It's a trap

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

It's a trap

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Colorado is pretty much the definition of a trap game. Road, crowd will be involved, team that is probably better than their record indicates, game just before a big showdown. It'll be big to come out with energy and not let them get confidence. Utah is a better team, but I'm more concerned about our performance in Boulder.
Chicat

Re: It's a trap

Post by Chicat »

I agree.

But then again I thought the Wazzu game was a trap, so maybe I'm just a pussy and this team will come out with their hair on fire to prove me wrong once again.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I have had my eye on this one as well. They have some good players and you know this will be the best game they play all year because it's us. We just need to get off to a nice start and end the game quickly.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There are no more traps. Team is focused on Rado, I'm sure.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Yeah, Bash and Rondae made it clear in the presser yesterday they weren't looking ahead to Utah. They know overlooking opponents is why they've lost the games they have. Rondae seemed especially focused not to let Booker go off again.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You have to be pretty stupid, or some kind of wild animal, to walk into a trap just because you see bait. We'll know based on the team's focus and effort tomorrow how smart they are.
gumby

Post by gumby »

How can it be a trap when it's a must-sweep week? Can't they read?
Right where I want to be.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

AZCatGirl wrote:Yeah, Bash and Rondae made it clear in the presser yesterday they weren't looking ahead to Utah. They know overlooking opponents is why they've lost the games they have. Rondae seemed especially focused not to let Booker go off again.
I'm never too sure based off stuff like that. No player has ever said in an interview that they're looking ahead. Yet it happens.

We'll see. In games like this, you know your opponent will come out hyped. Half the battle is meeting that initial surge aggressively. If you don't do that, the momentum can snowball.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

gumby wrote:How can it be a trap when it's a must-sweep week? Can't they read?
The team doesn't read the boards, but they have been following Machina on Twitter. He has been touting Utah as a must-win game all season, and the players know Machina has not gotten a lot to be excited about lately from the team. They are focused on Saturday. :shock:

We are doomed tomorrow night...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Harvey Specter wrote:
gumby wrote:How can it be a trap when it's a must-sweep week? Can't they read?
The team doesn't read the boards, but they have been following Machina on Twitter. He has been touting Utah as a must-win game all season, and the players know Machina has not gotten a lot to be excited about lately from the team. They are focused on Saturday. :shock:

We are doomed tomorrow night...
Explains their failure to reach perfection.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Chicat wrote:I agree.

But then again I thought the Wazzu game was a trap, so maybe I'm just a pussy and this team will come out with their hair on fire to prove me wrong once again.
I'm with the Hair on Fire crowd.

Here we go. Let's see if this team can begin the ascension to it's ultimate ceiling beginning this weekend.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

1. Colorado goes out of their way every year to make sure our return trip to Boulder is personal. Xavier Johnson, Askia Booker...they make sure we know what they are about. Which is talk. Lots of talk.

2. Utah losing may have helped any natural drift to thinking of that game...a top 10 matchup faded to a top 15 matchup, and Utah showed their flaws yet again. We handled Utah pretty soundly the last time we met. None of this means we should take them lightly...I just think it all goes to supporting the idea that our players might not be so focused on big, bad Utah somehow to the exclusion of Rado.

3. Three minutes of listening to Tad Boyle whining about the refs would be enough to snap even the most slumbering team out of bliss and into a position of wanting to do whatever it takes to Lance the Boyle.

4. I believe our players respect the process. They play so many high profile games, and they are ALL must-win games. This team is up against the opponent's biggest game of the year each and every time they step on the court, and are often faced with a nationally-impacting game one or two games up the schedule. Between the constant preparation for the next opponent, the emphasis on not overlooking teams from coaches, and the level of focus they get from each opponent and their fans on the road, the team cannot help but understand the gravity of each individual game.

We could play poorly vs Colorado, but I don't believe this team, with their extensive experience in playing in high profile games in multiple weeks every season, will play poorly because of a lack of focus on Colorado.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'd like to be confident. But then there's UNLV. OSU. ASU. This team has shown the ability to play down to its competition, so me taking their focus for granted in Boulder is not too likely. I'll predict that we either blow out CU or we lose. Or maybe we'll win a close one.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Not a trap
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:Not a trap
It was a trap game, but this is a textbook example of how to take care of business in a trap game. Bring on Utah.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Colorado was in this game for what, all of four minutes?

It's been a pretty rough fall from second tier status for them.
Last edited by SCCats on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote:Not a trap
Not even a tarp or elaborate ruse.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Speed bump.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Trapper Yawn.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I think they really meant that its a snap!
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I knew I was right.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy