Cats open at the Wynn as 5 point favorites. Mmmmm
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Re: Wooden Legacy Nov 26-29

Post by rgdeuce »

azcat49 wrote:Cats open at the Wynn as 5 point favorites. Mmmmm
I hate saying it and I never bet against my own team, but id be putting some money on providence tonight. Not saying we lose, but thats a pretty good bet right there. Just the fact alone that Zeus is likely out, our confidence has to be low, and our legs are DONE playing an OT game the night before. Allen and Trier will be fresh, so that is a positive.
prh

Post by prh »

If we take out Gabe being 1-11 from three, then our shooting isn't too terrible and we're probably fine. It seemed the colder he was the farther out he was chucking from.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lets go small ball and run them off the court.

GO CATS!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Lets go small ball and run them off the court.

GO CATS!
Dunn
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Puerco, the first Wisky game we struggled offensively from what I remember. And they werent a great defensive team, either year. Our offense was better in game 2, but there was nothing you could do because of Dekker. First game it was Kaminsky down the stretch, we should have built a bigger lead early but spun our wheels on offense.

I get what ur saying and I dont think youre wrong. But like i said, we've been 1-11 from three at halftime already this season. And like i said, the comps only gonna get better. The boise state game too we struggled in the first half and were chucking. I guess what im trying to emphasize is last night was not an anomaly and on top of that, what quality defensive team have we played through five games?

Im not expecting an undefeated season, far from it, and I think we all know that isnt going to come close to happening. But, if we dont figure things out defensively, we are going to start getting into win one lose one, win two lose one scenarios, which is what happens to 10-8, 11-7 and 12-6 teams in the conference. On tough road trips you can lose both very easily
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Look at the bright side, we've beaten Santa Clara more times than the 92 team did.

Just kidding, that game was really disheartening. Get up 30-15 and just flatline it. Get open 3's all night and miss all of them.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Lofty wrote:Zags? True, but if Wildcats happen to beat Providence (certainly no given), Michigan St. is going to DESTROY us.
Zags have a lot of size. So does Zeus. I'm aware of upcoming games.
Right where I want to be.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sorry to be late to this thread, but is Zeus out tonight?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:Sorry to be late to this thread, but is Zeus out tonight?

Game time decision.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:

Game time decision.
Maybe better just to rest him? I'd rather have him rested and healthy for the rest of our OOC schedule. If he injures it worse tonight or tomorrow, it will reflect poorly that he was allowed to suit up.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Game time decision.
Maybe better just to rest him? I'd rather have him rested and healthy for the rest of our OOC schedule. If he injures it worse tonight or tomorrow, it will reflect poorly that he was allowed to suit up.
I would assume they will probably rest him. He has apparently has ankle issues a lot this year. Can't risk this turning into something worse. On the bright side, the fact that he's a game time decision is good news for other upcoming games.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

billk78 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Game time decision.
I would assume they will probably rest him. He has apparently has ankle issues a lot this year. Can't risk this turning into something worse. On the bright side, the fact that he's a game time decision is good news for other upcoming games.
Even with Zeus out, we should beat Providence. They're a marginal team, probably looking at the bubble by March. A win over AZ would look great on their tourney resume. Here's hoping that York pulled his head out of his a$$ this morning and that our shooters get hot. If they come out like they did vs. Santa Clara, we aren't winning. I want to play MSU tomorrow, even if they're going to run us out of the gym.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
I want to play MSU tomorrow, even if they're going to run us out of the gym.

Final is on Sunday night. One more day for Zeus to rest if he doesn't play tonight.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
I want to play MSU tomorrow, even if they're going to run us out of the gym.

Final is on Sunday night. One more day for Zeus to rest if he doesn't play tonight.
Didn't know this. Again, if the ankle is sore and he tweaked it pretty hard last night, not sure why SM would play him. It's a long season, and we need Zeus healthy when the stakes are higher.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Game is 1pm Sunday
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

Ryan Anderson is the team right now.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

so... boise state again?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

dirtbags wrote:so... boise state again?
Yup. A Boise State team wanting revenge or a really good MSU team that probably would've killed us. We were screwed either way.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

At least with MSU, the team would have had nothing to lose and could've seen what Kaleb could do.

