USC Game

Post by gumby »

Must win.
Right where I want to be.
Chicat

Re: USC Game

Post by Chicat »

Machina disagrees.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:Machina disagrees.

He also disagrees with Ernie Kent, who called Miller "classy".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby

Post by gumby »

What number will Korcheck be after this?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:What number will Korcheck be after this?
Just 31 but with an X taped over it.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

I believe that Arizona retires Jerseys but not numbers, but I'm not sure.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I think that's right.

Usc coming in with confidence after snapping their 9 game losing streak last weekend
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

gumby wrote:
lol at honoring a guy who rooted against his Alma mater when they were playing Washington.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just keeping it real right rock
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Sure

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Rocky knocking UofA players and coaches - didn't see that coming.

#shitnobodysays
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

gumby wrote:Must win.
If the goal is winning the Pac-12 regular conference championship, yes it is. If AZ and Utah both win out, and Utah upsets AZ in Utah, who wins the tie-breaker?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

midnightx wrote:
If the goal is winning the Pac-12 regular conference championship, yes it is. If AZ and Utah both win out, and Utah upsets AZ in Utah, who wins the tie-breaker?
Not sure what the tiebreaker is, but I remember that whoever wins it just gets top seed in the PAC-12 tournament. The two teams are regular season co-champions.
-JB
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

The tiebreaker is record against teams immediately following us in the standings. So for example, if we beat UCLA on Saturday, and lose to Utah next week, I believe we're conference champs, as long as we win our other games. Because we'd be 1-0 against the 3rd place team, and Utah would be 1-1.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

midnightx wrote:
There wouldn't be a tiebreaker, Utah would win the league by a game in this scenario.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

UAEebs86 wrote:Rocky knocking UofA players and coaches - didn't see that coming.

#shitnobodysays
You support a guy who openly cheered against UA in the Pac-10 Championship game?

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

midnightx wrote:
AZ and Utah are currently tied........if Utah wins out they are outright conference champions.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Rocky knocking UofA players and coaches - didn't see that coming.

#shitnobodysays
You support a guy who openly cheered against UA in the Pac-10 Championship game?
He was an older brother figure, mentor & extremely close with Isaiah Thomas. He's also from Seattle & almost went to Washington. Jason Terry loves the UofA & that's always been clear. Rooting for what was basically his little brother that day is acceptable to me, yes.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Players and coaches don't tote around the hate and grudges accumulated by diehard fans. Probably a healthy way to approach life, though I would never do it.

FUCLA!
Huck the Fuskies!
Scummies!
Can't spell sucks without USC!
Can you believe the lack of class demonstrated by (fill in the school/coach/players)!!!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Imagine a family member of yours (which Terry considers Thomas to be) who is the starting point guard in a game against your college team. That's one of many, many situations in life where you do as Walton does.

What I don't get is why RockyRaccoon would have anything negative to say about a situation where somebody has a reason to root for the team opposing Arizona. You'd think Rocky would celebrate Terry as a hero in this regard.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:

#shitnobodysays
He was an older brother figure, mentor & extremely close with Isaiah Thomas. He's also from Seattle & almost went to Washington. Jason Terry loves the UofA & that's always been clear. Rooting for what was basically his little brother that day is acceptable to me, yes.
I'll admit I was annoyed at the time, however, I recently came up against something similar. My little brother goes to school and plays basketball at my alma mater's rival, and I'm rooting for his team 100 times out of 100. Can't blame Terry for rooting for family.
Bear Down Vegas

Oh, I wasn't crazy about it either. I had my UW friends giving me loads of shit for it.

But that said, Jason Terry famously slept in his uniform - shoes included - the night before the S16 game vs Kansas in '97. That's one of my fav stories to tell. He was INCREDIBLE for us after Bibby left, not to mention being the best 6 man ever when he was here. I remember watching a PTI 10 years ago or something when Terry openly bragged about UofA when the reason for the interview was his NBA career. I've got nothing but love for JT.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yes, and Jason Terry very vociferously has nothing but love for Arizona.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

came into this thread, saw posts by Rocky, and instantly became paranoid and upset that somehow, some way my "ignore" function either wasn't working or had been turned off by the government.

Then I realized I wasn't logged in and quickly fixed the problem. PHEW.

Also, JET is the fucking man

/thread
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

GO CATS!!!

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:But that said, Jason Terry famously slept in his uniform - shoes included - the night before the S16 game vs Kansas in '97. That's one of my fav stories to tell. He was INCREDIBLE for us after Bibby left, not to mention being the best 6 man ever when he was here. I remember watching a PTI 10 years ago or something when Terry openly bragged about UofA when the reason for the interview was his NBA career. I've got nothing but love for JT.
This.

If you're looking for a single player that elevated this program to regular discussions as one of the elite, look no further than Jason Terry.

So clutch from the Kansas game on in '97--the Providence free-throw line J in OT, taking the pressure off Bibby handling the ball in the FF and sinking teardrop threes when we needed them most.

Should have taken more of Dickerson's minutes against Utah in '98--but by then it was too late. Had perhaps the most brilliant individual season, wire-to-wire, of any Wildcat in Arizona basketball history in '99, and that's saying something.

I seriously don't understand how you can be an Arizona basketball fan and not love Jason Terry.

Personable with fans of Arizona and in the NBA, almost to a fault. Heck, how many players would do this with a perfect stranger at a Suns game (one of my middle school friends posted this on FB):
Attachments
JET.JPG
JET.JPG (30.15 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:I seriously don't understand how you can be an Arizona basketball fan and not love Jason Terry.
Because trolls love to troll. We all see you Rocky.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

I loved JET.

That was before he chose to root against his Alma mater all because he worked out with an opposing team's player for a couple of months one summer.

Who knew that is what makes someone "family" now a days? You would think family would be the place you spent 4 seasons at and won a national championship with.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Great, thanks Rocky. As always your takes are held in the highest regard.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I am so done with this idiot. If someone started a ban poll I would vote yes.

This shtick has run its course.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Alieberman wrote:I am so done with this idiot. If someone started a ban poll I would vote yes.

What shtick do you speak of?

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:I am so done with this idiot. If someone started a ban poll I would vote yes.

Lazy man's question, I know. But do you or anyone remember where I can start it? I think there's a rule where the failed ban ends up banning the poll starter, and ban polls invariably fail because the "everyone deserves an opinion!" crowd suddenly jumps in, but I'll take one for the team.

I like the ignore feature, but there's a point when discussion shuts down. These threads are becoming a big mess of disingenuous attention whoring.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No need to ban anyone. Let Rocky troll. It's obvious that he's now receiving the attention he's been lacking since he was weaned off the teat. And to that I raise my glass of morning scotch and say, "good for you champ...".
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:

Lazy man's question, I know. But do you or anyone remember where I can start it? I think there's a rule where the failed ban ends up banning the poll starter, and ban polls invariably fail because the "everyone deserves an opinion!" crowd suddenly jumps in, but I'll take one for the team.

I like the ignore feature, but there's a point when discussion shuts down. These threads are becoming a big mess of disingenuous attention whoring.
I would think 1 should start it in the General Discussion Forum and the poll starter is not in any danger of getting banned. I'm not starting 1 because I'm a mod here.

But for the record, I wouldn't vote yes to Machina or Salty being banned but I would easily for this coward/ child.
Bear Down Vegas

I kinda agree with Chi. At some point I honestly can't tell if some posters are trolling or are just so odd with their stances & opinions - while REALLY eager to explain them - that I'm better off not trying to understand it.

In this case, RR stated a stance, posters presented counterpoints, he disagreed. Done. There's not much more to say. At least as far as Terry is concerned. lol
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I would think 1 should start it in the General Discussion Forum and the poll starter is not in any danger of getting banned. I'm not starting 1 because I'm a mod here.

But for the record, I wouldn't vote yes to Machina or Salty being banned but I would easily for this coward/ child.
What makes me a coward in your eyes?

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:I kinda agree with Chi. At some point I honestly can't tell if some posters are trolling or are just so odd with their stances & opinions - while REALLY eager to explain them - that I'm better off not trying to understand it.

In this case, RR stated a stance, posters presented counterpoints, he disagreed. Done. There's not much more to say. At least as far as Terry is concerned. lol
Very intelligent response.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Line is Arizona -23
-JB
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Line is Arizona -23
I'd take AZ. I don't expect this to be close.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

89-51
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Line is Arizona -23
I'd take AZ. I don't expect this to be close.
I hate lines that high. You never know what happens in garbage time. I expect us to win going away, but it's not weird for garbage time to turn a 30 point win into a 20 point win.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

midnightx wrote: If the goal is winning the Pac-12 regular conference championship, yes it is. If AZ and Utah both win out, and Utah upsets AZ in Utah, who wins the tie-breaker?
It goes to penalty kicks
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm so happy for JT. He was a bad ass warrior for the CATS!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I'd take that line. USC plays UGLY UGLY UGLY basketball. They are bad. Both games I have watched, they looked like a struggling high school team. But they somehow find a way to stay in most of their losses.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

gumby wrote:Players and coaches don't tote around the hate and grudges accumulated by diehard fans. Probably a healthy way to approach life, though I would never do it.

FUCLA!
Huck the Fuskies!
Scummies!
Can you believe the lack of class demonstrated by (fill in the school/coach/players)!!!!!

Haha thanks gumby! Negative rooting is just stupid.

Hate to say I couldnt quite shout down the "overrated <clap, clap, clap-clap-clap>" chant at the Utah game. Made me sick.

I still always root against duke, but there is always a weird sort of envy-feeling attached to that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Lute4God wrote:
gumby wrote:Players and coaches don't tote around the hate and grudges accumulated by diehard fans. Probably a healthy way to approach life, though I would never do it.

FUCLA!
Huck the Fuskies!
Scummies!

Haha thanks gumby! Negative rooting is just stupid.

Hate to say I couldnt quite shout down the "overrated <clap, clap, clap-clap-clap>" chant at the Utah game. Made me sick.

I still always root against duke, but there is always a weird sort of envy-feeling attached to that.
For me, it's more about remembering perspective. It's just a game at the end of the day. It's fun for me to hate on ASU and Duke, but it never really affects my life. As much as I can trash ASU, then you have guys like Tillman that you have to respect because some things transcend sports rivalries.

Lose your perspective and you wind up poisoning a rival's trees.

And great for Jason Terry. He should be a legend and deserves all the accolades he gets. Great Wildcat.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

100-0
gumby

Post by gumby »

Ha! May not be an exaggeration.
USC is last in the conference in field-goal percentage (41.9), second-to-last in 3-point shooting percentage (31.4) and commits the second-most turnovers per game (13.9).
But my eye test tells me Enfield runs good offense -- RockyR