Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Re: Venting Thread

Post by UAdevil »

So...any ideas:
Gotta get 3 pills down sick doggo's throat twice a day for the next 10 days, including a very need pain med. Well, she won't respond to food/pill wrapping/pill pocket etc. She's resists when I try to put em in her mouth and thrashes. When she thrashes she aggravates her 6 very deep puncture wounds and howls in agony as if we're killing her. Next step, wrap her in a blanket, hold her tight but not on wounds, and shove my finger and pills down her gullet and hope for the best. It's been an adventure!
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ugh poor puppy :(
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Grind them up and put it in a liquid maybe.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

We have had good success with peanut butter on the roof of their mouths.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

ONE bite! Just one.

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Holy shit... :o
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Oh poor pup.... damn looks like you got very lucky
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Fuck that's awful. Glad she will recover though. :(
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Those punctures were very deep and ugly...I cannot believe no major blood vessels were impacted, especially the 2 tears in her neck. I'm really surprised she's alive. Also the vet bill was less than quoted because it turned out to not be as penetrative as it looked. My 75% deposit up front ($2400), covered all but an additional $30. We go to her regular vet for an eval and maybe to get staples out on Wednesday.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That is all great news.

She will heal and fur will grow back!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Pups are very resilient, even the small ones
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Wow, heal up little buddy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Images aren't showing up for me, but maybe that's a good thing. As a dog person, those kind of things bother me, esp when I lost a dog to a pit next door. Although I have no problem with pits, my son had one at one time, gentlest dog ever.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:58 pm Image

Images aren't showing up for me, but maybe that's a good thing. As a dog person, those kind of things bother me, esp when I lost a dog to a pit next door. Although I have no problem with pits, my son had one at one time, gentlest dog ever.

It's weird - I can see them on my phone (Samsung browser) but not on my PC (Firefox).
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Probably a Google Photos permissions issue.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I cook dinner 6 out of every 7 nights. Usually by Friday I’m out of ideas/stuff in the fridge to make.

Here is an actual text conversation I had with my wife tonight:

Me: Do you want (local restaurant #1)? Or (local restaurant #2 that serves the same type of food)? I think I want wings for dinner but I’m up for whatever. Even better if I don’t have to get it.

Her: Either is fine.

Me: What do you want for dinner?

Her: Whatever. I’m hungry though.

Me: Which place do you want to order from?

Her: Whichever

Me: YOU ARE FUCKING KILLING ME
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Just know that whatever you choose will be the wrong choice.

Have a great weekend!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It was!

FML
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lol it's like this on steroids now with an increasingly pregnant wife. She had a near meltdown last night and didn't eat dinner until 9 pm cuz none of the 3 tons of food in our house currently was right. Luckily we cook a ton and meal prep lots of extras (and have 3 freezers) so there's always tons of options. She settled for a homemade jalapeno chicken "pizza pocket".
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Ahhh the memories of a hormonal pregnant wife!

The one good thing I remember.... there was a short time during both my wife’s pregnancy’s that she become extremely horny. Take advantage of this time... it dies out quickly!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:44 pm Just know that whatever you choose will be the wrong choice.

Have a great weekend!
I since I've been married for 1,370 years I might be able to add value here in some game film review. It's not so much that your choice will be wrong, rather it's that the right choice was so obvious that your inability to convert the layup is worthy of virulent derision and remorseless pity. My take on women is that they view their own interiority as a thing-in-itself the power and presence of which actuates a commensurate exterior-world phenomenon as real and obvious as your farts. Regardless of context or topic, recognizing this objective thing is your duty, and besides, it's so goddamn obvious to anyone with a pulse that reaches their brain that only an imbecile would fail to make the layup. We men think it requires telepathy (it does), but to her it's a set play and you're Kaleb Tarczewski in the right sealed off position muffing the entry pass under the basket.

Given that Chi turns out the meals, there's a whole set of option-reads at dinnertime that spouses have used over the years as halftime adjustments to the failed entry pass. But that's another discussion altogether.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I bought a used car through Peoria Ford and they secured the loan from the wrong bank. What a pain in the ass.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Feel like they should knock a couple hundred off for being morons
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Speaking of cars. We had to go to Tucson in order to find a replacement battery for our ES hybrid. There. Aren't Any. In. The. Fucking. Phoenix. Valley. Neither are there any Toyota/dealer brand 12v replacement batteries for Toyota hybrids. And don't even ask what the damn things cost.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

My dentist had a Prius and they wanted $9000+ to replace his battery. His mechanic suggested a Chevy Volt and so he bought one. He seemed to like it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My oldest son's girlfriend had a Prius. Think she ended up selling it to a junkyard when it was time for new batteries.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:38 am I bought a used car through Peoria Ford and they secured the loan from the wrong bank. What a pain in the ass.
I used to see it happen all the time. People who have banked with my cu insist on it being funded through us and it still ends up with like Wells Fargo or some crap.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am My dentist had a Prius and they wanted $9000+ to replace his battery. His mechanic suggested a Chevy Volt and so he bought one. He seemed to like it.
These days (2000+ models) Toyota hybrid batteries are warranteed to 10 yrs/150k miles. We have 130k on ours, and our original 12v battery as well. I can't complain about 130k from a factory 12v when other owners are already on their third one, but having a region-wide shortage of them is redonculous. They blame it on Covid and the Suez Canal. $350 for a 12v is fucking steep.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The new windshield they installed in my car has a warp. Gotta do the whole thing again next week. Still, it's cheaper to keep 'er.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/business ... index.html

Tires, battery, windshield, 130k service, and hopefully the virus will obviate a ton of road-trip family visits. Groan

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This past weekend my oldest son was at his friend's house for a birthday sleepover. The parents also had some people over to sit around a fire, and one couple (who happen to live in our neighborhood - small world/town) brought their son who is a year younger than my boy and his friends.

I guess some of the younger kids (the birthday boy's sister's friends) were banging on the bedroom door and annoying the boys who were there to celebrate the birthday. Then a little later the kid who came with his parents who were out by the fire knocked on the door and said something like "pizza delivery". Thinking it was the younger kids again the kid whose house it was said, "go away". So the kid who was knocking on the door goes out to the fire and tells his parents the boys won't let him in to hang out.

The mom apparently went right inside and into the kid's room where she told all of them that they were bullying her son and that she wasn't going to stand for it. My kid, being kind of a loudmouth and one not to take any shit from anyone (which will one day be his downfall I can already tell) starts interrupting her to say that all anyone said was "go away" and they didn't know it was him. She gets mega pissed and starts saying shit like "My son is cool! You guys aren't! You should be happy he wants to hang out with you."

Anyway, apparently she goes back out to the fire and tells her husband about the mouthy little kid who was talking back to her. He then proceeds to go inside, to the kid's room and says, pointing at my son, "Oh, here's the douche. I'll be seeing you around the neighborhood" in a pretty menacing way. The next morning my son said, "Yeah, I totally got threatened by an adult, so that was fun."

Meanwhile, the pissed off mom texts my wife at 11:00pm about how incredibly rude our son is and how he was bullying her son "because if it was my kid I'd want to know". So my wife and I are pissed, thinking our kid was like being totally out of control and ruining his friend's birthday party. She texted the homeowner to see if we needed to come pick him up, the whole nine yards. We get no answer from them so we go to sleep.

Come to find out the next morning from the people whose house the party was at that it was really not a big deal and they were really shocked that she would have texted us about some super lame kid stuff like one kid telling another to "go away". She had no idea why she would do that.

So, this happened on Saturday night. I've been seething ever since. As I mentioned, these people live in my neighborhood. I keep walking my dog past their house but they are never outside.

Holy shit do I want to confront this fucking prick who threatened my kid. I want him to tell me exactly what he was planning to do to my son when he saw him "around the neighborhood". I want to ask him what kind of cowardly fuck threatens an 11-year-old. And then I want to beat the shit out him . . . but I won't. But he needs to know that holy shit do I want to and that he better never come near my son or my family again. Put your fucking home up for sale fucko because you just made an enemy in your own backyard.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Teach your dog shit on his yard.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thought about that, but I'm not passive aggressive. I'd rather teach my dog to shit in his mouth after I knock his ass out.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That sucks Chi. Karen and Ken need to calm the fuck down.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I would feel the same way Chi but you know if you go kick his ass you will be the one that gets in trouble. Be careful even threatening him especially via text. Not like the old days where you can kick someone's ass or tell them to fuck off "or else" and not get in trouble.

Sounds like a douche family so they would just love to turn the tables on you.

Forget your dog...you should take a shit on his lawn.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil, hope your puppy is all recovered now (probably still sore, but i mean cut/infection wise).

Chi, be careful
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 am I would feel the same way Chi but you know if you go kick his ass you will be the one that gets in trouble. Be careful even threatening him especially via text. Not like the old days where you can kick someone's ass or tell them to fuck off "or else" and not get in trouble.

I'd love to, but they have a Ring Doorbell. Last thing I want is my bare shitting ass on Facebook.

Our new culture of 24 hour surveillance and digital footprints has made retribution really fucking hard. Maybe I'll just send him a box of shit in the mail.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:27 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 am I would feel the same way Chi but you know if you go kick his ass you will be the one that gets in trouble. Be careful even threatening him especially via text. Not like the old days where you can kick someone's ass or tell them to fuck off "or else" and not get in trouble.

I'd love to, but they have a Ring Doorbell. Last thing I want is my bare shitting ass on Facebook.

Our new culture of 24 hour surveillance and digital footprints has made retribution really fucking hard. Maybe I'll just send him a box of shit in the mail.
Sign him up for some crazy fetish magazine subscriptions
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Or let the local Jehovah's Witnesses know that he's super interested in getting into heaven.

But unfortunately, the anonymity defeats the purpose. I want him to know it was me and why. I just don't want to get in trouble.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:56 pm

I got it.

Let's somehow get Robbins and Heeke involved in their lives. That would surely fuck them up.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Pupdate:

Her 6 2in+ long wounds are healing nice, but slow. Had to wrap her in hospital scrubs to keep her from trying to open them up. She's on antibiotics and pain meds. We went to her regular vet for a follow up today. She gets stitches out bed week and should make a full recovery in a few weeks. She's a lucky pup.

During the pandemic she put on 4 extra pounds (as have many of us this past year). For reference, she was 18lbs last year, so adding 4 more is quite a bit. Vet said the added girth around her chest is what saved her life. She'll definitely use this data to forswear any diets in the future. Lol.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:06 pm Pupdate:

Her 6 2in+ long wounds are healing nice, but slow. Had to wrap her in hospital scrubs to keep her from trying to open them up. She's on antibiotics and pain meds. We went to her regular vet for a follow up today. She gets stitches out bed week and should make a full recovery in a few weeks. She's a lucky pup.

During the pandemic she put on 4 extra pounds (as have many of us this past year). For reference, she was 18lbs last year, so adding 4 more is quite a bit. Vet said the added girth around her chest is what saved her life. She'll definitely use this data to forswear any diets in the future. Lol.
That's really great to hear. When you first told us what happened . . . well . . . I thought you'd be updating the "Best Dog I Ever Knew" thread. So happy not to see that one bumped!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Awesome.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

From the Get Off My Lawn! file: So much for the vaunted efficiency of business. Our condo buildings are getting window cleaning. The gal on my deck has taken 5 times as long to do the job because she keeps answering her fucking phone and yammering outside the slider and through the drawn blinds echoing into the depths of the house. If these kids turn off their fucking phones their world simply ends. Reminds me of when we were hiking in Death Valley and took a break and drove up to a popular overlook to have lunch. A sullen girl was doing her best to piss on her mother's afternoon, huffing and hunkering in her shell of misery until all of a sudden she leapt into her happy dance ejaculating "Mom! I got 3 bars on my phone!"

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We still haven't received our 3rd stimulus payment.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Speaking of stimulus payments, we got the first one (it went to the wrong state even after our taxes were filed from the new state) and nothing since. I check the IRS website and it has no recognition of us. Sure would like to give it to my MIL again.

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Funny, we didn't get the 1st stimulus but we got the 2nd & 3rd
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

We did get an extra one for our adult dependent college student which we didn't get before, and neither did he. So glad Biden corrected that oversite.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm really fucking tired of pandemic pricing. Not just on new stuff, but on simple used items that people need to pick up for their family.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

PieceOfMeat wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 pm I'm really fucking tired of pandemic pricing. Not just on new stuff, but on simple used items that people need to pick up for their family.
It is getting ridiculous, and we know the "pandemic pricing" will not go back down. Consumer prices only go one direction, when costs go down the prices will just be added margin.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lumber has gone up 300% since the pandemic started.