The 2021-2022 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: The 2021-2022 Season Thread

Post by EastCoastCat »

Fuck everyone who thinks that. How fucked was it on the phony Schlabach report? Nobody was giving a shit about that right?

I love having a "me, against the world" mentality.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Are those the same cheerleaders that stood in front Arizona bench in the path to the tunnel to the locker rooms?

They kept showing every player almost running over them to get through. They wouldn’t move. They did that at halftime too.

They stood in the way, even after they loss. Maybe they should have been consoling the TCU players after the loss instead of our coaching staff having too. At the same time, Jamie Dixon was too busy complaining about the the non fouls back in regulation, to talk to his players.

Is it that hard to believe that a western school can win one of these games?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:44 am
Catintheheat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:25 am Because of the lack of sportsmanship, or perceived lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game, my guess is Arizona is going to be the most hated team in the country.
Also, what is this story about Mathurin touching a TCU cheerleader? I didn’t see it, but I’m assuming it was an accident. An accident over which every Texan will be clutching their pearls, I’m sure.
She was just trying to get close to greatness. We all know our team is full of serial rapist as evidenced by their 33 victories.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

How can anybody say our guys acted inappropriately when Lloyd tried very hard to console Lampkin afyer the game who was extremely emotional and upset? Please show a clip of that.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Siempre Verde wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:44 am
Catintheheat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:25 am Because of the lack of sportsmanship, or perceived lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game, my guess is Arizona is going to be the most hated team in the country.
Also, what is this story about Mathurin touching a TCU cheerleader? I didn’t see it, but I’m assuming it was an accident. An accident over which every Texan will be clutching their pearls, I’m sure.
The angle does him no favors imo
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

This is complete bullshit.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And here we go...

I like the response comment "She was an imposter. If she was really TCU, she would have kicked her legs out or flopped."
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Frogman with a bit of closet racism in his post.

Par for the course for a Texas lawyer.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

That frogman dude is a piece of work. He acts like someone owes him something. He was picking on Kerr too. A grown ass man picking on a 19 or 20 year old. Fuck him
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Interesting turn in this thread.

It was an accident. Benn is a good guy.

Bear down and beat the Cougs!
TheCatInTheHat

TCU Sucks

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I gotta say, I wake up this morning happy at moving on to the Sweet Sixteen, and there's all this garbage going on.

First, the talentless clown at the Republic scours the internet to find a criticism of Arizona. He finds it on some rabid TCU fanboy site. Gee, no shit. They want the nation's flags lowered to half-staff to join in their mourning, and if we dare celebrate a crazy win and going to the Sweet Sixteen after all the crap we've been through, that's wrong in their brainwashed little minds. And that goes into a purported newspaper? If an asshole like that ever dares call himself a "journalist", he should get punched in the teeth by a real one.

Then, there's Boobgate. Benn was waving and acknowledging our crowd as he danced off the court through the gauntlet of TCU cheerleaders, who shouldn't have been allowed to block the way. Take a close look at Benn sometime. Decent looking chap in phenomenal condition. He gets it all day, every day, in any way he wants it, long before making millions in the NBA. Do you think he gives a shit about accidentally brushing a fingertip against the B-cup of a big-haired Dallas girl wearing kabuki makeup and sweaty nylons?

And Jamie Dixon in the postgame, whining about the refs after he worked them all game and we got pushed and grabbed and bumped on damn near every shot or rebound in the paint. Yeah, there are now "millions" more TCU fans now. Only they averaged 6,000 fans in an 8,500 seat arena. In your dreams, "Fort Dixon", just like you think that weird white skunk streak covers up your bald spot. Millions more people saw that than are ever going to be Horned Frogs fans.

This whole thing smells like that football win over Iowa in 2010. After losing, the Iowa fans got their "revenge", posting phone video on the internet of angry little old ladies' reactions after they shoved their way past. So, TCU, you lost to a 1-seed. Fly home to crappy Fort Worth and cry like babies all week. No more scheduling games with those fucks in any sport, as far as I'm concerned.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The idea that he was walking off the court and despite knowing there were multiple cameras on him and thousands of people watching in person, he decided that was the optimal moment for a titty squeeze is pretty fucking hilarious.

