2014 Non Conf Game Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: 2014 Non Conf Game Discussion

Post by 3goggles »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Name me one other team who would have 2 wins over a top 4 playoff team. I think that a team that is a missed Fg from 1 loss and has no bad losses will be in the mix.

Frankly I think TCU and Baylor should be out (can't win your conference but you should play for the natty). That would bring great relevence to the reg i lar season and the committee could send a strong message.

So for me the participants would be the SEC champ (Bama), PAC champ(AZ or Oregon), Florida St as a 4 seed due to a weak conference and Ohio St or Baylor, flip a coin but I would take Baylor due to there win over TCU (OSU has a bad loss at home)
49, good stuff,

I know deep down inside in my heart of hearts that even if we did manage to beat the Ducks for a second time this year we would still likely be left out in the cold.

But our resume is very impressive to say the least and the PAC 12 South is rightfully considered the best top to bottom group of teams in the nation.

If we do beat Oregon in the championship game we would be.

PAC 12 Conference Champions at (11-2) and a top 8-10 national ranking.
Wins over top 25 teams:
@ #2 Oregon
#2 Oregon Again (Neutral Site)
#13 ASSU
@ #17 Utah

And two losses and 9 points away from being undefeated at the hands of two other top 25 ranked teams at that time.

Everyone might as well get ready now for the talking heads, prognosticators and game broadcasters biases. It will be so thick you will be able to cut it with a knife. You know everyone is going to be all over Oregon’s jock. The Cats won’t get an ounce of respect leading up to the game or even game day itself. It will be Oregon, Oregon and more Oregon. I actually think that plays in our favor……………..still no one believes in the Cats for the most part.

Its just rinse and repeat over and over. I hope the team takes it to heart. I can’t even imagine what it will be like if we do beat Oregon again, but I do know that the BS excuses that’s been run all year by the rationalizing media and talking heads concerning our winning would come to an abrupt and quick thud of silence.
You know the talking heads will only talk about the Hill Mary and how Washington should have taken a knee to run out the clock for the win.

That's the problem.
They can't use that because all of FSU wins are games they could've lost. If bama losses and we beat a then #1 ducks #2 ducks and a ranked assu and Utah. That should be enough to get the 4 spot.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:Debs what do you think about if Missouri beats Bama? Two loss but they've got a lot of ground to make up and a really bad loss. (Don't think there's any way that happens, especially if Alabama loses tonight, but interesting thought)
Yeah, they might get left out. Would be very interesting to see because ESPN and the SEC honks would lose their minds.
there's no chance it happens, but if the SEC got left out, they and espn would lose their shit. it would be nothing but day after day of coverage on how the sec got cheated :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

hey auburn, feel free to catch those touchdown passes. sheesh.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:hey auburn, feel free to catch those touchdown passes. sheesh.
No shit brah!!!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Wow, ESPN is actually entertaining the idea of an SEC free playoff!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:hey auburn, feel free to catch those touchdown passes. sheesh.
and maybe put a guy on the All-American receiver from Bama
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

AZCatGirl wrote:Wow, ESPN is actually entertaining the idea of an SEC free playoff!
That's a reverse jinx for Bama right there
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
and maybe put a guy on the All-American receiver from Bama
yeah no kiddin.

auburn is toast

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

prh wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:Wow, ESPN is actually entertaining the idea of an SEC free playoff!
That's a reverse jinx for Bama right there
Yep, and it did it's job. Sigh.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

aaaaand auburn is done.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Apparently Nick Marshall has never heard "don't throw it late over the middle".
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:aaaaand auburn is done.

zero chance
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Apparently Nick Marshall has never heard "don't throw it late over the middle".
Threw it across his body too. It was like the Brett Favre unholy trifecta of suckitude.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

3goggles wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Name me one other team who would have 2 wins over a top 4 playoff team. I think that a team that is a missed Fg from 1 loss and has no bad losses will be in the mix.

Frankly I think TCU and Baylor should be out (can't win your conference but you should play for the natty). That would bring great relevence to the reg i lar season and the committee could send a strong message.

So for me the participants would be the SEC champ (Bama), PAC champ(AZ or Oregon), Florida St as a 4 seed due to a weak conference and Ohio St or Baylor, flip a coin but I would take Baylor due to there win over TCU (OSU has a bad loss at home)
49, good stuff,

I know deep down inside in my heart of hearts that even if we did manage to beat the Ducks for a second time this year we would still likely be left out in the cold.

But our resume is very impressive to say the least and the PAC 12 South is rightfully considered the best top to bottom group of teams in the nation.

If we do beat Oregon in the championship game we would be.

PAC 12 Conference Champions at (11-2) and a top 8-10 national ranking.
Wins over top 25 teams:
@ #2 Oregon
#2 Oregon Again (Neutral Site)
#13 ASSU
@ #17 Utah

And two losses and 9 points away from being undefeated at the hands of two other top 25 ranked teams at that time.

Everyone might as well get ready now for the talking heads, prognosticators and game broadcasters biases. It will be so thick you will be able to cut it with a knife. You know everyone is going to be all over Oregon’s jock. The Cats won’t get an ounce of respect leading up to the game or even game day itself. It will be Oregon, Oregon and more Oregon. I actually think that plays in our favor……………..still no one believes in the Cats for the most part.

Its just rinse and repeat over and over. I hope the team takes it to heart. I can’t even imagine what it will be like if we do beat Oregon again, but I do know that the BS excuses that’s been run all year by the rationalizing media and talking heads concerning our winning would come to an abrupt and quick thud of silence.
You know the talking heads will only talk about the Hill Mary and how Washington should have taken a knee to run out the clock for the win.

That's the problem.
They can't use that because all of FSU wins are games they could've lost. If bama losses and we beat a then #1 ducks #2 ducks and a ranked assu and Utah. That should be enough to get the 4 spot.

FSU is undefeated and Bama ain't losing tonight.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

thanks for nothing Auburn

prh

Post by prh »

Auburn might have some of the worst play calling I've ever seen tonight.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mental health disease is just awful. My immediate family has experienced it, however, at least my son is now alive.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Wow, what a dirty hit by Mizzou. He's been ejected at least.

Really weird rooting for all favorites today - usually I root for the underdogs.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAEebs86 wrote:Wow, what a dirty hit by Mizzou. He's been ejected at least.

Really weird rooting for all favorites today - usually I root for the underdogs.
Sims got obliterated... Helmet to helmet, swept of his legs on the hit, full airborne...

Not sure I've yelled holy shit so loudly in a non-fandom game.

Absolutely destroyed Sims.

Credit to him he was able to walk off under own strength.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

That reminds me of those hits that Tuitama took from LSU.
Last edited by 84Cat on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Time for us to be Ohio state, Baylor, and fsu fans.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What are we rooting for the favorites again?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:What are we rooting for the favorites again?
Have to if we want to stay Top 10/11 and get a CFP bowl.
-JB
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Damn!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gotcha.

So far according to plan.

I'm really hoping Cotton Bowl.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Good to see we aren't the only team to lay an egg! With all those teAms getting rolled we shouldn't drop that far at least it seems like a plus for arizona! ASUHATER DISAGREES!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

With all the top teams winning in blowouts. If fsu holds on do they drop out of the top 4? Does Baylor jump tcu. I think the most impressive team today has been Ohio state with a 3rd string qb! It's going to be a shit show! Proof a 8 team playoff would be just amazing!!!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If Georgia tech wins that would definitely finish off any fiesta bowl hopes

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

3goggles wrote:With all the top teams winning in blowouts. If fsu holds on do they drop out of the top 4? Does Baylor jump tcu. I think the most impressive team today has been Ohio state with a 3rd string qb! It's going to be a shit show! Proof a 8 team playoff would be just amazing!!!
I don't see how an undefeated Big 5 team can get left out. But the best scenario for us would be for them to win and get left out and go to the Orange Bowl.
Otherwise GT is going to the Orange Bowl guaranteed, and we have to finish Top 10.

I can't see how Baylor is below TCU if they win. Does head-to-head mean absolutely nothing to them? They play the same exact teams in conference.

If we had won I would be so pissed off right now with Wisconsin just rolling over and everybody else winning too.
-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

uh, wisconsin is getting absolutely destroyed by osu. not what I thought would happen in that game.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Hmm gt

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:uh, wisconsin is getting absolutely destroyed by osu. not what I thought would happen in that game.
so I look at the score, it's 59-0 final.

and I thought the Cats game was an ass whooping.
sheeeesh

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I think OSU jumps Baylor which jumps TCU which falls back behind FSU because the Big 12's lack of a championship game. The committee has a built in excuse (in this totally messed up year) to keep TCU and Baylor out which, while it can be complained about, is the fault of the conference. Plus a "conference championship" is supposed to be a very highly regarded criterion for selection.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

84Cat wrote:That reminds me of those hits that Tuitama took from LSU.
Which brought no penalty whatsoever and, IIRC, came even later after the throw than that one. It was disgraceful by the player and the refs.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Great video of how Central Michigan chose to announce to the team which bowl they had been selected for.

I'd have lost my mind too.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That was alright.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

I do not think that he should be allowed to coach the game.