The Fart Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

The Fart Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Does this thread already exist? I didn't find it when searching. If it does exist someone point me to it and I'll delete this thread. thanks.

Anyhow.

Farting.

Everybody does it.

For example. I just farted. it was the kind of fart that, upon smelling, makes one wonder if a doctor visit might be needed.

It actually quite felt good to release it. I thought it was going to be a small fart and instead was quite long and gaseous. Not loud though, instead it was only mildly disturbing to the ear.

Then the smell wafted up to my nostrils and, well, I'm not going to lie here, I had to turn on a nearby fan to air out the space and save me from nasal misery.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Re: The Fart Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Also, did anyone grow up with parents/adults who made up interesting alternative descriptions/words for farts?

I remember an uncle who called them "poop chute toots" and would often shorten it to just "chute toot". E.g. "Woah, that was certainly a loud chute toot wasn't it!"
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Turns Out We've Been Listening To A Backstreet Boy's Fart This Whole Time

Yeah, well, not me actually, but some of you might know somebody who has been.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Donald Trump is our first "I'm going to keep releasing and make everyone on this airplane stew in it because only I matter" president.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Must be some interesting statistics on how much human gas is expelled each day globally and what is the impact of that not to mention all of the animals.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
beames

Post by beames »

With a potty-training two year old I've actually been grappling with this topic lately. I've been undecided on exactly how crass the word "fart" really is. Because I'd rather my daughter walk around telling strangers (and mother in law) that she has to "toot" when the inevitable happens, I find myself having to censor myself in uncertainty. Still the "fart" slips out from time to time as they are known to do! Anyway, just last night while reading a book about snakes to said daughter, I discovered yet another example of nature's majesty that made me feel a little better about the whole situation...

https://youtu.be/BD2StXY1qKg" target="_blank

Turns out defensive farting is common in the snake world, and I could never respect a biologist that labeled what a snake does as simply tooting. Tooting is what Mary Poppins does, not a king freaking cobra!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

One team of scientists now argues that the Strangled Balloon Animal fart doesn't exist.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I've never heard of the 'Swamp Ninja' but it kinda sounds like they needed a new name for the 'Silent But Deadly' for some reason.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.