The idea that upon being sexually assaulted, this young lady stood there utterly still, with no flinch, grimace, yelling, crying, or even a look of shock on her face is equally hilarious.

TCU fans want to be big mad. I get it. Their team lost. But they really need to quit making shit up. The NCAA is not going to give the win to the Horned Frogs because you slowed a bad angle video down and posted it to Twitter. Grow up losers.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

when you get nuts dangled in your face its hard not to be put off.... i can see why Lampkin was so offended
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:49 am
The idea that he was walking off the court and despite knowing there were multiple cameras on him and thousands of people watching in person, he decided that was the optimal moment for a titty squeeze is pretty fucking hilarious.
And that he thought to raise his right hand as well as some kind of art of distraction ploy. Like he had some premeditation and thought "biggest moment of my life so I'm going to go touch a cheerleaders boob on National Television. I deserve it. But there is risk there. I need plausible deniability. Technique is everything. Aha, I know what I'll do. I'll raise my right hand for a high five as well."

It's lunacy but the TCU fans are really upset so they're going scorched earth.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

There must be a lot of disappointed wives in the TCU fandom if they consider that a boob squeeze. Someone needs to give those losers a lesson in foreplay.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hard to tell for me. It looks like he opens both arms and I can't see if he actually makes contact with her.

The flip side is you shouldn't leave yourself in a gray area like that. If he did make contact, even if he doesn't mean to grope her...she wouldn't know that.

Bottom line for me, this isn't something something to handle via Twitter or message boards. The cheerleader and Benn know if he actually made contact. If there's something that needs to be made right here, I would hope Arizona and Benn handle it the correct way.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:04 am Bottom line for me, this isn't something something to handle via Twitter or message boards. The cheerleader and Benn know if he actually made contact. If there's something that needs to be made right here, I would hope Arizona and Benn handle it the correct way.
There’s nothing to be made right here. I’m 99% sure there was no contact.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:13 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:04 am Bottom line for me, this isn't something something to handle via Twitter or message boards. The cheerleader and Benn know if he actually made contact. If there's something that needs to be made right here, I would hope Arizona and Benn handle it the correct way.
Same, it was just the camera angle. Once other videos come out, there won't be any contact.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

He does make contact, you can see her top go slightly down looked accidental
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:30 am He does make contact, you can see her top go slightly down looked accidental
I'm sure half the TCU fanbase is going over this video as if its the Zapruder film.

Bottom line he barely touched her, if at all, and it was clearly incidental contact if he did.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:30 am He does make contact, you can see her top go slightly down looked accidental
Why doesn’t she flinch?
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

It appears he barely contacted the middle of her chest with his fingers when you slow down video. You can see her outfit move slightly. Definitely not a boob grab and certainly not intentional. Fucking horseshit narrative. Also, why are Cheerleaders blocking exit? I have never seen Cheerleaders allow about 2 feet of room to exit into a tunnel. Wtf was that?

Also anybody complaining about the officiating should check out the Lampkin rebound and put back and 1 late in regulation. Pay careful attention to Pelle Larsson getting ragdolled out of rebound positioning in the background. Or how about the technical that wasn't called for hanging on the rim? Or the TCU player that appeared to kick out his foot on Kiers 2nd foul on a 3 pointer. Fuck those arguments.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Definitely looks incidental.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Eh, I think you can still say, sorry if I got close enough and it made you uncomfortable.

I mean, there's leeway for an accident in a situation where he's excited, but you can still apologize if this girl was weirded out. Those sprt of middle grounds exist, where you apologize for an accident that ultimately isn't that bad.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Why the fuck are they still cheering? They lost - get off the court.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:44 am
Eh, I think you can still say, sorry if I got close enough and it made you uncomfortable.

