The Official Missing Posters Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: The Official Missing Posters Thread

Post by Longhorned »

Bruins01 wrote:Where's gumby?
Maybe he decided that we're all a bunch of jerks.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

:lol: Well we are.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Maybe he's going through the dessert on a horse with Pokey's name.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Maybe he's going through the dessert on a horse with Pokey's name.

8-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

Has anyone seen HotSaucePancake? We need to get him over here soon!!!
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

DeuceSooth and Budd1e Lee?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Longhorned wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:Where's gumby?
Maybe he decided that we're all a bunch of jerks.
It took him more than a decade to realize what is plainly obvious??? I'm not buying it.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:Maybe he's going through the dessert on a horse with Pokey's name.

8-)
I don't think he'd need Pokey to get through that dessert.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CBCat

Post by CBCat »

did anyone pm NETSFANFORHASSAN or seen him on here?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Why am I the last to know I'm missing?
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:Why am I the last to know I'm missing?
That's what happens in the river rapids.
VoltronX

Post by VoltronX »

CalStateTempe wrote:For clarification, I am a fiscal conservative, social moderate.

I started that thread back in 2009-2010 in response to the GOP having a 13yo "prodigy" speak at a GOPAC conference (who subsequently turned out to be democrat once he hit college) and the continuing lack of intellect and data-driven discourse in the current GOP platform.

Doubling down on populist idiocy.

That thread was my reaction to their efforts to "grow the party". Hilarious article in the OP though. You should read it if interested.
I'm very similar to you politically.. and I started the "Why is everyone hating on Obama" thread. lol. :)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

shimdic in the house.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Weird experience. FWIW. Last Sunday I opened a full-year premium account on Scout AZ because I'd heard there is plenty of great hoops detail. A one week trial was included in my sign-up.

I read for a couple of hours on Monday and found SHB, DC Cat(a great from the past), and some other faves from our forum here.

But, bottom line, I didn't read much hoops info I didn't already know from here. Second---the big deal I was actually chasing----I couldn't find 97Cats or Winger, whom I'd heard were active there. Huh?

I did find a 21 page thread titled "97 Cats?". I read every page and found a long discussion by members seemingly asking one question "Why did 97 leave?" I didn't understand the background of most of the posts, but they ranged from rages about this or that, argumentation between posters, miscellaneous scat, etc. Towards the end there was a 97 Cat post saying something like "Thanks for all your kind messages---I appreciated them a lot. But.....I'm locked".

Bottom line, I didn't find 97 or Wingster and I was turned off by the tone of the posts in the "Where's 97? " thread. I called Scout and cancelled my one-day-long membership. I like everyone here. We have a long history. And OMG Gumby, who reported he was the last to know he was missing, and jumped up like the dawn! Hey, I miss 97, Wing, SHB, DC Cat, but...
gumby

Post by gumby »

DC is THE MAN. Big hole when he left free boards.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:DC is THE MAN. Big hole when he left free boards.
I agree. And he's so active on the Scout pay-wall boards.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

DC is required reading for me on the Scout Premium boards.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

EOCT wrote:Weird experience. FWIW. Last Sunday I opened a full-year premium account on Scout AZ because I'd heard there is plenty of great hoops detail. A one week trial was included in my sign-up.

I read for a couple of hours on Monday and found SHB, DC Cat(a great from the past), and some other faves from our forum here.

But, bottom line, I didn't read much hoops info I didn't already know from here. Second---the big deal I was actually chasing----I couldn't find 97Cats or Winger, whom I'd heard were active there. Huh?

I did find a 21 page thread titled "97 Cats?". I read every page and found a long discussion by members seemingly asking one question "Why did 97 leave?" I didn't understand the background of most of the posts, but they ranged from rages about this or that, argumentation between posters, miscellaneous scat, etc. Towards the end there was a 97 Cat post saying something like "Thanks for all your kind messages---I appreciated them a lot. But.....I'm locked".

Bottom line, I didn't find 97 or Wingster and I was turned off by the tone of the posts in the "Where's 97? " thread. I called Scout and cancelled my one-day-long membership. I like everyone here. We have a long history. And OMG Gumby, who reported he was the last to know he was missing, and jumped up like the dawn! Hey, I miss 97, Wing, SHB, DC Cat, but...
I finally pulled the trigger on Scout Premium at the beginning of Fall camp. It's different, but I enjoy it. Now, I spend most of my time in the football forum and barely any in hoops except for the aforementioned 97 thread. That whole situation is a shame to say the least. In any event, I think the information and conversation is pretty good. Winger's been posting, so has HeHateMe, dc4azcats, Rey, chief and plenty of other folks that you long-timers probably know that I don't or under alternate handles that I don't recognize. Jason's good to have around too. I'll keep it. For example, not that it was too great a mystery to begin with if you pay attention, Anu getting the nod was pretty much confirmed over there a couple of days before the public announcement. And it seemed pretty obvious for awhile.

That said, EOCT, I agree with your closing sentiments. This is a great community with a great history and a very different structure and social component that makes it what it is. The lower boards, the format, the ability to embed photos, tweets, pics and to multi-quote for God's sake, and the posters are what make this place great for sure. Those guys that you miss are around, at least in football, but maybe not in the quantity we all enjoyed on TOS or on the free boards.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Did Taylor ever sign up over here? The 'Members' link above doesn't work for me when I search by letters.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

pokinmik wrote:Did Taylor ever sign up over here? The 'Members' link above doesn't work for me when I search by letters.
The members list is a bit wonky. If you click on any heading to have to sort by that variable the list alphabetically function then works... It's weird yes. :lol:
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

EOCT wrote:Weird experience. FWIW. Last Sunday I opened a full-year premium account on Scout AZ because I'd heard there is plenty of great hoops detail. A one week trial was included in my sign-up.
Now is not a big time for BB news. Scout has done an excellent job in providing information that I think makes the premium account worth it.
The free boards there are total crap and there isn't much good discussion there. Its very much like the TOS' premium boards. A lot of posters that fight for no reason that I can tell. So, I don't post much over there. I read the information and enjoy the free boards here. The only problem is that if you get some inside information there, you can't really discuss it here until it is public knowledge by some other reason. JS often tweets some of the breaking news which makes it a bit easier. If you don't really appreciate the inside information, there is no real reason to be at Scout. I just wouldn't judge the quality of the basketball information during a relatively dead period.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Tried premium during the busy season, and I just didn't appreciate it. Don't get me wrong the content and info is great, but it kinda ruins the fandom for me. Sort of like watching a replay of a game you already know the outcome, ruins the experience/innocence of it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

For whatever reason, I need to know what Scout premium provides. I didn't used to need that, and I don't think everyone needs it. Losing the innocence was more of an issue at the end of Lute's coaching and all the turbulence that followed prior to Miller's post-Josiah/Sidiki stabilizing of the program, in my opinion. I think it's all basically innocent now. For me, that coincides with my realization that I need to know, after all.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Longhorned wrote:For whatever reason, I need to know what Scout premium provides. I didn't used to need that, and I don't think everyone needs it. Losing the innocence was more of an issue at the end of Lute's coaching and all the turbulence that followed prior to Miller's post-Josiah/Sidiki stabilizing of the program, in my opinion. I think it's all basically innocent now. For me, that coincides with my realization that I need to know, after all.
I haven't spent much time on the the BB board on Scout premium. I will eventually, but I'm generally not as compelled by the BB discussion as I am football.

I joined Scout premium at the beginning of Fall camp mainly for football purposes as noted. Overall I'm very satisfied. The level of discussion is pretty good I think. Jason does a great job with stories, interviews, topics and general contributions to the threads. HHM, Winger, Chief, dc4azcats, excatdb, Rey and several others bring excellent takes and football talk. There are a couple of difficult posters, one in particular and those who engage him, but overall much better discussion than on the TOS MAO premium boards - those always sucked imo. I'm happy with my subscription and will stick with it for the foreseeable future. All in all it's an active board and I do think you get a good sense of what's going on regarding any particular issue. There's plenty of stuff I read over there that I wish I could post here or that I feel would give insight, but it's "premium" so I try and respect that.

No fun stuff like here though - embedding pics, tweets, vids, lower boards, etc. Although a remodel is in the offing so maybe those features will be added.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Where's enfuego? :D
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hey, no talking about other boards on this site -- we might lose subscribers!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Basnight crying over at the UCLA board.
http://ucla.scout.com/forums/1737-bro-b ... 95965?s=12
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Irish27 wrote:Basnight crying over at the UCLA board.
http://ucla.scout.com/forums/1737-bro-b ... 95965?s=12
All he does on twitter these days is retweet stuff and hype his podcast.

thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Are SHB and Winger simply not coming to this site? Ever? I want coaching ranks and analytics. I get 97 taking time off. This ACE guy can fly a kite. But have SHB and Winger found permanent new homes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

thenewazcats wrote:Are SHB and Winger simply not coming to this site? Ever? I want coaching ranks and analytics. I get 97 taking time off. This ACE guy can fly a kite. But have SHB and Winger found permanent new homes.
They're active on Scout premium, but in answer to your question, I doubt they've made some kind of decision not to be here. Everything is about to change with the migration to beardownwildcats.com and going public with the graphics that Katz has been working on and the start of basketball season, all right at the time when the football team is off to its surprise start. Goazcats is obviously finished, and this site is about to become the main freeboards site for all things Arizona. Nobody is going to decide not to come here.
gumby

Post by gumby »

devilswin99 wrote:Has anyone seen HotSaucePancake? We need to get him over here soon!!!
Translation: "I lost my sock!"
97cats

Post by 97cats »

nice to see you all again
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Ditto
gumby

Post by gumby »

Likewise. Right where you want to be?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:nice to see you all again
Your return is to the internet what chicken pot pie is to smells.
gumby

Post by gumby »

And that's saying something ...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bear Down Wildcats is right where it wants to be with 97cats!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Welcome back 97cats
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Last edited by NYCat on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

wurd. this post is a nice sight to see.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Welcome back brother. You were missed.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Welcome back 97. Now let's go win a championship
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Glad you're back. Now get to work! ;)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Just great to see you back, Brother J!!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Pretty cool. Anybody ready for a beer. 8-)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Coach stays!

KCF

Post by KCF »

Welcome back 97. Things will now start to be alright in the world.