Game #9 @ Washington Huskies Discussion Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Game #9 @ Washington Huskies Discussion Thread

Post by chiefzona »

As much as I love DC, like Uacats, I believe his posting career is over. The pundits and homers are just giving up at this point because the excuses are all excuses. I feel sorry for some pundits because all of their homerism has created anger toward them because some good paying Arizona fans feel they were duped into believing a lie. You have to have balance in everything and report the truth when you see it. Denial is no longer an option in Wildcat Nation.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

And the arrogance continues from Chief
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chief really flexing his nuts over this loss and season...

I'm as critical as the next guy, value performance, and agree with some of his takes, but damn what kind of fan gets such joy out of what we have witnessed and then piles on other posters?

Stay classy chief.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

CalStateTempe wrote:Chief really flexing his nuts over this loss and season...

I'm as critical as the next guy, value performance, and agree with some of his takes, but damn what kind of fan gets such joy out of what we have witnessed and then piles on other posters?

Stay classy chief.

I flex my nuts getting out of the car. I speak my mind no matter what the cost and I can't say that's true in relation with most fans. DC has piled on me over the years a hell of a lot more than I on him and even he would tell you that. DC and I are buddies. As far as reveling in this....no. I really don't. I actually get angry because all my warnings and strong words have been argued and beaten to a pulp until now when I am getting apology messages. It's disgusting to me that a whole fan base chooses to live in denial until the wheels fall off the bus and everyone has to walk.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Going forward, who would be your realistic coach and staff?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Would like to hear what DC4 has to say.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I always read chief saying him and DC are cool and buddies but never see DC confirm that
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

chiefzona wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Chief really flexing his nuts over this loss and season...

Stay classy chief.

I flex my nuts getting out of the car. I speak my mind no matter what the cost and I can't say that's true in relation with most fans. DC has piled on me over the years a hell of a lot more than I on him and even he would tell you that. DC and I are buddies. As far as reveling in this....no. I really don't. I actually get angry because all my warnings and strong words have been argued and beaten to a pulp until now when I am getting apology messages. It's disgusting to me that a whole fan base chooses to live in denial until the wheels fall off the bus and everyone has to walk.
Hate to break it to you, but the UA fanbase is no different than any other college football fanbase in the US. Go look at any free message board and you see similar posts to what you find here. Things are never as good or bad as the most passionate of fans think things to be.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well except Asu fans who are generally the most delusional in all of sports.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Scummy Dick Douglas

ASUHATER! wrote:Well except Asu fans who are generally the most delusional in all of sports.
Haha, if you say so.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Again so incredibly sad the Scummie is the one speaking the truth
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Well except Asu fans who are generally the most delusional in all of sports.
Haha, if you say so.
Ever been on an Asu message board in the preseason? Doesn't matter what year or the situation you'll always see "this is the national title year" talk and "Usc is our rival and not Arizona" and "Asu is a top 15 program". I've seen that stuff on Asu boards for a decade plus under 3 different coaching staffs.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Scummy Dick Douglas

ASUHATER! wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Haha, if you say so.
Ever been on an Asu message board in the preseason? Doesn't matter what year or the situation you'll always see "this is the national title year" talk and "Usc is our rival and not Arizona" and "Asu is a top 15 program". I've seen that stuff on Asu boards for a decade plus under 3 different coaching staffs.
Most free boards are a shit show. I am on the paid boards of Scout, easily ASU's biggest fan forum, and can tell you for a fact most fans were not predicting playoff. I think the poll has most fans saying ASU goes 9-3 this season, with a just as many people predicting 7-5 as 10-2. (I predicted 8-4).

And to be fair, it was not just ASU homers hyping ASU this year. Plenty of national "experts" were in on the ASU dark horse talk. Every year there are many teams that are hyped and fail to meet expectations. Just off the top of my head, Auburn, SC, and Oregon to name a few. Says we have come a long way in the last 4 years to even be in a national conversation. Building a program takes years, if not decades (look at Oregon). ASU is on the right track, but we are still several years away from being a realistic contender.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I was at the game. Wanna thank the fellas for giving us a reason to leave early. Worst Wildcat game I've ever attended. Only moments of amusement were Husky fans thinking it was meaningful. Oh, and Shun Brown's fair catch.

Weather was not a factor. Light rain in second quarter. Jake From State Farm Browning had no trouble completing passes. He could've worn khakis and kept clean.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:Lots of good seats still available....
I'd love to see a game at this stadium once.
Just not that one. It's a crime to play a night game there. Removes the beauty.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:Lots of good seats still available....
I'd love to see a game at this stadium once.
Just not that one. It's a crime to play a night game there. Removes the beauty.
I can imagine that the view is pretty good during the day. It's clear that Larry Scott is against a good view.
gumby

Post by gumby »

People were blaming the coaches.