said that he was going to make the trip to Tucson. He is definitely someone Arizona has a chance at landing in the secondary.

Brandon Burton, defensive end, 6-2 200lbs

Teammates with Khalil Tate, Arizona seems to be rising on his board, a board topped by many powerhouse schools.

Khalil Tate, quarterback, 6-2 203lbs

Arizona commit, who is the unofficial ambassador of the 2016 recruiting class, which puts the rumors of Tate decommitting aside.

Jacob Colacion, 3-star linebacker, 6-1 215lbs

Last I spoke to him, he said he was trying to make it out on the 18th. The latest Arizona commit, which pushes the Wildcats to a top 50 recruiting class.

Jabari Watson, 3-star defensive tackle, 6-3 255lbs

Arizona commit, who will be visiting campus for the first time in his life.

Markell Utsey, 3-star defensive tackle, 6-4 290lbs

Another big defensive lineman that Arizona could use. He's a guy who could definitely be in an Arizona uniform next fall.

Tyleik Rainer, running back, 5-10 185lbs

I haven't read up much on his recruiting process, but he seems to like Arizona. One concern would be the amount of running backs in this 2016 class, with Sean Riley and Russell Halimon already committed.

Bryson Cain 3-star offensive tackle, 6-5 265lbs

I talked to him early last week and he said he was going to try to head out to Arizona for this weekend.

JJ Taylor, 3-star running back. 5-6 155lbs

A guy that says he'll likely commit after the visit, and GOAZCat's Matt Moreno posted this sweet video of Taylor putting some moves on this weekend.

Matthew Gutwald, 3-star offensive guard, 6-4 275lbs

Just informed me on Tuesday that he will be visiting this weekend. Says that Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Stanford are making moves, perking his interest. He had said Oregon and Arizona were his top two a few weeks ago.

Jake Burton, 3-star defensive end, 6-6 250lbs

Spoke to him a few weeks ago and said he was planning on making the trip. Arizona has a pretty good shot at landing him for now.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think Allen, Cain and Taylor commit this weekend. O/U for me is 3
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Will we ever get a commit from a top 100 player again?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Brandon Burton is a top 100 and we have a shot but I think Florida St leads
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Chanse Sylvie - three star safety from Calvary Baptist (Louisiana pipeline) has official visit scheduled with AZ (UCLA game).
Has long, impressive list of offers.
On Arizona: "I know this year their free safety is going to graduate so that spot will be open if I work hard. I also have some former teammates that go there (Calvary Baptist graduates Orlando Bradford and Shun Brown). Also, I want to go somewhere I can help build a tradition and help change the program around."
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Alright boys keep your eyes posted dudeks Twitter this lets hope we a lot of "OnToTheNextOne"
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Encinas at AZ Desert Swarm makes his predictions for the weekend. Here are the players he thinks we might get:
Josh Allen, No. 2 JuCo defensive end, 6-4 260lbs

He told me a few weeks ago that Arizona was his number one school. He is bound to commit soon, which could be as soon as this weekend. As of now, he seems pretty dead set on Arizona. It's only a matter of time until he commits to Arizona, which would be a huge get for Arizona, as one of the lone 4-stars left on Arizona's board.

London Iakopo, No. 5 JuCo safety, 6-0 205lbs

Teammates with Josh Allen, it's pretty clear that London will commit to Arizona barring any unforeseen catastrophe. He wants to play with Allen at the next level and this is their chance to do so. Much like Allen, it seems like it's only a matter of time until he commits.

DeVaughn Cooper, No. 147 receiver, 5-10 170lbs

Teammate of Arizona commit Sean Riley, I would think Arizona is a favorite for Cooper. Last I spoke to him he had some interest in Colorado and was getting some attention from Michigan, but with the familiarity of the So Cal boys in this recruiting class, and the explosiveness of the offense, I think Arizona pulls in Cooper eventually.

Jake Burton, No. 43 strong side defensive end, 6-5 250lbs

The 6-6 250lb defensive end seems pretty interested in Arizona and said it was a school that was fairly high on his list. He has picked up some attention from Vanderbilt recently, but I think he sticks with Arizona on his decision.

Evan Weaver, No. 56 strong side defensive end, 6-3 230lbs

Another defensive end that Arizona has a pretty strong chance at landing. As for now, Washington might be the leader, but Weaver hasn't been picking up the attention that Burton has. Arizona might only land one of them, and Burton might be it, but Weaver is definitely another option. Definitely one of my favorite recruits to talk to over the last few months.

Gavin Robertson, No. 146 safey, 6-2 190lbs

Arizona is heavily recruiting safeties, and I think Robertson is one Arizona lands. Although, there are a lot of safeties that Arizona could land in this class. There are three safety positions, and I think that Robertson could excel in the bandit role as a big hitter, leaving plenty of spots open for other recruits.

Markell Utsey, 2-star defensive tackle, 6-4 290lbs

This could be the third defensive tackle commit for the 2016 class. At 6-4 290lbs, he would by far be the biggest defensive tackle on the roster. Coming out of Arkansas, he has a lot of interest from a bunch of smaller schools in the south, and said the distance isn't a concern when picking a school. Three defensive tackles would definitely be welcome and shouldn't be a concern for future recruits, as it's probably the weakest position on the roster.

Bryson Cain, No. 99 offensive tackle, 6-5 255lbs

It's going to be hard to imagine another school coming in the way of Cain and Arizona. He told me he will commit before the season, and I expect him to commit to The University of Arizona. He's a fast offensive tackle that will be able to develop in the system for a few years and could emerge as a full-time starter.

JJ Taylor, No. 19 all purpose back, 5-6 155lbs

Pretty fresh target on the recruiting trail, picking up an offer in early June. He told me earlier this week that he is likely going to commit to Arizona after his visit. This would be a nice get at running back, but there also seems to be quite a few running backs in store. Arizona did lose Omar Boyd and will be losing Jared Baker.

Tyliek Raynor, No. 56 running back, 5-10 180lbs

Another running back who was recently offered this summer and has been favoring Arizona. It's hard to imagine that Arizona gets both Ranor and Taylor, giving the class four running backs, but maybe it happens. These are two recruits that I will continue to try and follow.

Cameron Murray, No. 55 defensive tackle, 6-2 280lbs

Hard to read where Murray's recruitment process lies, but Arizona is definitely in play for his talents. Probably less likely than Utsey, but still on the board. It also wouldn't be crazy to have both Utsey and Murray commit, bringing the total to four defensive tackles.

Elijah Battle, No. 19 JuCo corner, 6-1 190lbs

A JUCO corner who I just spoke to, has Arizona on the top of his list. Rich Rodriguez brought in eight defensive backs in last year's recruiting class, so this isn't a position in need for the future, however it seems as if Battle is probably the most likely corner they land, if they land one at all aside from Isaiah Hayes.
Really, just an update of who likes Arizona. Not sure it gives us a better idea of who will decide this weekend.

Also, in the article are players he thinks Arizona may get eventually, but are waiting to make a commitment. I didn't include those names.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Thanks for the link & list. Looking forward to what this weekend brings forth.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Who is the first?

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Thats 3 RB's and I am hoping JJ Taylor commits this weekend to make it 4. I like that Taylor kid, shifty
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Halimon, Riley, and Taylor are all versatile. Two of the four backs we have committed Will probably be put in the slot.

Josh Allen is a big get. He had a lot of offers and like Jason said is considered to be by some to be the best de IN JUCO. Iakopo is inevitable at this point it's only a matter of time imo. Cain should commit soon also.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

5! wow. thought 3 and now am pumped. could be 6 with Cain and like catinfl said Iakopo is only a matter of time
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Sage&Silver wrote:
Yes! Just don't play him in Call of Duty. :mrgreen:
Mike Luke's burner account.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Big big night for the program. This class looks really good if we can hang on to them all
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »