Another best for Toad Graham..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Scummy Dick Douglas

Re: Another best for Toad Graham..

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat49 wrote:Just don't like your bullshit fan ass dude. You, Mr I am just giving the facts attitude until Chi uncovers your clown tweet.

Oh and GB at an alumni function at Phoenix CC mentioned ASSU as our friends to the north.

You should be embarrassed by the leadership at your school, your fans and most of all yourself. Clownish and classless, the motto by which ASSU and its fans are known
Judging by your reaction to word of mouth comments of your colleagues and a strangers tweet, I am guessing you are about 5'5, maybe 5'6. You seem to have a strong case of the small-man syndrome.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Chicat wrote:It won't come true unless you say it out loud 500+ times...
TG is robot-like with his repetitive hyperbole. If it weren't for the fascination you all have for him here, I probably wouldn't even notice it anymore.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Just don't like your bullshit fan ass dude. You, Mr I am just giving the facts attitude until Chi uncovers your clown tweet.

Oh and GB at an alumni function at Phoenix CC mentioned ASSU as our friends to the north.

You should be embarrassed by the leadership at your school, your fans and most of all yourself. Clownish and classless, the motto by which ASSU and its fans are known
Judging by your reaction to word of mouth comments of your colleagues and a strangers tweet, I am guessing you are about 5'5, maybe 5'6. You seem to have a strong case of the small-man syndrome.

Haha, right once again clown. Little guy I am. Short, skinny and ugly as sh#t(remember all of this is relative to your defined perception). I just need to add outright classless and hey, I coild be an ASSU clown like you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:It won't come true unless you say it out loud 500+ times...
TG is robot-like with his repetitive hyperbole. If it weren't for the fascination you all have for him here, I probably wouldn't even notice it anymore.
Well it is fascinating.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Is he wrong? We all agree that TG is the king of hyperbole, but by most accounts this is the biggest, fastest, and most athletic the ASU roster has been in a long time. The last couple or recruiting classes are proof of that. I think they are still a couple of years away from being a legitimate threat to win the conference. But if they continue to recruit top 20 classes they will be setting the program up to reload, not rebuild.
How many top 20 classes has McWristbands had so far?

Rivals:
2013: 34th
2014: 21st
2015: 20th
2016: 46th (so far)

Scout:
2013: 30th
2014: 17th
2015: 17th
2016: 43rd (so far)

ESPN:
2013: 42nd
2015: 26th
2016: 27th (so far)

247 Sports:
2013: 36th
2014: 25th
2016: 41st (so far)

Sleeping giant quality right there.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Your problem is you don't know when to STFU. You need to turn the 5'6 to 6'5 and you would be close.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azgreg wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Is he wrong? We all agree that TG is the king of hyperbole, but by most accounts this is the biggest, fastest, and most athletic the ASU roster has been in a long time. The last couple or recruiting classes are proof of that. I think they are still a couple of years away from being a legitimate threat to win the conference. But if they continue to recruit top 20 classes they will be setting the program up to reload, not rebuild.

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN:

247 Sports:

I follow Scout's recruiting because they have much more resources in the western half of the country (Hence the reason I said top 20). I doubt this years class is as strong as last years (not in on as many top kids as they were a year ago), but where they are right now means nothing. They fill up most of their class late in the recruiting season. Again, don't take my word for it. listen to anyone who is not an ASU fan that has been to camp this off season. They all had the same things to say: ASU is noticeably bigger and more athletic. Building a program takes time. ASU is far from arriving, but they are on the right track.
Scummy Dick Douglas

dc4azcats wrote:

Your problem is you don't know when to STFU. You need to turn the 5'6 to 6'5 and you would be close.
So he is tall and fragile?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Whatever you say I am scummy because you always speak the truth and are so balanced in every post. You are like all scum devil fans, fair and balanced.

Clown clown clown school, poster, fans, coach and AD. You are a POS liar. Go tweet dude
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

Oh look it's you still "clinging to numbers and facts." You really are an embarrassment, and the sad thing is that you don't even know it.

But like I said before its's so so typical with you people (assu fans).
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:I follow Scout's recruiting because they have much more resources in the western half of the country (Hence the reason I said top 20). I doubt this years class is as strong as last years (not in on as many top kids as they were a year ago), but where they are right now means nothing. They fill up most of their class late in the recruiting season. Again, don't take my word for it. listen to anyone who is not an ASU fan that has been to camp this off season. They all had the same things to say: ASU is noticeably bigger and more athletic. Building a program takes time. ASU is far from arriving, but they are on the right track.
So, they're still a sleeping giant then?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azgreg wrote:

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN:

247 Sports:

I follow Scout's recruiting because they have much more resources in the western half of the country (Hence the reason I said top 20). I doubt this years class is as strong as last years (not in on as many top kids as they were a year ago), but where they are right now means nothing. They fill up most of their class late in the recruiting season. Again, don't take my word for it. listen to anyone who is not an ASU fan that has been to camp this off season. They all had the same things to say: ASU is noticeably bigger and more athletic. Building a program takes time. ASU is far from arriving, but they are on the right track.

Go spit that shit out somewhere else clown. Clown school, clown poster
prh

Post by prh »

Why the hell do we still let this fool post here?
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:Whatever you say I am scummy because you always speak the truth and are so balanced in every post. You are like all scum devil fans, fair and balanced.

Clown clown clown school, poster, fans, coach and AD. You are a POS liar. Go tweet dude
So to be clear, you are still angry?
Scummy Dick Douglas

azgreg wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:I follow Scout's recruiting because they have much more resources in the western half of the country (Hence the reason I said top 20). I doubt this years class is as strong as last years (not in on as many top kids as they were a year ago), but where they are right now means nothing. They fill up most of their class late in the recruiting season. Again, don't take my word for it. listen to anyone who is not an ASU fan that has been to camp this off season. They all had the same things to say: ASU is noticeably bigger and more athletic. Building a program takes time. ASU is far from arriving, but they are on the right track.
No way. I never referred to ASU as a sleeping giant. I think the logic behind that analogy is flawed. I made mention of what national "experts" refer to ASU as, but they have no idea what they are talking about. ASU might have been a sleeping giant in the 70's and 80's when they were turning out NFL talent left and right. But having one really great season in 20+ years doesn't qualify ASU as anything other than asleep.

ASU does have a lot going for it. Pretty lax entrance requirements, a huge student body and alumni base. Great campus in major market with great nightlife surrounding. What they have lacked has been management. Dr. Crow was more a problem than a help, but with the presence of Todd Graham he has finally started providing real support to the AD (basically he is finally not adverse to putting money into athletics). They are investing a ton of $ into the facilities, and there is a real buzz with recruits. Have they arrived? Far from it, but you would have be blind to not see ASU football program is on a real uptick. If they maintain this type of momentum for the next 4-5 years, they will have laid the foundation for a real contender.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

How on earth can anyone say ASU has a great campus with a straight face??? It is one of the ugliest I have ever seen.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azcat49 wrote:Whatever you say I am scummy because you always speak the truth and are so balanced in every post. You are like all scum devil fans, fair and balanced.

Not at all, just enlightened now that you are a liar and a clown. You were/are a guest here and you have proven you have no class or manners. You did this clown.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:

Not at all, just enlightened now that you are a liar and a clown. You were/are a guest here and you have proven you have no class or manners. You did this clown.
You have basically been foaming at the mouth, incapable of typing a complete sentence to me without personal attacks, and I am the one without class or manners? That is some solid logic there. If I wanted to troll this board I would spout off a bunch of nonsense fan boy comments. I haven't done that. The way i chat with you is the same way I that with ASU fans. Todd Graham talks like used car salesman. RR and his pr team release some really lame videos that seem geared to the 40 and over crowd. I project ASU to go 8-4 this year. I project UA to go 9-3 this year. I was pretty confidant SC was going to win the South this year, until Sark's latest bender. Now I think he is fired before seasons end (I think he loses the team early, if not already). I think RR and TG are the two best coaches in the PAC 12 and as long as they are in AZ, the rivalry will have the most on the line year in year out. So if your hope is to simply own your rival, you should hope TG leaves, and ASU fans should hope RR leaves. If you think the things I write are to troll or are the viewpoints of a blind homer fan, you really should get out more.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Look clown, what gets me is your comment on Twitter after supposedly being "real" with your comments here and like you said, on other boards. Your real character showed itself.

As for the personal attack, no different then you showed on your twitter about RR and the university
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hey Scum Dick, can you let me know how to subscribe to your newsletter on how to make friends and influence others? Thanks in advance.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:Look clown, what gets me is your comment on Twitter after supposedly being "real" with your comments here and like you said, on other boards. Your real character showed itself.

As for the personal attack, no different then you showed on your twitter about RR and the university
I came here to post my thoughts but someone beat me to it. Most of the video's RR and his crew release are cringeworthy, (many of your fellow fans have shared similar sentiments here). If I met you in person I would absolutely give you a hard time about UA, and I am sure you would reciprocate assuming you are capable of doing so without losing your mind. But this is your house. This is a UA fan board, so yeah, I acknowledge that I check most of the petty shit at the door.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

azcat49 wrote:Look clown, what gets me is your comment on Twitter after supposedly being "real" with your comments here and like you said, on other boards. Your real character showed itself.

I came here to post my thoughts but someone beat me to it. Most of the video's RR and his crew release are cringeworthy, (many of your fellow fans have shared similar sentiments here). If I met you in person I would absolutely give you a hard time about UA, and I am sure you would reciprocate assuming you are capable of doing so without losing your mind. But this is your house. This is a UA fan board, so yeah, I acknowledge that I check most of the petty shit at the door.
When's ASU's media day? Can't wait to hear Madonna call every single player the best he's ever coached.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Can't we just go back to making fun of Asu instead of having slap fights with the Asu chode.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Graham arrived at ASU with a lot of disgust from previous schools' fans in his wake. Guy seemed like he would say whatever he thought people wanted to hear, but was always looking for the next promotion to a better school. He has done better at ASU than I thought he would. Now the question is longevity. Is he truly able to build a program that is consistently in the top 4 of the Pac 12? Yet to be seen.

However, his hyperbole ("best team/player/coaching staff/hotdog servers ever") is over the top and predictable. No idea how this plays out in the long run. Vast majority of successful coaches do not do this. Actually, I can't think of a coach in any sport who does this. Must be a reason. ;)

I agree with most on this way of approaching the season: you are setting your team up for failure. Of course, with the attention span in this country getting less and less, he could have a losing record and no one will remember what he said preseason. Nothing like speaking victory.

RR is funny and does a lot of stuff tongue-in-cheek. It is self-deprecating and makes most of us laugh and shake our heads. No one doubts his commitment to making Arizona football the best it has ever been. He is a funny guy and everyone picks up on that, including the players.

Graham? How is it possible that every year is your "best ever team"? And now it's catching. Saw in the ASU Pac 12 networks training camp that their two running backs claim they're not just the best in the Pac 12, but in the entire country. Really?

We shall see which approach leads to long-term success. They couldn't be more different. Let's just say I wouldn't trade RR and his approach for anyone.

Go Cats!!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

They'll go 8-4
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

PITT hadd the best players and the best team Graham had ever coached. Till he fired off that SMS and ran for the airport.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Main Event wrote:They'll go 8-4
Going just by Madonna MicWristbands' rhetoric this offseason, if they even have one loss it will be a massive disappointment. 8-4 would be an epic choke job, especially since this the best team he's ever laid eyes on. Anything less than a national championship would represent a total fail on the part of the coaching staff.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Just heard on the radio that McWristbands just had the best chicken sandwich he's ever had.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

azgreg wrote:Just heard on the radio that McWristbands just had the best chicken sandwich he's ever had.
:lol: Followed by the best ever session on the crapper!

Go Cats!!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

azgreg wrote:
No way. I never referred to ASU as a sleeping giant. I think the logic behind that analogy is flawed. I made mention of what national "experts" refer to ASU as, but they have no idea what they are talking about. ASU might have been a sleeping giant in the 70's and 80's when they were turning out NFL talent left and right. But having one really great season in 20+ years doesn't qualify ASU as anything other than asleep.

ASU does have a lot going for it. Pretty lax entrance requirements, a huge student body and alumni base. Great campus in major market with great nightlife surrounding. What they have lacked has been management. Dr. Crow was more a problem than a help, but with the presence of Todd Graham he has finally started providing real support to the AD (basically he is finally not adverse to putting money into athletics). They are investing a ton of $ into the facilities, and there is a real buzz with recruits. Have they arrived? Far from it, but you would have be blind to not see ASU football program is on a real uptick. If they maintain this type of momentum for the next 4-5 years, they will have laid the foundation for a real contender.

"ASU does have a lot going for it" yep, except a good education. As an Arizona native, the ASSU diploma mill is just an embarrassment to the state of Arizona.

I'll give you one thing though and it pains me to say it, but Fraud McWristbands is a very good football coach. Anybody who doesn't think so should take a look at how few penalties ASSU gives up.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

Catstatic wrote:Graham arrived at ASU with a lot of disgust from previous schools' fans in his wake. Guy seemed like he would say whatever he thought people wanted to hear, but was always looking for the next promotion to a better school. He has done better at ASU than I thought he would. Now the question is longevity. Is he truly able to build a program that is consistently in the top 4 of the Pac 12? Yet to be seen.

However, his hyperbole ("best team/player/coaching staff/hotdog servers ever") is over the top and predictable. No idea how this plays out in the long run. Vast majority of successful coaches do not do this. Actually, I can't think of a coach in any sport who does this. Must be a reason. ;)

I agree with most on this way of approaching the season: you are setting your team up for failure. Of course, with the attention span in this country getting less and less, he could have a losing record and no one will remember what he said preseason. Nothing like speaking victory.

RR is funny and does a lot of stuff tongue-in-cheek. It is self-deprecating and makes most of us laugh and shake our heads. No one doubts his commitment to making Arizona football the best it has ever been. He is a funny guy and everyone picks up on that, including the players.

Graham? How is it possible that every year is your "best ever team"? And now it's catching. Saw in the ASU Pac 12 networks training camp that their two running backs claim they're not just the best in the Pac 12, but in the entire country. Really?

We shall see which approach leads to long-term success. They couldn't be more different. Let's just say I wouldn't trade RR and his approach for anyone.

Go Cats!!
The hyperbole from Graham is over the top. Like a lot of coaches, not a lot of insight to be garnered from his interviews, though his tend to be on the uber-positive side. I wonder if he isn't trying to build confidence or throw people off or something. Some of the positive things he says about guys that won't crack the two deep is just odd. As far as the players go, wouldn't you want your players, (especially your skill position players) to be super cocky? I get that as spectators we appreciate humility, but confidence bordering on arrogance is a common theme among many great athletes. I doubt it would bother you if UA players were claiming they are the best in the country. I actually expect it.

As far as the "best ever" talk goes, Graham will say that shit regardless. That said, he is not entirely wrong. Each year he has been here, he has gotten more of his guys into the program, fitting the mold he wants to build in Tempe. The culture has been established to the point where he is not selling the last regime on it, the new kids are policed by Graham recruits. The culture is set. Recruiting itself has brought in better classes each year (though i think this year takes a step back). And as an effect of said recruiting, the ASU roster is bigger, faster, and noticeably more athletic than when Graham arrived.

I think what bothers you is that Graham is saying it. If RR stated this is his best team, no one would question it because the evidence is there. Since RR's first team @ UA to now, they have recruited better, and the kids are more experienced and sold on the culture. His system is in place, so to speak.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

carcassdragger wrote: "ASU does have a lot going for it" yep, except a good education. As an Arizona native, the ASSU diploma mill is just an embarrassment to the state of Arizona.
Stuff like this doesnt help it:
Arizona State University has launched the first class of its Global Freshman Academy, GFA lets anyone in the world complete a full university freshman year online after completing a series of eight of 12 courses online. No application or transcripts are required, and students don’t have to pay for credit until they know they’ve passed.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /32074313/
Scummy Dick Douglas

carcassdragger wrote:
azgreg wrote:

"ASU does have a lot going for it" yep, except a good education. As an Arizona native, the ASSU diploma mill is just an embarrassment to the state of Arizona.

I'll give you one thing though and it pains me to say it, but Fraud McWristbands is a very good football coach. Anybody who doesn't think so should take a look at how few penalties ASSU gives up.
As great of a HC as TG has been for ASU, he might be an even better position coach. TG coaches the DB's directly, and his ability to get those kids into the league has been impressive thus far.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Are their running backs still going to be the best in the country? :lol:

Not even the best in the state...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Smoke there is fire....
Graham attended Saturday's practice, but was not at Monday's session.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /32285751/
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Buckled under the pressure if coaching the greatest RBs ever
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Rumor mill on FB says it's an improper relationship with a female student/athlete.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:Rumor mill on FB says it's an improper relationship with a female student/athlete.
\

Bo Knows Sexual Harrassment?
-JB
Scummy Dick Douglas

MrBug708 wrote:Buckled under the pressure if coaching the greatest RBs ever
This.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This needs to hit Twitter. RR dancing and posting comical videos promoting the girls gymnastics teams = Clownish. The head football coaches son at ASSU banging coed athletes.....priceless.

Just shocked, wait no I am not, at the lack of institutional control. To think Toad had no idea his son was banging some coed is laughable. At best he looked the other way but too many people knew and were talking. He had to make a move to look tough.

The whole school, it's alums, fans, posters is a complete joke. Clown school defined. Give me dancing/dumb vids over inappropriate professional behavior
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:Rumor mill on FB says it's an improper relationship with a female student/athlete.
Should've used Ashley Madison...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great article LOL. So Toad couldn't keep it in his pants either. Like father like son, dumb choices. So ASSUish
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Ah the coaches son. Nice incident before the season.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Probably got some nasty, ASSU superbug version of the clap.

Bo Knows the Clap!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm sure it was the best venereal disease he's ever been a part of.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:

clown show. what a fucking joke of a college. :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I guess Jesus hates Catholics:

http://www.mission68.org/event/606929-2 ... off-event/

Most local football fans were overwhelmed with joy after watching Arizona State obliterate Notre Dame 55-31. It was a big game, and got a lot of attention all over the country.

Immediately after the victory, ecstatic ASU coach Todd Graham was asked by a TV reporter for his reaction.

Graham said, "Well, first of all, man, I just wanna thank my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, for allowing me to coach this team. And I'm gonna tell you this: He has had His hands on us."

Maybe Coach Wristbands, who got a girl pregnant at 16, and his son should keep their hands off.
-JB