Eller College

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catinfl

Eller College

Post by catinfl »

Was curious who went there and how was it? I'm going to apply for it once I transfer hopefully and want to see you guys opinion on it.
Reydituto

Re: Eller College

Post by Reydituto »

ELLER!!!

Sorry, just making an old TOS joke.

Did not attend, but know many who went through it and had generally positive reviews of their experience. Good luck to you.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
gumby

Post by gumby »

I know Scott Eller, so yeah.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Do they offer a degree in economics? Otherwise, Business is an awful undergraduate major. So are other professional degrees, like Architecture. Better to study the sciences or humanities and do a graduate professional degree after.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:Do they offer a degree in economics? Otherwise, Business is an awful undergraduate major. So are other professional degrees, like Architecture. Better to study the sciences or humanities and do a graduate professional degree after.
Yeah, my buddy got a Business degree, but he didn't have those preordained jobs lined up at Coldwell Banker and the like (seemed half the people I knew in college were already set up in some commercial real estate job just as soon as they got the sheepskins).

So he got an Accounting degree, passed the CPA test and is doing very well. Started a tax business after doing grunt work at a Big Eight firm (yes, kids, there used to be eight).

Just read something recently that grads with business degrees were more likely to be bored at work. Here it it is.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/business ... 1412222464
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Also bored while still in college. My friends who majored in business had horrible grades. Turned out that the material was too boring to study. I still find that to be the case with students. You can major in anything that interests you, and study business later when you have a way to explore your curiosities. Also helpful for conversations, which are important in the business world.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

The plan is to double major in Marketing and Communications and minor in sports management. Eller actually has a certificate program for sports management and I was talking to one of the guys and he said that last year the Suns hired 17 Eller graduates.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

catinfl wrote:The plan is to double major in Marketing and Communications and minor in sports management. Eller actually has a certificate program for sports management and I was talking to one of the guys and he said that last year the Suns hired 17 Eller graduates.
Some of us remember uastacy, who did an M.S. in sports management at Northwestern and had good things to say about that program.