Game 8, vs Gonzaga (2014-2015)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AZCatGirl

Re: Game 8, vs Gonzaga

Post by AZCatGirl »

At the game. I don't even know what to say except I love this team so damn much. We were about ready to kill the refs a few times.

Love TJ so damn much. He beared down when we needed him most. Still can't believe we won. Everyone was high fiveing each other. Amazing game.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Good teams know how to win ugly.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Good teams know how to win ugly.
I don't think this was an ugly game at all. The only ugly thing were the refs. I thought the game was very competitive and fun to watch.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

After a horrible game, TJ scored all of our points in ot.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bosy Billups wrote:Good teams know how to win ugly.
Even better teams know how to win pretty
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Gonzaga would annihilate Kansas.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:Gonzaga would annihilate Kansas.
Another poster, not me, on the Kansas board saw the same thing I did. Gonzaga should have had a shot to put this game away in regulation. And I quote:

"for those interested, for pickup and what not, if a ball is thrown to you, you hit it down with one hand, it hits the ground, comes back up, you catch it, that's not a dribble, you can dribble again, unless of course the ref doesn't know the rule, which is what happened last 30 seconds of the arizona game.

Oh, and in the last 5 seconds of regulation, an arizona player went over the back so bad on a gonzaga player on a attempted tip that it was very, very obvious. moved the guy in front of him more than a foot, so through the back not over the back. "
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Watch the replay. That's not what happened. Clear double dribble.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:Watch the replay. That's not what happened. Clear double dribble.
An Arizona fan says that's not what happened? Any bias there?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:
77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:Watch the replay. That's not what happened. Clear double dribble.
You had trouble with a depleted Florida team stfu
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
A douche bag Kansas fan who hates Arizona telling us what happened. Any bias there?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

If the Cats lose to anyone by 32 points I will wear a Kansas T shirt every day for a year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Goat wrote:Dakich is such an ignorant cunt.
Re-watching the game and Dakich is fucking terrible. Everything is a negative. It's not good defense, it's the worst offense in history. Fuck him. Must have been pissed that his kid's team shit down their own legs against DeVry.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
The Goat wrote:Dakich is such an ignorant cunt.
Re-watching the game and Dakich is fucking terrible. Everything is a negative. It's not good defense, it's the worst offense in history. Fuck him. Must have been pissed that his kid's team shit down their own legs against DeVry.

There is one simple word for former coaches who are commentators or "analysts":

Failures.

Hey Dan, the reason why your analysis of the game or your insights are garbage is the same reason why you can't get a coaching job. You suck at knowing the game of basketball.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Dan Dakich must be picking up where Jimmy Dykes left off. Someone has to for ESPN, right?

Has anybody ever heard any top-three basketball team in America ever get this much shit for continuing to win?

I get paid to look at sports objectively, and I've never seen a basketball team win in spite of more consistent, systemic adversity than Arizona.

If the Cats played in any conference east of the Rockies, they'd be getting half of UK's first-place votes.

Between the continually suspect officiating, even at home, and the national anti-Arizona narrative failing to respect solid fundamental basketball, though, it is a weekly uphill battle against forces of political BS outside of anyone's control.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Honor the process of disrespect
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

catgrad97 wrote:Dan Dakich must be picking up where Jimmy Dykes left off. Someone has to for ESPN, right?

Has anybody ever heard any top-three basketball team in America ever get this much shit for continuing to win?

I get paid to look at sports objectively, and I've never seen a basketball team win in spite of more consistent, systemic adversity than Arizona.

If the Cats played in any conference east of the Rockies, they'd be getting half of UK's first-place votes.

Between the continually suspect officiating, even at home, and the national anti-Arizona narrative failing to respect solid fundamental basketball, though, it is a weekly uphill battle against forces of political BS outside of anyone's control.
I don't get it either. The disrespect from the tv announcers this year is crazy. Only remedy is to just win baby!
Frybry02

Re: Game 8, vs Gonzaga (2014-2015)

Post by Frybry02 »

Game reaired before tonight's game. First time I watched since attending the game. 2014-2015 was our year. :(