Sounds funny but...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RockyRaccoon

Sounds funny but...

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Arizona didn't play bad defense tonight.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Main Event

Re: Sounds funny but...

Post by Main Event »

Considering they were on the field the entire game I can somewhat agree
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

640 yards.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Best it could do with the offense not being able to generate a first down to save its life.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Merkin wrote:640 yards.
They were going up against the Heisman winner/first overall pick and Oregon had almost 100 plays.

The 3-3-5 is still the defense to stop spread teams.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

catgrad97 wrote:Best it could do with the offense not being able to generate a first down to save its life.
Yup. The D kept us in it for as long as they could, with the special teams and O shitting all over themselves. Then the D got gassed and got trucked.

Not going to fault the D in tonight's game.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Best it could do with the offense not being able to generate a first down to save its life.
Yup. The D kept us in it for as long as they could, with the special teams and O shitting all over themselves. Then the D got gassed and got trucked.

Dis and Dat.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Oregon ran 57 plays in the first half. 57!! Anu was clearly hurt, and has been for a month. The offense got nothing going, and the defense paid the price. They were worn out. When that happens against Oregon, you get what we got.

Proud of this team! Great job all year, guys!

Go Cats!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

This game is pretty much on the O and offensive coaching, but I didn't see the same defense you guys saw.

Was the defense already gassed in the 1Q when Oregon had this many plays in their drives?

How many times was Mariotta sacked? How many tackles for losses did the D have? How many times did Mariotta have to hurry his passes? How many 3rd and longs did the Cats' D give up? Oregon hurt themselves more by getting all those 1 half penalties, along with Mariotta missing a few wide open receivers.

Props to the defense for playing hard, but they were run all over the field from the start.

Very nice red box stops though in the beginning. But like we all can agree, the offense did them no favors.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Replay of the 2012 game. Defense kept it to 13-0 at half then got tired and trucked.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

This game is pretty much on the O and offensive coaching, but I didn't see the same defense you guys saw.

Was the defense already gassed in the 1Q when Oregon had this many plays in their drives?

How many times was Mariotta sacked? How many tackles for losses did the D have? How many times did Mariotta have to hurry his passes? How many 3rd and longs did the Cats' D give up? Oregon hurt themselves more by getting all those 1 half penalties, along with Mariotta missing a few wide open receivers.

Props to the defense for playing hard, but they were run all over the field from the start.

Very nice red box stops though in the beginning. But like we all can agree, the offense did them no favors.
Good post. The tackling appeared to regress to early in the season level too.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

The D will give up yards and, to good teams, first downs. It's designed to keep them out of the endzone, which it did great at the beginning.

I really don't give two squirts how many plays Oregon's first quarter drives had, I care that they had 6 points after the first quarter. If the O was even partially alive, the game might go a bit differently since the D wouldn't be out there for the entire first half.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Those guys were too tired to tackle Freeman by the end of the first half. Freeman is a big, powerful dude and the Cats were just flat gassed. Oregon had around 22 minutes TOP in the first half. If the offense gets a couple of drives and some points in the first half, which gets the D off the field and gets them a cushion to work with, this is a much different game and would have Oregon feeling some heat in the second half. They held the Ducks to 6 points in their first few drives and the offense helped them out absolutely zilch. Ain't the defense's fault.