Racquetball in Tucson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Racquetball in Tucson

Post by scumdevils86 »

Hope I can get some good info here from everyone. Long story short I am getting married next year and I want to finally quit the weight yoyo thing I've been doing for most of my 20s. I want to lose 40 lbs and get in decent shape for my wedding and stay that way. As part of that I want to get back into playing racquetball which I did fairly often in high school. That was easy because my high school had plenty of free and almost always unused courts to use but I am not aware of a similar situation in Tucson.

Does anyone have a recommendation for places to play that are 1. not expensive clubs and preferably cheap or free 2. fairly casual and low pressure as I am not in great shape and just want to do this for fun while I am losing weight and getting healthier
Alieberman

Re: Racquetball in Tucson

Post by Alieberman »

I belong to the Tucson Racquet Club and Iove it. It's not free but not crazy expensive. Tennis, racquetball, fitness rooms, pool... And it's totally low key and totally tucson
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

How much is a membership?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

$100 initiation fee and $86 a month for two people
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

When I was a sophomore at U of A, we used to pay something like $7 for admission to the Tucson Athletic Club, without having to pay for an actual membership. So we played racquetball whenever we wanted and then used all the gym equipment. That was 104 years ago, mind you.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Alieberman wrote:I belong to the Tucson Racquet Club and Iove it. It's not free but not crazy expensive. Tennis, racquetball, fitness rooms, pool... And it's totally low key and totally tucson
Really? I am a member there as well although I mostly just play tennis. Do you play?
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

ASUHATER! wrote:$100 initiation fee and $86 a month for two people
You can often get the initiation fee waived through promotions.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The Racquet Club used to have 3 different levels of membership. Tennis, racquet/handball and fitness. I used to do racquetball league and drink beer afterwards. Good times!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Daryl Zero wrote:
Alieberman wrote:I belong to the Tucson Racquet Club and Iove it. It's not free but not crazy expensive. Tennis, racquetball, fitness rooms, pool... And it's totally low key and totally tucson
Really? I am a member there as well although I mostly just play tennis. Do you play?
No I don't play tennis. I work out, swim and drink..... Not always in that order
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

$86 a month for two people seems pretty steep though. Only would be worth it if you're there at least 4-5 times a week.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Totally Tucson. Totally agree. Practically grew up at the racquet club and spent a ton of time there over the years. $86 for two sounds like a good value to me in 2015. I'd check that out SD86. Old School Tucson.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, I meant to say that it was the Tucson Racquet Club that I used to go to. It was fantastic.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

You can get an alumni membership at the UA rec center. $125 a semester, $100 for the summer.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

That isn't too bad for the Rec. 25 a month is fair.

I just got an email from the alumni association about discounts for members at LA Fitness. But no one there knew about it or how to apply it. I forward the manager the email and he says he will look into it this week and to talk to him later in the week as others have brought it up. With that you are looking at 25 a month as well. Not the best service and you do need to deal with bros but there in a nice amount of scenic views there.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:That isn't too bad for the Rec. 25 a month is fair.

I just got an email from the alumni association about discounts for members at LA Fitness. But no one there knew about it or how to apply it. I forward the manager the email and he says he will look into it this week and to talk to him later in the week as others have brought it up. With that you are looking at 25 a month as well. Not the best service and you do need to deal with bros but there in a nice amount of scenic views there.
I used to belong to LA Fitness. If you know someone that has a membership, $25 a month is basically the going rate. They have a lot of recruitment specials too. I've been to two of their Tucson locations and both had 4-5 courts with good availability. It's the biggest Tucson chain, so there's probably a location convenient to wherever you live.

If you're mainly looking for racquetball, my experiences with that were better than the weight room.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

wyo-cat wrote:I used to do racquetball league and drink beer afterwards. Good times!
Now thats a workout!