Poor Long Beach State...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MountainCat

Poor Long Beach State...

Post by MountainCat »

... I bet they are thinking they have the edge now and have a good chance for a win at McKale Center, but it won't happen. I actually feel sorry for them.

Bad week and all, I have the feeling this team will start putting things together and take it out on the 49ers to start things off. I wonder what the starting lineup will be? Miller ought to put the bench warmers in just to heat thing up a bit. Don't tell them before tip-off, but put the 5 players that played best on defense intensity during practice this past week regardless of seniority, position, or popularity. Let the others get steamed for the first 5 minutes while sitting on the bench, then open the gates and let them go.

I know it's not that popular of a decision, but do something of that sort then watch them squirm and execute.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
UALoco

Re: Poor Long Beach State...

Post by UALoco »

I think we need to have a definite game plan going in and execute it. Anyone that varies from the plan is benched. Period. We need to win this game because the schedule gets tough really quick and these kids need to build up their confidence. UNLV will be tough in Vegas and TAMU is a Top 10 team. :cry:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

We're gonna be fine.

I'm coming around to getting donkey punched as the best thing that could have happened to uofa BB this early in the season.

If not, then we know we'll have some great pieces heading into next season when all he'll is supposed to break loose.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If there is one team that plays worse defense then we have shown, it would be LBSU. Hopefully we can outscore them at home
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Not tonight

Miller said Rawle Alkins is “right around the corner” from being cleared to play, but isn’t quite ready to return just yet.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ins-return" target="_blank
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The question is whether Arizona can compete against power conference teams away from McKale. What we’re watching against LBSU is whether Trier will turn on the defense switch and keep it on. We won’t get much useful information from watching PJC and Ristic. They’ll both thrive, which is meaningless for what to expect in upcoming games.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Longhorned wrote:The question is whether Arizona can compete against power conference teams away from McKale. What we’re watching against LBSU is whether Trier will turn on the defense switch and keep it on. We won’t get much useful information from watching PJC and Ristic. They’ll both thrive, which is meaningless for what to expect in upcoming games.
I'm much less concerned about Trier's defense than I am about Ayton's defense and offensive rebounding.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Longhorned wrote:The question is whether Arizona can compete against power conference teams away from McKale. What we’re watching against LBSU is whether Trier will turn on the defense switch and keep it on. We won’t get much useful information from watching PJC and Ristic. They’ll both thrive, which is meaningless for what to expect in upcoming games.
I'm much less concerned about Trier's defense than I am about Ayton's defense and offensive rebounding.
CSM is concerned about Trier's defense and that has me concerned.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I have always been concerned of Triers defense.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UALoco wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
CSM is concerned about Trier's defense and that has me concerned.
We all should be. Of the upperclassmen, he has the highest defensive potential. It would be nice to see him turn it up.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

trier can somewhat defend on the ball like rawle but off the ball defending is the biggest problem
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Consensus opening line at -23.5
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

This game will reinflate the players' egos, and may reinflate the expectations of some of the people on this board. We could win by 30 and I would still be skeptical of the prospects for this team in the A&M game.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yep. A&M is #1 in the RPI.

long beach state is 87, we are 201.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Trier can be an acceptable defender. He has shown it in flashes.

He just refuses to be that on a consistent level - which doesn't fit in Miller's system. Gosh damn it - why can't all players want to defend like guys like Allen, Gordon, NJ, RHJ, TJ, etc...
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yep. A&M is #1 in the RPI.

long beach state is 87, we are 201.
We gonna take an L tomorrow night?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Nah, I think we win. But like someone said even if it is convincing tomorrow night I don't necessarily feel better about A&M coming up...
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Nah, I think we win. But like someone said even if it is convincing tomorrow night I don't necessarily feel better about A&M coming up...
Yeah, A&M is probably going to wax Arizona.

But, back in the 2007-08 season in early December, A&M came to Tucson ranked #9 and took an L against KO's Wildcats.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Statfreak77 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Nah, I think we win. But like someone said even if it is convincing tomorrow night I don't necessarily feel better about A&M coming up...
Yeah, A&M is probably going to wax Arizona.

But, back in the 2007-08 season in early December, A&M came to Tucson ranked #9 and took an L against KO's Wildcats.
I think Arizona will win the A&M game because they will play emotionally and the crowd will be into it. I'm believing it will be an outlier win. If they don't at least compete it is going to be a long season.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's November and people are posting RPI's? Cool.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong