The Bright Side

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

The Bright Side

Post by Longhorned »

It sucks to lose, and especially to ASU, but there are still five positives to take away. Here's what makes this a good loss:

- If you're watching at home, that coffee table you kicked still has three unbroken legs.

- If you were at the game, you had an experience you'll never forget for the rest of your life.

- You're now too depressed to feel boredom.

- Your food won't taste good enough to eat, saving those calories for hard liquor.

- You may have reduced confidence moving forward.
billk78

Re: The Bright Side

Post by billk78 »

We dominated them today.....in diving.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArti ... =209880270
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

6. asu's inflated expectations and false sense of confidence resulting from this win will result in hiiiiigh-larity when they whiff the majority of their remaining games and miss the nit

7. ku still lost, and misery loves company... especially when your company blows a 13-pt lead and shoots 27% (and hits 33% of their free throws) in the second half

seriously though, i'm a big believer in "good" losses (this isn't the bcs) and teachable moments, but there's really nothing good about this one - esp entering our february conf stretch. hope our guys can pull it together, and fast - both in terms of execution and in developing some real mental toughness. big test next week in seattle, even with romar's guys playing like they have been lately (possible 5 game skid). let's go 'cats!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I'm kinda over it already
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

i like your style, man.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yea this didnt sting as bad as last years. Maybe its because Jahii is gone?

1 seed may be gone. But put this behind us and finish strong. End of the year we are gonna look at these three (maybe another to come) bad losses and play the what if game, but we will be good come tourny time.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Would have been a better win, though.

And if we truly think this team belongs in the national conversation among the best, well...great teams have a great win or two before March.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

My vasectomy moved up 1 spot in my all time favorite moments of my life
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Longhorned wrote:It sucks to lose, and especially to ASU, but there are still five positives to take away. Here's what makes this a good loss:

Gotta think about this more - usually depression & boredom go hand in hand when I get sick. :idea:
And I said, ‘That last thing is what you can't get...Nobody can get to that last thing. We keep on living in hopes of catching it once and for all.’ Jack Kerouac, On The Road
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I went to Sams Club after the game and the combination of intoxication and sadness led to some awesome food choice I will enjoy all week long, so there's that.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Longhorned wrote:It sucks to lose, and especially to ASU, but there are still five positives to take away. Here's what makes this a good loss:

- If you're watching at home, that coffee table you kicked still has three unbroken legs.

- If you were at the game, you had an experience you'll never forget for the rest of your life.

- Your food won't taste good enough to eat, saving those calories for hard liquor.

- You may have reduced confidence moving forward.
You forgot to add that the win may earn Herb Sendek another contract extension.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

So keep losing at ASU to keep Sendek around! Yay?!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

I went to a collegue's birthday party immediately after the game and lo and behold a couple was there decked out in all Arizona gear. I couldn't believe it. (Had no idea the game would be put on one of the screens in the bar during the party).
I was so depressed I didn't even talk to them or introduce myself the entire evening. :( That's pretty bad. After I noticed they were gone I was like wtf? to myself. smh.