North Dakota

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatFanOneMil

Re: North Dakota

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I think putting in the bench players at the end of the game with almost 2 minutes left was a total class act by their coach, I love to see coaches who put the players first and get everyone a touch in the game...classy.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

gumby wrote:Could be one of those "Brownridge" teams. Quinton Hooker can go off, and that seems to happen at times against the Cats. He's thick like Santa Clara's Jordan Brownridge, and a good all-around scorer.

Heavy dose of Kadeem.
Yeah, our games done, so I'm commenting on old news, but from those highlights I quite like the way Hooker was playing. And the other guy Randle? I think? There was some pretty plays out there. The Cats will (did) out class them, but I enjoyed the way they played in those highlights.

Now I gotta find some film of the real game, cause I have been out of the house all day getting ready to fly to SFO on Monday.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I have a lot of respect for North Dakota. They played really hard and gave us a good game. They clearly weren't just happy to be there and laid it all out there trying to win.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We could use that Hooker kid. Can he transfer and become eligible by tomorrow morning?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Chicat wrote:We could use that Hooker kid. Can he transfer and become eligible by tomorrow morning?
Reminds me, the best name in the history of sports: Fair Hooker
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:We could use that Hooker kid.
Watch the phrasing. Obama might have this place wiretapped.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Or at least make sure your microwave is unplugged when typing...
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

LOL

In other news, lets get that Hooker here.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He's out of eligibility.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote:We could use that Hooker kid. Can he transfer and become eligible by tomorrow morning?
Shot that kid a huge compliment on twitter after the game. I said it in another thread, not many guys have come in as Davey against our Goliath and had a game as good as he had. Dude let his nuts hang and busted his ass for all 38 minutes until they threw out the walk-ons. He did it all with Kadeem in his mug a lot of the time too, several of his shots you couldn't have defended any better and he still knocked them down. He's gonna be a beast playing overseas.

#43 yelling out "And one" and staring down at PJC while he lied on the floor riled me up a bit, but I was fine with it after the guy kept showing out the rest of the game. If they had a bit more size and depth, last night would have been scary for us and anyone else for that matter.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Shot that kid a huge compliment on twitter after the game. I said it in another thread, not many guys have come in as Davey against our Goliath and had a game as good as he had. Dude let his nuts hang and busted his ass for all 38 minutes until they threw out the walk-ons. He did it all with Kadeem in his mug a lot of the time too, several of his shots you couldn't have defended any better and he still knocked them down. He's gonna be a beast playing overseas.

#43 yelling out "And one" and staring down at PJC while he lied on the floor riled me up a bit, but I was fine with it after the guy kept showing out the rest of the game. If they had a bit more size and depth, last night would have been scary for us and anyone else for that matter.
They clearly came to win the game. I respect that. I would have had a harder time accepting talking and getting mad at the refs if they hadn't honestly appeared to think they would win and were focused on making it happen.

All in all, a surprisingly good test. All props to them. The tournament is supposed to be tough.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

They clearly came to win the game. I respect that. I would have had a harder time accepting talking and getting mad at the refs if they hadn't honestly appeared to think they would win and were focused on making it happen.

All in all, a surprisingly good test. All props to them. The tournament is supposed to be tough.
Thats the biggest takeaway from me. They tested us without testing us too hard. Those are tough teams to play when the shots are falling and theirs were falling. Defense needed some shoring up, but I wasn't that mad all things considered. There were some drops in intensity (understandable) and a few guys taking random plays off/head in the clouds, but most of the issues came from something we cant fix, especially at this point - Dusan. It is what it is.