BDW Football Ticket Giveaway - Official Rules

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

BDW Football Ticket Giveaway - Official Rules

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Welcome to BearDownWildcats.com 1st Football Ticket Giveaway!

The Prize:
2 tickets to a University of Arizona Football home game in the 2018 season (each winner will receive 2 tickets to one game, for a total of 14 tickets given away over the 7 game home schedule).

Thanks go to:
A Very Generous Anonymous Donor

How to Enter & The Rules:
Prior to each home game an official ticket giveaway thread will be created. You will need to post, into that thread, your analysis. Analysis of what exactly? Well, for the first game, it's going to be a pre-game (or pre-season, or both, your choice) analysis of the BYU game. So you can write up whatever you want to (whether it's just a team vs team analysis, or an overarching season analysis, or something with both parts) and you post it into the thread by the deadline. For subsequent games the submission can be a review of the most recent game, or a preview of the upcoming game, or both....you get the idea here.

A panel of 3 BDW judges will decide on the best submission, and the winner gets the tickets.

Wait a minute though, when is the deadline you're wondering? For the BYU game it will be 7 days before the game. So Saturday, August 25th, by 11:59 pm (Tucson Time, a.k.a. MST). The winner will be chosen the following day, and then contacted for a mailing address. Tickets will be mailed out either the monday (if they get the address back to me in time) or tuesday (if for example they dont get me their address until monday night). This should allow plenty of time for delivery. For subsequent home games the deadlines will, generally speaking be the Saturday prior to game day (if the previous game was an away game) or the Sunday prior to game day (if the previous game was a home game) to allow time for judging, getting addresses, and mail delivery. So you'll always have at least a day (well ok, maybe slightly less if a game ends at 2am or something) to submit your write up but in most cases you'll have longer as we dont have a ton of back-to-back home games. Don't worry though, each submission thread will clearly display the deadlines. **You may edit your post at any time you like, up UNTIL the deadline. After the deadline has passed, no more edits!

No purchase is necessary to enter (seriously though, we don't sell anything, so you couldn't buy anything even if you wanted) and bribing will get you nowhere so don't waste your money that way.

We're aiming for no repeat-winners, but having said that, you shouldn't stop yourself from submitting each week. Who knows, maybe there wont be any other submissions and you'll repeat-win by default? Plus, if you submit each time then it gives us more great perspectives to read.

No winning and then selling the tickets, it's just not cool. If you win the tickets and can't go, give them away, or ask me to give them away for you, as there is always a person out there who would love some free tickets. If you're an out-of-towner and want to enter, feel free, you can have tickets mailed to someone local or something else can be arranged.

I think that's about it for that part.

Now for the slightly legal-ish part as I'm not a lawyer, but I guess something along the lines of the following is necessary:
By entering a submission into this contest you are giving consent to BDW to use the submission however we want (In the blog section basically, but maybe front page?, etc). Yes, we will credit you as the author regardless of wherever/however we use it.

I'm not an IRS expert either, but any taxes that you incur from winning game tickets are your responsibility.

If you win, you will need to provide your mailing address for ticket delivery if you are claiming them. If you want them to go to someone else then that person's address will be needed obviously. If you choose to donate them then that will be handled at BDW's discretion (if you want more details on that you can contact me).
BDW judges are not eligible to win (but should still feel free to post their own analyses as it will give us all more great perspectives to read). Yeah, I know, it makes me sad too :*(

I think that's about it, except: Here's to a great season, and a great giveaway!

Note: These rules are subject to any changes that might become necessary, but this post will always contain the up-to-date rules.

Winners List:
BYU Tickets = PHXCATS (Chose to have tickets donated!)
S. Utah Tickets = ArizonaBearDown (Chose to have tickets donated!)
USC Tickets = WildcatStunner (Chose to have tickets donated!)
California Tickets = dmjcat (Chose to have tickets donated!)
Oregon Tickets = ArizonaBearDown
Colorado Tickets = ArizonaBearDown
ASsU Tickets = ArizonaBearDown
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Re: BDW Football Ticket Giveaway - Official Rules

Post by PieceOfMeat »

If I've omitted anything you're curious about, please do ask questions so that I can clarify. I've no doubt that I've probably overlooked something as this is the first time I've arranged something exactly like this lol.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Dare I ask who the panel is?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:Dare I ask who the panel is?
It's Machina. I like your chances.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:
It's Machina. I like your chances.
I had a sneaking suspicion :lol:
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Thank you very much to our anonymous donor! Good luck everyone. :D
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It is pretty funny that I knew it was Machina right off the bat. Good on him for being so generous. (i do feel like this is some kind of good fan test for him though).
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

scumdevils86 wrote:It is pretty funny that I knew it was Machina right off the bat. Good on him for being so generous. (i do feel like this is some kind of good fan test for him though).
I don't think he is actually the donor.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:It is pretty funny that I knew it was Machina right off the bat. Good on him for being so generous. (i do feel like this is some kind of good fan test for him though).
Then I take back anything good i ever said about machina. :lol: I do like the idea though. Should be fun.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Then I take back anything good i ever said about machina. :lol: I do like the idea though. Should be fun.
FYI the rent check for all the space I own in your head is on its way
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

It isn't finalized yet, but I'll be on it at the very least. Or that's the current plan, barring any unforseen circumstances.

As for the donor, since they've chosen to remain anonymous, I won't comment on any speculation regarding it.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
It isn't finalized yet, but I'll be on it at the very least. Or that's the current plan, barring any unforseen circumstances.

As for the donor, since they've chosen to remain anonymous, so I won't comment on any speculation regarding it.
Well then I’m screwed.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

As for the donor, since they've chosen to remain anonymous, so I won't comment on any speculation regarding it.
Well then I’m screwed.
Let it go man. You'll be better off for it.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Submissions are judged entirely by their content, and not by the name of the submitter

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Percy and DevilsWin99 are your other two judges.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Judges thus far: PieceOfMeat, Chicat

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Percy and DevilsWin99 are your other two judges.
Maybe we should invite jessiewildcat to the board while we're at it

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Complete 3 person panel (judges): PieceOfMeat, Chicat, Alieberman