I mean, there's leeway for an accident in a situation where he's excited, but you can still apologize if this girl was weirded out. Those sprt of middle grounds exist, where you apologize for an accident that ultimately isn't that bad.
Is there any indication the cheerleader was "weirded out"? This is all made up Twitter outrage bullshit.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

He touched the boob.....He touched the boob.....He touched the boob.....He touched the boob.....
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

This is ridiculous. How is this really an issue? And why were the cheerleaders blocking his exit to begin with? This is a silly reach by triggered TCU fans.

Hey TCU fans: get over it, you lost.

Never complain about the refs when you had chances to win the game, especially since it went into overtime (i.e. UNC vs. Baylor.).

It never gets old. TCU fans complaining when they were doing WWE Smackdown the entire game. Pot. Kettle.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Lmao at all the whining.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

"Yeah but look how she's dressed in that short skirt and vamping all over the place trying to draw public attention."

~ Typical Texan
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yea enough with boob gate, non issue. Didn’t even see contact.

I am wondering though for any that was there, the interaction between some of our players (Kerr mostly) and their fans going off the floor.

Lots of info about how we put up our hands in some display of disrespect to their fans? Did we do that and if so were their fans brutal on our guys?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:06 am Yea enough with boob gate, non issue. Didn’t even see contact.

I am wondering though for any that was there, the interaction between some of our players (Kerr mostly) and their fans going off the floor.

Lots of info about how we put up our hands in some display of disrespect to their fans? Did we do that and if so were their fans brutal on our guys?
Their fans were chanting “overrated” at Benedict when shooting FTs earlier in the game. Tells ya everything you need to know.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:45 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:44 am

Is there any indication the cheerleader was "weirded out"? This is all made up Twitter outrage bullshit.
That's why I said "If" there is something to be made right.

If he didn't make contact and she wasn't bothered, there's nothing to make right. My point is more that you can make someone uncomfortable and apologize for doing so without being a criminal or confessing wrongdoing.

That's also why I said I hope it's handled offline and not via Twitter or message boards. You're not going to figure out whether or not he actually touched her or made her uncomfortable via online posts.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Well, somebody got what they wanted.

Rather than the story being about how Arizona's dynamic team with a rookie coach overcame an injury to a starter to get to the Sweet Sixteen, while TCU overachieved in the tournament after a mediocre regular season before returning to obscurity, the narrative was hijacked. Boo-hoo; look at all the sad-faced TCU fans in various shades of purple and lavender. Look how unfair the officiating was to them; people world-wide are so sympathetic, they're now frogs for life. And Arizona players whooped it up, instead of somberly walking off the floor...which is what's always supposed to happen when somebody beats TCU. And there may even have been...inappropriate touching! Yes, I'm sure Benn's fingertip is pretty happy now, having lightly brushed against layers of stiff cheerleader uniform over a bulletproof sports bra for a nanosecond. So if TCU people are unhappy, they're going to try to drag the object of their pain down with them.

Oh yeah, and somebody's crappy fan site got lots of hits.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Wow. Now that I’ve seen the video…as a woman I’ll say a few things. This is much ado about nothing. If he touched her she’d have at least flinched. Trust me on that. Moreover, when the hell did Texans start giving a rats a$$ about women?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sexual assault is a serious matter. At the expense of real victims, you have people on twitter exploiting sexual assault to try to get revenge on a player who beat your team on the court?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 pm Sexual assault is a serious matter. At the expense of real victims, you have people on twitter exploiting sexual assault to try to get revenge on a player who beat your team on the court?
Well fucking put LH. For the life of me I can't understand why some people don't get the bigger picture.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am Well, somebody got what they wanted.

Rather than the story being about how Arizona's dynamic team with a rookie coach overcame an injury to a starter to get to the Sweet Sixteen, while TCU overachieved in the tournament after a mediocre regular season before returning to obscurity, the narrative was hijacked. Boo-hoo; look at all the sad-faced TCU fans in various shades of purple and lavender. Look how unfair the officiating was to them; people world-wide are so sympathetic, they're now frogs for life. And Arizona players whooped it up, instead of somberly walking off the floor...which is what's always supposed to happen when somebody beats TCU. And there may even have been...inappropriate touching! Yes, I'm sure Benn's fingertip is pretty happy now, having lightly brushed against layers of stiff cheerleader uniform over a bulletproof sports bra for a nanosecond. So if TCU people are unhappy, they're going to try to drag the object of their pain down with them.

Oh yeah, and somebody's crappy fan site got lots of hits.
they can fucking eat a bag o DICKS
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 pm Sexual assault is a serious matter. At the expense of real victims, you have people on twitter exploiting sexual assault to try to get revenge on a player who beat your team on the court?
Yeah, whether anything happened or not, this is not something that needs to be Twitter based.

I can't tell 100% what happened from the video, but these sort of allegations are much more serious on both ends than just some Twitter discussion.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Back to the topic of the 2021-2022 season, am I the only one here unable to stop reveling in how our players saved us from the maw of defeat last night?

Before the tourney started, I resisted asking you all whether you were emotionally ready to face being down with under 60 seconds in regulation.

I wasn't. Last night, when there were 2+ minutes to go in regulation, the feeling of being on the short end of the stick was downright toxic.

Being down 3 on our final offensive possession of the game, I had visions of TCU grabbing that rebound, getting fouled, and heading toward the free throw line while Lamkin spun around punching at gnats.

But Benn Mathurin was just, "Let me shake two defenders and do my Michelangelo Sistine Ceiling Adam as the ball arcs across the heavens and swishes in that net like it does every time my team needs a bucket."

On basketball message board discussions, nothing stresses me out more than talking about needing a bucket in crunch time in the tourney. All I can do is hope that, somehow, that won't happen. Somehow, we'll have every game put away before crunch time on our prancersising toward the Final Four.

We have that guy who takes that shot. We're not dead today.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:43 pm Back to the topic of the 2021-2022 season, am I the only one here unable to stop reveling in how our players saved us from the maw of defeat last night?

Before the tourney started, I resisted asking you all whether you were emotionally ready to face being down with under 60 seconds in regulation.

I wasn't. Last night, when there were 2+ minutes to go in regulation, the feeling of being on the short end of the stick was downright toxic.

Being down 3 on our final offensive possession of the game, I had visions of TCU grabbing that rebound, getting fouled, and heading toward the free throw line while Lamkin spun around punching at gnats.

But Benn Mathurin was just, "Let me shake two defenders and do my Michelangelo Sistine Ceiling Adam as the ball arcs across the heavens and swishes in that net like it does every time my team needs a bucket."

On basketball message board discussions, nothing stresses me out more than talking about needing a bucket in crunch time in the tourney. All I can do is hope that, somehow, that won't happen. Somehow, we'll have every game put away before crunch time on our prancersising toward the Final Four.

We have that guy who takes that shot. We're not dead today.
*chills*
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Twitter has been a fun 15 hours.

I had retired from sports, I was out. I was clear. I didn’t watch anything from mid-September through mid-February.

But I’m full on relapse right now.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

JMarkJohns wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:54 pm Twitter has been a fun 15 hours.

I had retired from sports, I was out. I was clear. I didn’t watch anything from mid-September through mid-February.

But I’m full on relapse right now.
oh ya drugs......gotta have drugs
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I was mentally preparing myself for the end of the season, already mentally crafting my post in this thread eulogizing this team and this amazing run they’ve been on.

But then Benn Mathurin and Christian Koloko told me to shut the fuck up with that loser talk because WE ARE NOT DONE YET!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm still amazed we won with Zu in the Twilight Zone, Kriisa in the Demilitarized Zone, and Kier in the Halfway House.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Great post LH

I was screaming all game long… up until the last few minutes of the game as we went into a scoring slump and TCU took the lead.2 minutes left I knew our season was over and I did not know how to react… I was just standing in silence…. Even down by 3 with the ball I knew how this was going to end… we had shot so miserably from 3… we weren’t going to suddenly turn that around…. and then it happened… the thing that doesn’t happen seem to ever happen for my sports teams… the hero of my team made actually made the shot.

BTFD
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I have so much to say and not enough energy to say it, so I’ll just say fuck TCU and their fans.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I didn’t even know tcu basketball had fans until they lost last night.