Question about guys

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Question about guys

Post by Longhorned »

A Seinfeld episode made fun of it, but how common is this?

You meet some guy at work or in your building, and then he starts emailing you, and even leaving phone messages. A grown man, with a career, and a wife or a girlfriend. Always straight and, for some reason, without children. To give him what he wants, you and your wife meet up with him and his wife or girlfriend for dinner. Then he starts calling you even more frequently, and even starts showing up at your office. You make yourself unavailable, and then his messages start getting really desperate. The whole thing starts to weigh on you, and so finally you just tell him that you're so busy that he should leave you alone permanently, and he takes it really, really badly. Then a few months later, he starts trying again! So you have to be so clear that it destroys the person, and every time you run into him somewhere he acts like you're the cruelest, most horrible person who ever existed.

This happens to me all the fucking time. My old friends have watched it happen again and again, laughing at my expense. I warned my wife about it and she thought I was nuts, and then sure enough, she's watched unfold three times now. It even happened with the handyman, so I had to leave all these projects unfinished while I searched for another handyman.

I should have asked this board about this years ago, but does this happen in your life?
Merkin

Re: Question about guys

Post by Merkin »

That's what happens to attractive witty people.

So no.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You know, if you just picked up your phone from time to time, we could chat, and then I wouldn't have to show up at your office, wondering if you're dead or mortally injured and in need of someone. Ok? Pardon me for caring about you Professor Longbottom!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If I were attractive and witty, I'd get all kind of women, which I never did. Maybe I just need to be more surly. When some nut starts talking to you, you probably pick up your phone and say, "Excuse me, I have to take this." Whereas I just kind of hear them out and make them feel validated.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It used to happen to me all the time. I then started wearing pants and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

Give it a shot.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:If I were attractive and witty, I'd get all kind of women, which I never did. Maybe I just need to be more surly. When some nut starts talking to you, you probably pick up your phone and say, "Excuse me, I have to take this." Whereas I just kind of hear them out and make them feel validated.
I don't seem to have that problem.
I repel people of all the different sexual orientations.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

One time. 14 years ago. Wife and I drove to Idaho to a clothing optional hot springs HE knew where she worked, I had to get my DL renewed, and of course she worked at the DMV. Wife changed careers, and we changed phone number after about the 15th invite to a sex party.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:One time. 14 years ago. Wife and I drove to Idaho to a clothing optional hot springs HE knew where she worked, I had to get my DL renewed, and of course she worked at the DMV. Wife changed careers, and we changed phone number after about the 15th invite to a sex party.
I've never been approached by swingers. I once knew a guy who asked a girlfriend of mine to join him and his girlfriend, but I wasn't invited.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Has he shown up at the gym to play basketball with you yet?

George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

The next thing you know, he'll have you driving him to the airport.
Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:You know, if you just picked up your phone from time to time, we could chat, and then I wouldn't have to show up at your office, wondering if you're dead or mortally injured and in need of someone. Ok? Pardon me for caring about you Professor Longbottom!
lol, read my mind.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy