Dorsey

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BigSkyCatinMT

Re: Dorsey

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Wonder if this matters to Ivan Rabb RE: California.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I'm laughing at Cal. Long thread on their site about a big recruiting class that started years ago and has yet to happen. Suck it! Hope Rabb picked Az too as the final straw.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

cats101 wrote:I'm laughing at Cal. Long thread on their site about a big recruiting class that started years ago and has yet to happen. Suck it! Hope Rabb picked Az too as the final straw.
Yeah, me too.....that 'Cal's Monster Class' started in 2012 and is now 143 pages long mostly of delusional drivel......Anyways, this new one on Dorsey is good for a laugh. http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthrea ... y-To-Ducks
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Mr. March

So Clutch
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

In hindsight it was the wrong decision. As much as I've enjoyed Trier, Dorsey is more ideal. Now, this factors in knowledge of Ray Smith having career-ending injuries, and Whatever the hell the other wings name was transferring to fucking St John's the very year we needed a defensive wing.

Hard to blame Miller at the time. He needed to get it right.

I am optimistic he's learned he can't sacrifice for player preference. Barcello is an example. Bagley supposedly wasn't enthused, but Barcello is a type of player Arizona has needed for a long time. And Arizona is still in it for Bagley.

Seeing Dorsey and Williams-Goss, two players deemed toxic, going farther than Arizona this year, I hope Miller realizes the need is the need.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

One of the first things that crept into my mind after the loss. We of course have the benefit of hindsight. Dorsey gets the last laugh and we already know this was something that motivated him, against us especiallly
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I agree with the aspect of this being hindsight. At the time, Trier, Smith and Simon was a stacked wing class. Now that Simon transfers and Ray has his injuries, we pine for what we lost.

If you'd told me two years ago that we would get Trier/Smith/Simon and Alkins/Ferguson/Simmons in back to back classes, I wouldn't have believed you, and if I did, I would have figured Trier and Smith were in the NBA.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Trier and
Simon - transferred
Smith - never played a regular season game, career over
Ferguson - never showed, overseas
Simmons - completely fell apart down the stretch
Alkins - Fractures finger in tournament, completely negating his outside shot and in turn, nearly negating his ability to put the ball on the floor because you can sag off now.

Outside of Trier, we just needed one and it could have been any. We got a half with Rawle (only due to injury). I said it a ton this year, Rawle was the balance piece to our offense.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

It's more than that. Dorsey is so freaking clutch.

He won the Rhode island & Michigan game. He was clutch last year too. He steps up, certainly more clutch than Trier.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

rgdeuce wrote:Trier and
Simon - transferred
Smith - never played a regular season game, career over
Ferguson - never showed, overseas
Simmons - completely fell apart down the stretch
Alkins - Fractures finger in tournament, completely negating his outside shot and in turn, nearly negating his ability to put the ball on the floor because you can sag off now.

Outside of Trier, we just needed one and it could have been any. We got a half with Rawle (only due to injury). I said it a ton this year, Rawle was the balance piece to our offense.
Yup, we needed Rawle with a healthy finger. We didn't have him, didn't adjust, and home we go. Sucks, seems like every time we have the potential even the smallest, flukiest things hurt us at the wrong time.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

And remember ...... it wasn't Trier that had the biggest problem w Dorsey (although he preferred not to have him). It was Justin freaking Simons camp, thinking it would curtail his growth at .......... wait for it ........ POINT GUARD LOL!

I thought it was a mistake then, and obviously do now. Dorsey was the more polished prospect and could get buckets in a variety of ways. Simon was a project. A long-term one at that.

Miller was gunshy because he thought he saw some "not a good teammate, ball-hog, hero-ball" tendencies in Dorsey that reminded him of the red flags in Josiah's recruitment.

Ironic considering everyone's opinion of Trier this morning.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Things that would mean this thread didn't get bumped today:

-Zo's last three falls.
-Ray doesn't get injured.
-Ferguson is eligible.
-Simon stays and develops.
-Rawle doesn't break his finger.
-Zo, PJC, Lauri combine to make one or two more threes.
-Kobi hangs a bit tougher.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:And remember ...... it wasn't Trier that had the biggest problem w Dorsey (although he preferred not to have him). It was Justin freaking Simons camp, thinking it would curtail his growth at .......... wait for it ........ POINT GUARD LOL!

I thought it was a mistake then, and obviously do now. Dorsey was the more polished prospect and could get buckets in a variety of ways. Simon was a project. A long-term one at that.

Miller was gunshy because he thought he saw some "not a good teammate, ball-hog, hero-ball" tendencies in Dorsey that reminded him of the red flags in Josiah's recruitment.

Ray Smith's camp didn't want to play with Dorsey as well. So in essence we dropped Dorsey and added Trier to appease two players who will have combined to play 180 minutes total of basketball at Arizona. Bad trade was a bad trade.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Things that would mean this thread didn't get bumped today:

-Zo's last three falls.
-Ray doesn't get injured.
-Ferguson is eligible.
-Simon stays and develops.
-Rawle doesn't break his finger.
-Zo, PJC, Lauri combine to make one or two more threes.
-Kobi hangs a bit tougher.
I bumped it because he's clutch. He he had two game winners vs Rhode island and Michigan. He was clutch last year too. Took over. He has that killer instinct when it's a big game in a big stage, that Trier does not have.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:And remember ...... it wasn't Trier that had the biggest problem w Dorsey (although he preferred not to have him). It was Justin freaking Simons camp, thinking it would curtail his growth at .......... wait for it ........ POINT GUARD LOL!

Ray Smith's camp didn't want to play with Dorsey as well. So in essence we dropped Dorsey and added Trier to appease two players who will have combined to play 180 minutes total of basketball at Arizona. Bad trade was a bad trade.
I've made a few bad trades myself, only with real money.

Seeing the future is such a bitch.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Yeah I knew that. And by all accounts Ray is a great kid and kids come back from ACLs all the time so I'm not gonna crush Miller or the Smith circle for his bad knees. But bottom line is Miller shouldn't try to appease "camps" because they don't like a guy. U recruit who u like for your team and if a kid or his ppl can't handle it then they are free to leave. But you don't let a kid dictate who u take unless it's a Lebron James type talent. We should have learned that by now w the PJC/Thornton and Dorsey/all the kids who didn't like him debacles.

This is Miller's team (as it should be). There is plenty of talent that will come to UA as long as he's here.