Unlucky

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Unlucky

Post by Olsondogg »

PHXCATS wrote:What is that famous quote? Something about the harder I work the luckier I get?
No, the quote is "the harder I try to change my persona to PHXCATS, the luckier we all are to know you are still Machina".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:What is that famous quote? Something about the harder I work the luckier I get?
A cliche is about the most insightful thing I would expect you to contribute to the board...

Hard work pays off, no doubt. And those who do not accept that lost outcomes in life are also heavily impacted by chance are doomed to a life of miserable delusion. You are a living example.
The quote I've heard that sounds like what PHXCATS was saying is:

"The luckier I got with your mom, the more she said 'harder.'"

I'm just not sure how that applies to Arizona basketball?
You can get a good look at luck by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass.....

No wait, it’s got to be your lucky bull.

Here's the way I see it, PHXCATS. If there’s a luck guarantee on a box it’s 'cause they want you to feel all warm and toasty inside. You figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Luck Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right PHXCATS?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Because they know all Machina sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality luck from me.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Humans are human...and there is a very real possibility some refs feel like we are cheaters because of the FBI thing.

I do not usually care to discuss ref mistakes unless it is in the endgame or fouls a player out with multiple bad (not questionable, fan-siding-with-team) calls. Because it is a loser's lament.

But Ed Rush DID happen. Because...humans. He was mad at Sean Miller for coming into the Conference of PoorOfficiatingAcrossTheBoard and pointing it out.

You telling me there aren't refs who see Oregon State or Colorado as "virtuous" against us? Most will do their job. But mindset goes a long way in affecting perception. I don't think we have been targets before, outside of Ed T and maybe some fall out with his boys. In fact, I think we got most of the calls in McKale, and the refs were probably a little afraid of doing something big after Vegas.

But I firmly believe in that "well, they cheat" mentality pervading refs. We all kind of do it if we are in a position to judge someone or something we feel plays outside the rules against the "little" guy.

If anything is in play for us to be "unlucky" this year...that is it.

And, let's face it...this team misses Book. They miss the clown, the buddy, Uncle Book with the chest bump and the "you the MAN" positivity at every time out. They are tight. Sean is Sean...he can't stop being Sean. He has gotten here by being Sean. But he needs a Book, a balance. We are missing that. LoRo doesn't seem like someone to BS with...unless it is about God.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

:idea: Only ranked team to win away from home tonight. Of those ranked teams, I would have only been less surprised at a loss out of maybe Cincy than us. Maybe we aren't the only unlucky ones.

According to kenpom, we are the 112th luckiest team mn
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.