But Boise has far more to play for, and honestly, putting Zeus out there would be pointless.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

AZCatGirl wrote:
dirtbags wrote:so... boise state again?
Yup. A Boise State team wanting revenge or a really good MSU team that probably would've killed us. We were screwed either way.
i'm hopeful that the game will be called off on account of fishes and leeches will falling from the sky, indoors, in the honda center tomorrow afternoon
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Very lame rematch. Kind of a bummer of a weekend for the Cats and their fans.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

catgrad97 wrote:At least with MSU, the team would have had nothing to lose and could've seen what Kaleb could do.

But Boise has far more to play for, and honestly, putting Zeus out there would be pointless.
Nothing to play for, get real. Hope the team isn't defeated like the fan base.

And cut the whole team if they don't play with fire on Sunday because they beat Boise a state already. The revenge angle in sports is so overblown. If this team doesn't play their hardest on Sunday and as hard as Boise State there are serious issues its the players and leadership of the team.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

pokinmik wrote:Very lame rematch. Kind of a bummer of a weekend for the Cats and their fans.
Team it sucks for but they didn't play well and Zues was hurt so it kinda is what it is. Fans built a matchup with MSU too much, I am part of it, but can't assume these things.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

yeah, i definitely anticipated an Arizona - msu final.

i'm always excited to watch our guys play, but am feeling a little ehhh about the boise consi... hopefully our team will respond to last night's loss resoundingly. plus, it's an early game so i can watch homeland tonight. :roll: will be cheering on providence from the score ticker.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The game is tomorrow at 1:30 Pacific
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

sorry, yes - homeland tomorrow night! :D
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

I have an all sessions pass for tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested.
You'd have to come get them and I live in the NELA area. Eagle Rock.
I've watched two games live and would like to give to a Cat fan!! They're good seats got them a while ago.

Section 220, Row E Seats 3-4
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:At least with MSU, the team would have had nothing to lose and could've seen what Kaleb could do.

And cut the whole team if they don't play with fire on Sunday because they beat Boise a state already. The revenge angle in sports is so overblown. If this team doesn't play their hardest on Sunday and as hard as Boise State there are serious issues its the players and leadership of the team.
Are you and Machina the same person?

You just seem to wear kid gloves when it comes to all things football program related and rail fan support, but when it come to basketball...
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Phxcats is simply a troll, nothing more. Nothing less.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Are you and Machina the same person?

You just seem to wear kid gloves when it comes to all things football program related and rail fan support, but when it come to basketball...
:!:

;)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Boise St v Arizona

Vegas -5 1/2 Az

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/" target="_blank
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Too bad not the night game. Bigger arena and they sell beer. Instead I am driving back after the game. Just witnessed a half time show of dude's racing to win a pair of socks....
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Providence has been up most of this first half and Bentil has 15 first half points. Play has been pretty high level for this early in the year.

I think like Miller said, the Friars will go on to have a special year for them
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Nice attendance for the championship game... lol.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Dunn picked up his 4th foul at the 8 minute mark with Providence up 3 and he had to go out. Sparty goes on an 11-0 run until Dunn came back in at the under 4 TO. He just hit a 3 to cut the lead to 4.

That kid is tough but he has to learn he must stay on the floor. I am not sure Sparty wins this (assuming they hold on) if he had not gone out
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Dunn is the best college basketball player I've watched this year. He has his dumbass moments, but he's as talented as any. Michigan State was lucky tonight, but they are top 5 good for sure.

Arizona coming out 2-1 of that tournament, after injuries, technical fouls, and poor shooting from some individuals...feels ok to me. Hopefully the team can get a little healthy, and continue to improve on defense over the next week....
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

They played Mich State tough. You're right, Dunn needs to figure out how to stay on the floor. I know his aggressiveness on D is part of what he does, but he's far more important on offense and it isn't worth forcing a few extra turnovers. Providence should crack top 25, we shouldn't drop more than 4-5 spots
Dave

Post by Dave »

This tournament needs to end. The attendance was beyond atrocious. It was worse than a UCLA home game!
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Olsondogg wrote: Arizona coming out 2-1 of that tournament, after injuries, technical fouls, and poor shooting from some individuals...feels ok to me. Hopefully the team can get a little healthy, and continue to improve on defense over the next week....
Don't forget about the appalling number of turnovers. This AZ squad may end up losing a lot of games this year. There will clearly be a winning record and there are some real talented players on the roster, but there are some deficiencies that the team may not overcome. Just imagine this team with Ivan Rabb and Ray Smith in the line-up....
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

We'll jump all of those teams that shouldn't have been ahead of us, and displace Gonzaga to land at 13 in the AP poll. Xavier is underrated in the coach's poll, and should stay ahead of Arizona at 12 in the AP poll.