kids react to a rotary phone

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

kids react to a rotary phone

Post by ASUHATER! »

[youtube]XkuirEweZvM[/youtube]

Hilarious and depressing. I'm certainly not old (28) and only used a rotary phone a couple times but this video makes me feel ancient. Kids here are like 10 on average and they have no idea what a dial tone is.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ASUHATER!

Re: kids react to a rotary phone

Post by ASUHATER! »

apparently the youtube embedding doesn't work anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuirEweZvM
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote:apparently the youtube embedding doesn't work anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuirEweZvM
They changed it. Paste the embed code now instead of the unique identifier:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

try getting a rotary phone to work(dialing out) with a phone company nowadays...now that's a trick.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Rotary phones are good decoration pieces regardless if they work or not. I am looking for one for a guest room night stand. Ebay has options but the key is finding one at a good price.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Coop Cat wrote:Rotary phones are good decoration pieces regardless if they work or not. I am looking for one for a guest room night stand. Ebay has options but the key is finding one at a good price.
I have one, but it's a "Ready-Made" Neo-Dadaist work of art by Wolf Vostell that set me back a few grand. It's a rotary phone hung upside down by its own chord, and signed by the artist. It's called "Groma (a Sight)."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:try getting a rotary phone to work(dialing out) with a phone company nowadays...now that's a trick.
OK PoM, you made me try it. I have an old rotary phone I picked up at a garage sale some time back where someone had put the modern plug on it. So I plugged it in. And sure enough, it actually did dial out.

That Victrola does work btw.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

All you're missing is an old Singer sewing machine.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:try getting a rotary phone to work(dialing out) with a phone company nowadays...now that's a trick.
OK PoM, you made me try it. I have an old rotary phone I picked up at a garage sale some time back where someone had put the modern plug on it. So I plugged it in. And sure enough, it actually did dial out.
Awesome to hear that. :) (question, does it actually plug right into the wall, or did you have to buy an adapter because the plug style is different than a modern outlet will accept? Mine has to have an adapter)

Wish mine worked to dial out. Maybe if I went to a landline service with uswest...err..qwest..err..century link.. then it would work again. I was so disappointed years ago when I switched to cox and it wouldn't work with them.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Awesome to hear that. :) (question, does it actually plug right into the wall, or did you have to buy an adapter because the plug style is different than a modern outlet will accept? Mine has to have an adapter)

Wish mine worked to dial out. Maybe if I went to a landline service with uswest...err..qwest..err..century link.. then it would work again. I was so disappointed years ago when I switched to cox and it wouldn't work with them.

Someone had already rewired it. I still have a PacBell landline. I want to switch to a internet phone service to replace our landline since we all have cell phones, but my wife is resistant.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote: Someone had already rewired it. I still have a PacBell landline. I want to switch to a internet phone service to replace our landline since we all have cell phones, but my wife is resistant.
Ah cool, I suppose I could have rewired ours, but I liked that it was original (well, minus the wall adapter).

Funnily, the wife is why I'm thinking of getting a landline again. She didn't want to get rid of it in the first place but I convinced her, and then it turns out that our cells now get horrible voice service in our home, and so now she REALLY wants it back. Even though we would hardly use it.