NCAA Tourney Non Arizona game thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pokinmik

Re: NCAA Tourney Non Arizona game thread

Post by pokinmik »

Fuck Duke and their cakewalk to the title game. To recap the gifts that Duke received in the last few min in a tight game....

Winslow ramming defenders out of control with foul trouble yet blocks were called...Duke flops on the other end and gets a charge.

Winslow stepped out of bounds right in front of an official, ref doesn't call it and Okafor scores. CBS accidentally shows the replay and cuts away mid-video.

Winslow clearly touches the ball with his finger in as crucial a situation as can be yet somehow Duke is awarded the ball...refs claim not enough evidence even though Winslow clearly touched the ball. This call puts the chokehold on Wisc.

Tyus Jones bangs two threes down the stretch (those were clutch), coupled with the ref assistance...Game fuckin Over.

Fuck Wisconsin too though I enjoyed watching their sadness.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

CalStateTempe wrote:That one shining moment was really lame.

I only saw the shot of TJ. and then the CATS getting beat by tOSU and Wisky.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I still cant get over last year's bad call but I enjoyed this:

Bo Ryan Comments on Refs in 2015 NCAA Championship Game, 1-and-Done Players
I just feel sorry for my guys that all of a sudden a game was like that

"we don't do rent-a-player."

Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson highlighted two of the more controversial calls, or non-calls, that went against the Badgers.

Some would also argue that Wisconsin was the beneficiary of a bad call or two against the Kentucky Wildcats in the national semifinals.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2422 ... =editorial
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

How many times have your or will you see the best/second best player in college basketball on the bench at the end of National Championship Game not due to fouls but due to the fact that he would've hurt his team by being on the floor. Wow!
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The day after, here are my thoughts:

--Still hate both teams. I can't think of a good result last night other than an asteroid.
--The refs played a huge role in the outcome. The wrong call on the replay when Winslow clearly touched it last resulted in Jones hitting a three that took the game from competitive to Duke's to lose. It was the most flagrant because it wasn't even a judgment call, and they had replay.
--Wisconsin panicked for the first time all year. How else do you explain Koenig becoming offensive option #1?
--Ryan's criticizing the refs dance went worse because he was trying to be politic. I would have more respect if he just said what was obviously on his mind.
--Dekker making every shot against us and then laying a giant deuce last night only made me feel more like Arizona is cursed.
--**** Duke.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Coop Cat wrote:
18 years ago. What game was that? :)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

NCAA got what it wanted. Surprised Jay Bilas isn't spouting off about the ridiculousness of Duke winning again while making big bucks for the NCAA. On yeah, he would have to admit that Duke was the beneficiary of one of the easiest paths in NCAA history. Duke couldn't win their conference or conference tourney and was still treated like the top seed in the tournament. Reminds me of SHB's epic post about how tough the UA has had it in the tourney compared to UCONN.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

gumby

Post by gumby »

I enjoyed the Final Four. Compelling games. Still don't understand why people follow a sport they believe to be corrupt or fixed or whatever the complaint is. Just saw a piece saying refs didn't get same video view as viewers at home.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Coop Cat wrote:
18 years ago. What game was that? :)
Yep. Our NC still tops in the Nielsen's
gumby

Post by gumby »

Coop Cat wrote:
Still amazed at what he did. Duke dead in water and that's the lifeguard? Very large gonads.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:I enjoyed the Final Four. Compelling games. Still don't understand why people follow a sport they believe to be corrupt or fixed or whatever the complaint is. Just saw a piece saying refs didn't get same video view as viewers at home.
I thought teamcast was only so home viewers could get broadcasts from their school's announcing team, but it sounds like the refs got Duke's teamcast for that replay.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Merkin wrote:Who the heck is Grayson Allen?