Stanford @Arizona discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Stanford @Arizona discussion thread

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:Another awful display by the zoo.
Agree,

But show me a program that is winless in conference with a student fan base that represents well... Our fans are not responsible for the state of the program.

I've never been in a business where customers owe you loyalty regardless of the product you offer. Much like "kicking tires at other programs", this is just a 'business' after all - right?

We owe RR an 8 figure sum over the next few years regardless of how he performs. I think that's more than just compensation.

"RR understands how to take tough love, that's why he's been so good for so long". Really Verne? Is Fox Sports lobbying to get him in the studio when his coaching days are over?
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Students representing.

Its just business. Why stick around for a garbage product? vote with your feet and dollars.
prh

Post by prh »

Oregon's student section was really empty today, and theirs is way smaller than zoo. Agree that it's going on everywhere that there isn't good football. Add in the fact that it started at 8 on Halloween Saturday night? Probably only the Yuma nerds there anyways (as someone who lived in that dorm).
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yuma hall represent! I always knew there was a problem when I was in the group of cool "party" kids in the dorm. That should never happen.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

prh wrote:Oregon's student section was really empty today, and theirs is way smaller than zoo. Agree that it's going on everywhere that there isn't good football. Add in the fact that it started at 8 on Halloween Saturday night? Probably only the Yuma nerds there anyways (as someone who lived in that dorm).
When I lived in Yuma, no one went to games besides me, sd86 and a couple other people. I distinctly remember coming back from a game (one of our home losses in 2004) and a kid peeking his head out of his room(with the glow of world of warcraft shining from his computer monitor) asking "who won the match?"
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
prh

Post by prh »

ASUHATER! wrote:
prh wrote:Oregon's student section was really empty today, and theirs is way smaller than zoo. Agree that it's going on everywhere that there isn't good football. Add in the fact that it started at 8 on Halloween Saturday night? Probably only the Yuma nerds there anyways (as someone who lived in that dorm).
When I lived in Yuma, no one went to games besides me, sd86 and a couple other people. I distinctly remember coming back from a game (one of our home losses in 2004) and a kid peeking his head out of his room(with the glow of world of warcraft shining from his computer monitor) asking "who won the match?"
When I got there in 2007, we had 3-4 big friend groups that would go to the games. Probably 50-60 people total with those. I was pleasantly surprised with how much interest there was (and how many non-nerdy people were around). And yeah we'd go party afterwards too. Good times. But there were definitely a fair share of those WoW kids too.