Convertible laptop

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

phenom5

Convertible laptop

Post by phenom5 »

So, watching the game last night, and I got a little excited about something...it was still early. I had my laptop on the table next to the couch, I'm sure you can see where this is going. My chocolate lab thinks that when I get excited about the game I obviously want to play. Well, she ended up sending a toy flying, and knocked my full 32oz glass of water onto my laptop.

It was "off" by the time I had moved it to the table. I tookit apart, and turned it upside down to let it dry out. Tried this morning, nope, DOA. Something shorted.

So I'm thinking about a convertible, 13-14". Any thoughts?

Don't need anything too powerful, like the laptop I'm replacing, but something decent. Really don't want to spend too much, not really sure how much though.

At work we have some Lenovo Yogo 2 Pros that are nice, but pricy.
UAEebs86

Re: Convertible laptop

Post by UAEebs86 »

My son just got the 14" HP combo they sell at Best Buy. He's been pretty happy with it. I think it was $549. I'm trying a cheap HP Windows tablet but might go to the combo if my laptop dies. They are pretty slick
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Not a huge HP fan, but I'll probably swing by best buy some time today for some hands on testing.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Well, after looking at some of the options available, decided to pickup a refurbed motherboard, and power daughterboard. See if that gets it back up and running.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2, and I absolutely love it.