That’s awesome!!
azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

House hunting sucks.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:48 am I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
I had it done (both sides) maybe 8 years ago. They did it laparoscopicly... not too long of a recovery... frozen peas are your friend!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:40 am
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:48 am I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
I had it done (both sides) maybe 8 years ago. They did it laparoscopicly... not too long of a recovery... frozen peas are your friend!
That might turn out to be an option this time. My previous surgeon said "the best way to repair hernia is the old fashioned way" (non-laparoscopically), meaning less failures and less re-dos. Since then I've talked to numerous guys who've had failures and re-dos who wished they'd have gone to the longer, more painful procedure/recovery. But the fact that the younger you are the worse the recovery is, and now that I'm looking at 67 this year rather than 35, I have some questions to ask.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:58 am
Alieberman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:40 am
That might turn out to be an option this time. My previous surgeon said "the best way to repair hernia is the old fashioned way" (non-laparoscopically), meaning less failures and less re-dos. Since then I've talked to numerous guys who've had failures and re-dos who wished they'd have gone to the longer, more painful procedure/recovery. But the fact that the younger you are the worse the recovery is, and now that I'm looking at 67 this year rather than 35, I have some questions to ask.
Get er done Dove. Best of luck on this and wishing you a full recovery.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I had a double hernia when I was 10. If you look close you can still see the scars.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:10 pm I had a double hernia when I was 10.
That must have been a boatload of fun for a 10 year old.
azgreg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:10 pmIf you look close you can still see the scars.
I'll just take your word for it.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:01 pm
azgreg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:10 pmIf you look close you can still see the scars.
The only thing I remember of the whole thing is waking up in the recovery room and the doctor asking if I wanted to be wheeled back to my room or if I wanted to walk. I tried to walk but couldn't. Fucking military doctors (Davis Monthan).
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:05 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:01 pm
The only thing I remember of the whole thing is waking up in the recovery room and the doctor asking if I wanted to be wheeled back to my room or if I wanted to walk. I tried to walk but couldn't. Fucking military doctors (Davis Monthan).
Drop and give me 50 kid!

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

My lifelong buddy from childhood has esophageal cancer which is stage 4 and also in one of his optic nerves. He's undergoing chemo and radiation.

Just found out that one of my best buds from my 20s died a few days ago.

My dog barely made it through it through the night. She's 15 and has heart issues. Today might be the day to stop her suffering.

Trying to prepare for a trip to Utah in about 9 days and my buddy, who has been planning this trip with us for months,texts me that he may not be going because he's having trouble finding a boarder for his wife's 3 dogs.

These fucking idiot Trumpies seem near ready to assault me and others and their idiotic social media posts are just traitorous-even though they don't know it. Making me nauseous.

Fuck. Venting indeed.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The outdoors is just what you need my man. Sometimes ya just gotta get outside and listen to the distance. I wish you peace.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:32 am The outdoors is just what you need my man. Sometimes ya just gotta get outside and listen to the distance. I wish you peace.
So fucking true.

I wish I was your neighbor.

Thanks.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So sorry to hear that… but Dove is 100% right

I just got back from 4 days in Puerto Peñasco… doing nothing but staring at the waves and drinking beers… it was exactly what I needed to get rid of my stress
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:07 am So sorry to hear that… but Dove is 100% right

I just got back from 4 days in Puerto Peñasco… doing nothing but staring at the waves and drinking beers… it was exactly what I needed to get rid of my stress
I'd kill for this. I haven't had anything approaching a real vacation in over 3 years. Not even one night alone with the wife since before we had kids.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

scumdevils86 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 pm
Alieberman wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:07 am So sorry to hear that… but Dove is 100% right

I'd kill for this. I haven't had anything approaching a real vacation in over 3 years. Not even one night alone with the wife since before we had kids.
Dude... you need to make this happen ASAP. Taking time away from kids was not only necessary for the sake of my marriage but the time away always made me a better parent.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:52 am
scumdevils86 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 pm

Dude... you need to make this happen ASAP. Taking time away from kids was not only necessary for the sake of my marriage but the time away always made me a better parent.
Yea I'm afraid that isn't on the horizon for us either. She's 32 weeks with our 2nd and we've exclusively co-slept with the first. That won't change with the 2nd either. Our first is incredibly kind and smart but also very sensitive. She's never slept with anyone but the two of us. My wife and I have had some days here and there where we were able to travel or do things with friends overnight but never together due to the sleep situation. We technically haven't ever spent more than 3 hours alone together in 3 years.

Our almost 3 year old will spend the nights we're at the hospital with our one family friend we trust with her. I'm hoping that once our newborn is a bit older we will have set that groundwork to take even an overnight staycation together (wife and I that is). It's a lot for sure.