Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ghostwhitehorse

Texas Roadhouse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Opinions?
scumdevils86

Re: Texas Roadhouse

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ok so, I poo poo'd it for years. Embarrassingly it was where my wife and I had our first date in January 2014. We didn't go back until January 2024...and it was the best steak I've ever had at a restaurant.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've paid 2 or 3 times as much for a steak at much "nicer" restaurants that were worse. I almost never eat steak out at a restaurant as a result.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

We go to the one on Irvington in south T-town. We sit at the bar and know the bartender. I get the 6oz. filet and it's USDA prime and usually spot-on medium rare. Once you know their system you don't have to mess with their shitty bread or get your baked potato rolled in salt, and they can do broccoli al dente about 75% of the time. My wife doesn't each much at any one setting, so she orders off the kids' menu or gets a side of chili which she puts on her half of the baker, and has bits of my broccoli.

Rex's Toadhouse is a functional place to get a slab of beef and a drinkable bottle of wine. If you drift off of the menu too far into the shit most Americans put in their gullet you are overdosed on salt and calories sufficient to kill an elephant. Stay on the path and it works.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:14 pm We go to the one on Irvington in south T-town. We sit at the bar and know the bartender. I get the 6oz. filet and it's USDA prime and usually spot-on medium rare. Once you know their system you don't have to mess with their shitty bread or get your baked potato rolled in salt, and they can do broccoli al dente about 75% of the time. My wife doesn't each much at any one setting, so she orders off the kids' menu or gets a side of chili which she puts on her half of the baker, and has bits of my broccoli.

Rex's Toadhouse is a functional place to get a slab of beef and a drinkable bottle of wine. If you drift off of the menu too far into the shit most Americans put in their gullet you are overdosed on salt and calories sufficient to kill an elephant. Stay on the path and it works.
Yeah this is the key it seems like. On our first date we veered away from the path and it was not good.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’ll never forget the one in Fresno and the nice lady I met there one night from LA
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We've been a few times and it's neem good. I think a lot of these chain restaurants get a bad rap.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I may have gone there once? Honestly I don’t remember. Is that the place where you throw the peanut shells on the floor? If I did go, I’m sure I was grossed out by everyone digging their dirty mitts into the peanut barrels and probably tipped extra hoping it made its way down to the poor undocumented immigrant that had to clean that bullshit up, and I also probably figured it would be a great place to exact revenge on your arch nemesis if he had a deathly legume allergy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

They don't do the peanut thing anymore btw
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why do they hate freedom?

(J/k)
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

I'd always had Texas Roadhouse unfairly associated with Longhorn Steakhouse, and thus didn't think much of T.R. based on my one lifeless experience with an L.S. in Columbus Georgia during the weekend of my younger brother's Army bootcamp graduation.

Then this past July I took my Dad and a few of his friends out for dinner, telling them to pick any one of the chain restaurants at the Cortaro Farms exit in Marana where most of them live near. Chili's? IHOP? Cracker Barrel? They all chose Texas Roadhouse.

It was exactly what I expected, in a mostly good way. As Dove put it, the menu is overloaded with high-calorie, high-saturated fat items, and most of the patrons are unfortunately sized to look like they dine at T.R. too often. The place was packed, and our waitress said it's like this most every evening. The staff was as friendly and accommodating as could be. The drink menu is excellent. The interior décor and layout set the tone, with a wrap-around bar centering rows of booths.

I would go again, but rarely due how heavy the entrees are.

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson