(M) Game 1, Arizona vs NAU (2019-2020)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ByJoveByJingle

Re: (M) Game 1, Arizona vs NAU (2019-2020)

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Koloko-mania!!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Only game this season where they pull the stars with 5 minutes left in the game.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Is Lee going to see the floor by the end of the year?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Koloko is not a project - he's a PROBLEM
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

There's Gettings giving up a bucket at the three - tough for him to keep up with a quick SF and cover ground against that little step back
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

been watching in another room, but had to get to a pc to post:

can someone please tell the fans in the stands to stop chanting U of A .... we're UArizona damnit!

:lol:

sorry couldn't resist
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

YoDeFoe wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Hope we see more Koloko as the season goes on. Jeter doesn't add much besides taking charges.
Jeter is efficient in the post and rebounds well... my main concern with him is that he slows the offense down once he receives it in the post. Totally fine from time to time but playing through him was a concern of mine from the Chico St game and I'm glad to see us playing with more fluidity and pace.
Koloko is better at both. Taller and longer arms. Also runs a lot faster in transition and plays better defense.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TatetheGreat wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Hope we see more Koloko as the season goes on. Jeter doesn't add much besides taking charges.
Jeter is efficient in the post and rebounds well... my main concern with him is that he slows the offense down once he receives it in the post. Totally fine from time to time but playing through him was a concern of mine from the Chico St game and I'm glad to see us playing with more fluidity and pace.
Koloko is better at both. Taller and longer arms. Also runs a lot faster in transition and plays better defense.
Let's not go crazy about Koloko. He looks better than I expected, but doesn't compare to Jeter on D. His lateral movement and rotation isn't being tested.

They're at 30% FG and 29% 3FG. That's a good sign for a youngish team.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

TatetheGreat wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
I mean we've seen like three minutes of Koloko - it's impossible to say with certainty that he's a more efficient post scorer and rebounder than Chase - who was top ten in offensive efficiency, true shooting %, and rebounding % in the conf last season.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

So Nichols St took Illinois to OT last night.
Things that make you go hmmmm
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Come on, I want to see a c note here.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Matt stealing my tag line. :?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I don't think Koloko shooting 3's is in the game plan. He needs to be better at boxing out too. That's twice in a row he let someone slide behind him with no body.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Lee and Hazzard out there with the walk-ons. End of the rotation guys right now.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:So Nichols St took Illinois to OT last night.
Things that make you go hmmmm
They're going to test our perimeter defense and they have a monster inside in Kofi Cockburn but yeah, not a great start for them. Let's see if they look like the top 50 team they're billed to be (some offering them as a top 25) against GCU on Friday.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:Lee and Hazzard out there with the walk-ons. End of the rotation guys right now.
We'll wind up giving Lee more minutes than Hazzard. I think Baker might have eliminated Hazzard's role in important games.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

That was fun. Let's kick even more ass on Sunday. :twisted:
PieceOfMeat wrote:been watching in another room, but had to get to a pc to post:

can someone please tell the fans in the stands to stop chanting U of A .... we're UArizona damnit!

sorry couldn't resist
If anyone tries to chant "UArizona", they need to be kicked out.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Nice to see the season finally underway. Absolutely meaningless game but nice to see the new players in action. Interested to see what we can do against a team with a pulse.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AZCatGirl wrote:That was fun. Let's kick even more ass on Sunday. :twisted:
PieceOfMeat wrote:been watching in another room, but had to get to a pc to post:

sorry couldn't resist
If anyone tries to chant "UArizona", they need to be kicked out.
:lol: i agree
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

YoDeFoe wrote:Baker / Hazzard / Gettings is such a higher second unit floor than we've had in a looooong time
This.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

zonagrad wrote:Lots of options. We may have very different lineups depending on matchups and opponents. What works vs. Oregon may not work vs. UW. But Miller has options, which is awesome. Getting a might get 6 minutes against Oregon and play 25 against the UW zone.

Appears
to be an embarrassment of riches.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law