Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Beachcat97 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:Trier ain't coming back...
If he's not coming back, it's very strange that he's as involved with the team as he has been. Much more so than Pitts last year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:
If he's not coming back, it's very strange that he's as involved with the team as he has been. Much more so than Pitts last year.
Pitts got a teammate's sister drunk and had sex with her. This violates ABOR rules as a drunk woman cannot give consent, and therefore he was due to be expelled from school.

Doesn't seem to be any relation to the Trier case, which seems to be a medical drugs issue.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Main Event wrote:Image
R.I.P.

And yea, she's ok. One who you could take home after a night out when options 1-5 don't work out, and you wouldnt feel that bad about it the next morning.

Edit: NM. Off the strength of some better pictures and some promising RT's minus the R, Id bump her up from a 6 to a 7.

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller: Allonzo Trier situation 'far higher up the ladder than me'

Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star Updated 1 hr ago (0)

While Pac-12 Network reporter Jill Savage said Saturday that Sean Miller "told me he does believe (Allonzo) Trier will play sometime this season,” Miller appeared to distance himself from that report during his news conference today.

Miller said he did not know of a date that Trier’s case will be resolved by and, when asked specifically about what he told the Pac-12 Network, said:

“Honestly, I’ve said so many things over the last three or four months, I would just say that I hope that Allonzo has an opportunity to play sometime this year. I’ll leave it at that. If I knew more, l would say. If I would be able to, I would say. But this is far, far higher up the ladder than me. I’m just soldiering

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 8d490.html" target="_blank
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

EVCat wrote:I'd say with the certainty of people's reaction that he is getting close, and Miller's sudden willingness to talk, the biology thing makes sense. You can see the number coming down if it is a piss/blood test, and based on how quickly it is disappearing from detection, you can math your way into when he will return.

My guess is he ingested something against NCAA rules, but deemed medically necessary (after a car crash maybe). The NCAA suspended him for the year. He appealed based upon the medical necessity/reasonableness of his taking the med in his situation. The NCAA approved his appeal on the blind review, but shit bricks at the loophole this could present (Dr Feelgood's prescribing banned substances. Though not the case here, they have a reason for concern). So the NCAA, to cover this loophole, says "OK...a medical necessity led to this. But in this case, while we can overturn the penalty, we will not allow you to play until this banned substance is no longer detectable by our panel test." So he is passing his way back onto the court.

Am I close?
This would explain the silence. HIPAA.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

splitsecond wrote:
EVCat wrote:I'd say with the certainty of people's reaction that he is getting close, and Miller's sudden willingness to talk, the biology thing makes sense. You can see the number coming down if it is a piss/blood test, and based on how quickly it is disappearing from detection, you can math your way into when he will return.

My guess is he ingested something against NCAA rules, but deemed medically necessary (after a car crash maybe). The NCAA suspended him for the year. He appealed based upon the medical necessity/reasonableness of his taking the med in his situation. The NCAA approved his appeal on the blind review, but shit bricks at the loophole this could present (Dr Feelgood's prescribing banned substances. Though not the case here, they have a reason for concern). So the NCAA, to cover this loophole, says "OK...a medical necessity led to this. But in this case, while we can overturn the penalty, we will not allow you to play until this banned substance is no longer detectable by our panel test." So he is passing his way back onto the court.

Am I close?
Alonzo himself can/could waive any information restriction (HIPAA, education-related, NCAA-related, etc.)
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Pitts got a teammate's sister drunk and had sex with her. This violates ABOR rules as a drunk woman cannot give consent, and therefore he was due to be expelled from school.

Doesn't seem to be any relation to the Trier case, which seems to be a medical drugs issue.
Guess that makes me a serial rapist.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

pc in NM wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

Am I close?
Alonzo himself can/could waive any information restriction (HIPAA, education-related, NCAA-related, etc.)
Does anyone ever do that though? He was probably advised not to do so, as there could be legal implications or if a staff trainer in fact gave him a banned substance on accident, the school does NOT want that out there.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

Are you admitting on this board to getting girls drunk to have sex with them?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

if nothing else, it would be nice to at least gain some teachable moments outta this situation, you know, so it never happens again and the staff won't ever have to deal with this b.s. a second time around -- but even the rumored circumstances sound flukey as hell. wtf?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

Are you admitting on this board to getting girls drunk to have sex with them?
Jesus christ dude. He's saying he's had sex with drunk girls. You're seriously a moron.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

splitsecond wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

Am I close?
Does anyone ever do that though? He was probably advised not to do so, as there could be legal implications or if a staff trainer in fact gave him a banned substance on accident, the school does NOT want that out there.
Of course, we have no idea...

... but, as this drags on, only his repution risks being sullied.

And, if a school employee fucked up, who gives a damn about protecting their reputation? Especially, at the cost of the athlete's??
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Maybe someone here can chime in. I did a little bit of internet research, and I kept seeing the beta-2 agonists salbutamol, salmeterol, clenbuterol, and formoterol do not stay in your blood that long. It's been three months, and I kept seeing ranges between 24 and 48 hours. That would rule out an inhaler, or at least waiting for a negative on a blood test before coming back as the reason why he is still not out there. I wish I saved some links, I found one example though.

Clenbuterol - 48 hours in blood

https://examine.com/supplements/clenbuterol/" target="_blank
If it is a PED, one of the questions is whether they're counting metabolites. The half-life of the substance is one thing, but if the NCAA is looking for a metabolite to clear the bloodstream, that can change things.
So, say the cutoff for a positive in a urinalysis is 50 ng/ml, they are now testing for and tracking under the 50 ng/ml until it gets to 0? Is that what you mean by that?
Dunno. The NCAA doesn't mandate elimination tracking to begin with, so I assume they set their own standard and cutoff if they are in this case. If they are tracking metabolites to zero, that could easily be a few months, depending on the substance.
Unfortunately certain steroids can take as long as 18 months to clear the system:

http://anabolic.co/blog/how-long-do-ste ... ur-system/" target="_blank

Detection Times of Popular Steroids

This list represents the average detection times associated with popular anabolic steroids, testosterone esters, and supplements commonly used in bodybuilding or performance enhancement. These are only averages, and you should therefore use the information found here with discretion. Also, keep in mind that these detection times are only true for athletes or bodybuilders who may be subject to urine tests; they do not adequately represent detection times for anyone who may be subject to a blood test. What’s more, hair follicle tests are typically not used for steroid testing.

Anadrol – about 2 months
Andriol – 1 week
Dianabol – 5 weeks
Halotestin – 2 months
Anavar – 3 weeks
Primobolan (tablets or injectable) – 4 to 5 weeks
Winstrol (tablets) – 3 weeks
Equipoise – 4 to 5 months
Masteron (enanthate) – 3 months
Masteron (propionate) – 3 weeks
Winstrol (injectable) – 9 weeks
Deca Durabolin – 18 months
Trenbolone – 5 months
Testosterone acetate – 5 months
Testosterone propionate – 3 weeks
Testosterone cypionate – 3 months
Testosterone enanthate – 5 months
Testosterone suspension – 1 to 2 days (no ester)
Arimidex – 2 weeks
Clomid – up to 8 weeks
HCG – 7 to 10 days
Nolvadex – 2 months
Clenbuterol – 4 to 6 days
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Again, the jovial, almost casual manner with which Trier has conducted himself before and during games gives the impression that this is all going to end well for him. Either that, or he is simply a very sunny, very optimistic person who, even when faced with misfortune, remains upbeat.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:Again, the jovial, almost casual manner with which Trier has conducted himself before and during games gives the impression that this is all going to end well for him. Either that, or he is simply a very sunny, very optimistic person who, even when faced with misfortune, remains upbeat.
I think he's an "everything happens for a reason" guy. A lot of us use logic and reason as we work through sports issues and debates, but what strikes me is how faith-based the athletes are.

Every interview last night revealed His plan: a Clemson victory. So let's hope He wants Trier to return.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Again, the jovial, almost casual manner with which Trier has conducted himself before and during games gives the impression that this is all going to end well for him. Either that, or he is simply a very sunny, very optimistic person who, even when faced with misfortune, remains upbeat.
I think he's an "everything happens for a reason" guy. A lot of us use logic and reason as we work through sports issues and debates, but what strikes me is how faith-based the athletes are.

Every interview last night revealed His plan: a Clemson victory. So let's hope He wants Trier to return.
Maybe God hates Alabama.

Maybe Trier is just that focused on being a good teammate. I've been tremendously impressed with the way he is constantly engaged and energetic on the bench. That support and leadership isn't easy when you're going through a trial of your own, but he has always kept it up.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Both are true.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

If he doesn't play Thursday, then he's not coming back this season. I'm sure he thinks there is hope that he will be back and perhaps that is why he's staying, but I just don't see it happening if not for Thursday. If it was a Semester suspension, then Thursday would make the most sense as Wednesday marks the first day back for classes. It would be unheard of for the NCAA to give him a 58% or a 64% suspension (or some other arbitrary number).

Maybe, just maybe (Long shot opinion) he sees that his draft stock has fallen, due to not playing, and he has decided to stay another year? That would also explain, other than being a great teammate, why he has remained active with the team and committed to school. But again, I don't know, Trier doesn't know, No one knows.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:If he doesn't play Thursday, then he's not coming back this season. I'm sure he thinks there is hope that he will be back and perhaps that is why he's staying, but I just don't see it happening if not for Thursday. If it was a Semester suspension, then Thursday would make the most sense as Wednesday marks the first day back for classes. It would be unheard of for the NCAA to give him a 58% or a 64% suspension (or some other arbitrary number).

Maybe, just maybe (Long shot opinion) he sees that his draft stock has fallen, due to not playing, and he has decided to stay another year? That would also explain, other than being a great teammate, why he has remained active with the team and committed to school. But again, I don't know, Trier doesn't know, No one knows.
Go ahead and disregard all of those thoughts. The one thing that has been made clear is that this has nothing to do with the semester or the calendar, or percentages there of.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Longhorned wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:If he doesn't play Thursday, then he's not coming back this season. I'm sure he thinks there is hope that he will be back and perhaps that is why he's staying, but I just don't see it happening if not for Thursday. If it was a Semester suspension, then Thursday would make the most sense as Wednesday marks the first day back for classes. It would be unheard of for the NCAA to give him a 58% or a 64% suspension (or some other arbitrary number).

Go ahead and disregard all of those thoughts. The one thing that has been made clear is that this has nothing to do with the semester or the calendar, or percentages there of.
I feel ya. I'm just negative, because it makes it so much sweeter when I am wrong. I only hope that he comes back, but just preparing for the worst.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
I feel ya. I'm just negative, because it makes it so much sweeter when I am wrong. I only hope that he comes back, but just preparing for the worst.
A pessimist is seldom disappointed.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Longhorned wrote:

I believe this to be true but people have also hinted that if he doesn't come back this week it could be time to worry. That's a little odd/contradictory though too, right?

I'm mostly frustrated with myself that I keep trying to follow something as closely as I have been - that really seems like there's no point in doing. Hopefully he plays. And soon. Go Cats!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've barely chimed in in this now insane process because I had to just accept the fact 2 months ago that he wasn't going to be playing for us and that I would root for and care about the team that we have available to play. And I have been rewarded pretty well for that as the guys and Miller have done a remarkable job so short handed. It's nearly irrelevant to me if he comes back or not now. Saved me a lot of hand wringing that I would have used to been so obsessed with in the past.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I think we are well past the baseline of this simply being a "Half of season" or "Second Semester" time frame...(semester did just start though)...

I'm leaning more and more into the "contaminants in urine need negative test report" sort of vignette...

A NCAA loophole being closed....Miller said he was just a soldier waaaay down the chain of command, which is a very subtle thing to say considering he IS Triers head coach...this implies something very NOT academics/Pitts/simple inhaler...

Probably some new form of steroids/substance/PED that the NCAA has not made a definitive ruling on...YET...

So it's biology and red tape a wonderful combination if you want to fuck up someones career.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

In my review of NCAA reinstatement committees I discovered that no one from the PAC 12 is allowed to rule on a Pac 12 situation and the same applies for other conferences....this seems...ummm...like letting the fox rule on the hen house...I get that they don't want bias to affect decisions, but that is a two edged sword in some situations...keeping a top level player from playing in a conference you don't want to do well is bias in its own fashion...
gumby

Post by gumby »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote: But again, I don't know, Trier doesn't know, No one knows.
True. It initially sounded like you did know. So just guessing, like everyone else.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:If he doesn't play Thursday, then he's not coming back this season.
Just stop.

Numerous people keep spouting on with the "he's not coming back this season if not cleared by....blah blah blah," and it's all bullshit. When he's cleared he's cleared and it's fully expected to happen some time this season. The AD had reason to believe that was going to occur this past week or this week. They may be wrong (for a reason I can't get into), but if Zo isn't cleared by *insert date here* it doesn't mean he's not playing this season.

Cut the shit already.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The truth is that he wS cleared weeks ago but is not playing just to fuvk with PGU
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:In my review of NCAA reinstatement committees I discovered that no one from the PAC 12 is allowed to rule on a Pac 12 situation and the same applies for other conferences....this seems...ummm...like letting the fox rule on the hen house...I get that they don't want bias to affect decisions, but that is a two edged sword in some situations...keeping a top level player from playing in a conference you don't want to do well is bias in its own fashion...
I see your point, and that assumes that a PAC-12 rep on the internal review would advocate for us, but history has shown that this conference doesn't do us any favors.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:If he doesn't play Thursday, then he's not coming back this season.
Just stop.

Numerous people keep spouting on with the "he's not coming back this season if not cleared by....blah blah blah," and it's all bullshit. When he's cleared he's cleared and it's fully expected to happen some time this season. The AD had reason to believe that was going to occur this past week or this week. They may be wrong (for a reason I can't get into), but if Zo isn't cleared by *insert date here* it doesn't mean he's not playing this season.

Cut the shit already.
Wait............"AD"?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

AD is often used for Athletic Department...

The numbers suggested we'd be there like now. But there is an issue with the science used to make that assumption.

That's what I get.
az91

Post by az91 »

Maybe Trier will be eligible for the tournament? It sounds like Miller is pretty frustrated and pessimistic about Trier's chances of returning.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Not sure what "sources" they have, but....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Not sure what "sources" they have, but....
We love Windy City Cats!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Where'd Ace go?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Puerco wrote:Where'd Ace go?
Aw, not to the Windy City Cats?*

----

* Actually, he couldn't because Windy City Cats is an alumni organization, and Ace never went to the U of A.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

They have sources I want to believe.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Please let it be true.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I've seen this literally nowhere else. Hopefully they're not just trying to drum up a crowd at the alumni bar.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

He may play but I wouldn't count on Windy City cats on breaking this story
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sorry guys, fake news...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Then they can get f*cked. They think crying wolf about Trier is funny, after all the false alarms?

Delete your account, WindyCityCats.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

To be fair - windy city cats closed their reckless speculation joke pretty strong there.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

"Our sources have confirmed Allonzo Trier will be back..."

Hmmmm :roll:
Last edited by HiCat on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Then they can get f*cked. They think crying wolf about Trier is funny, after all the false alarms?

I don't think they thought anyone would really take them seriously.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

catgrad97 wrote:Then they can get f*cked. They think crying wolf about Trier is funny, after all the false alarms?

Speaking as someone who really hasn't bothered to follow the situation closely, I thought it was pretty damn funny when I hopped in this thread and saw they posted their sources.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Speaking as someone who really hasn't bothered to follow the situation closely, I thought it was pretty damn funny when I hopped in this thread and saw they posted their sources.
Agree... love their sources!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Great sources - the best! Yuuuuuuge!

I've got Twitter fatigue from all the BS. I prefer simple, straightforward people, I guess.

We climb all over Ace justifiably for bringing as much to the table.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:To be fair - windy city cats closed their reckless speculation joke pretty strong there.
If you're going to joke about this situation, that is how to do it.