Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

Went out to the back yard to pick up dog shit and apparently my yard is being used by every animal in the neighborhood.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

On the road to Montana to prep my mother for a move from independent living to assisted living. I haven't felt like this since making the same trip up to take the car keys from my father. I swear on all that is scared, if not for my wife I would be deep in the agony of such love and duty. The great irony and inspiration here is, compared to how poorly my parents have judged my wife, she and her entire family have embraced me well beyond what I deserve, such that I know with her I can be worthy to those who don't deserve her.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

The wife decided that we should foster kittens for the Hermitage shelter here in Tucson...4 kittens for 2 weeks. Well, it's been a month, and not only have we not gotten rid of any yet, she agreed to take in 3 more. 7 kittens. Plus our two cats and my dog. It lunacy.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:26 pm The wife decided that we should foster kittens for the Hermitage shelter here in Tucson...4 kittens for 2 weeks. Well, it's been a month, and not only have we not gotten rid of any yet, she agreed to take in 3 more. 7 kittens. Plus our two cats and my dog. It lunacy.
Hahahaha..... You're a cat lady.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Just replaced the wax ring under the toilet. That's a pleasant job.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Got a letter from BCBS. a 2nd notice that I'd not paid my insurance bill in 2 months.

1. I never got a 1st notice.
2. I'm enrolled in auto-pay
3. BCBS sent me an email on 6/11 saying "funds were not withdrawn as scheduled and will be on 6/16. Do not worry, this will not impact your coverage"
4. Since I'm enrolled in autopay, the app, the website, and the 800# won't let me pay any outstanding balances.
5. I've been on hold for 45 minutes.
6. Fuck.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My wife has been watching "tiny home" shows all evening.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I’ve been waiting at the car dealership for 1.5 hours so far and I’m going insane
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:32 pm I’ve been waiting at the car dealership for 1.5 hours so far and I’m going insane
I've never waited less than 3.5 hours at the car dealership.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

As I understand it right now there is such a shortage of inventory that dealerships can do just about anything to you that pleases them. Also, I hear that dealerships are offering to buy back popular models of used vehicles for more than was paid for those models when new simply in order to promote purchases of new models which they have priced over MSRP because of said inventory shortage. If there is any possible way to wait 18 months to buy a new car, do it.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The house we are living in now has a big farmhouse sink with the drain/disposal in the middle instead of dual sinks with the disposal on one side.

As near as I can figure, the purpose of the farmhouse sink is to trap food and gunk in the corners, causing you to have to hose down and scrape everything towards the drain/disposal 3 or 4 times a day.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

it never fails

scrimp and save and get just a little bit of 'extra' money in the bank, hoping to get some issues taken care of, and then life throws a big fat middle finger in your face and forces you to spend that 'extra' money on more pressing matters

sigh
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Flights delayed 2 hours. Awesome.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Came home to no A/C. :x
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Ugly.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:59 pm Came home to no A/C. :x
Status update?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:45 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:59 pm Came home to no A/C. :x
Status update?
Fixed. Bad sensor in air handler.

Wife and daughter were at the mall and movies. Probably good I got home when I did for the dog's sake.
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Do you use Alaskan?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:03 pm Do you use Alaskan?
We are renting and the property management company sent out Arizona Air.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

My sister works for a psychopath and it is really pissing me off. She works 50 hours a week at this job. She’s paid very well. But there’s zero accountability from the other employees and the owner subscribes to the theory that chaos and anarchy are good motivators since nobody gets comfortable. So he’s always creating drama, blowing up at people, firing people, threatening to fire them, and accusing people of stealing.

He has single-handedly ruined two of my sister’s few trips out of town.

Now, you may ask, why would she put up with it? Well, she’s a single mom of 2 without any official certification or degrees who makes 80% more than the local hourly wage average.

But I can tell it’s draining her. Right now the industry job requires she goes in at 3 am and work until about 1-2 pm. However, she’s on phone duty until about 4 pm. And even into the evening the foreman and owner may contact her. And most of the time it is to solve a problem or to create a problem.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s a great job market out there, even for people who don’t have college degrees.

This may be overstepping your bounds, but maybe just start doing a little job hunting for her? If you send her a bunch of jobs she’s qualified to handle based on her experience, maybe she’ll realize she has some options and doesn’t have to submit to being abused?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Today is my last day working as a freelancer.

It’s also my clients first ever live event.

She is a Christian life coach. She was hoping to have about 500 people attend... combined live and via zoom... the total ended up being less than 30

This poor women is spending over 10 grand on AV alone... she never downsided her ballroom size or AV needs and specs... it’s so ridiculous and I don’t really know how she’s paying for this... but it’s in Jesus hands now
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Jesus take the wheel!
-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Jesus works in mysterious ways. They will find the money.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:39 am It’s a great job market out there, even for people who don’t have college degrees.

This may be overstepping your bounds, but maybe just start doing a little job hunting for her? If you send her a bunch of jobs she’s qualified to handle based on her experience, maybe she’ll realize she has some options and doesn’t have to submit to being abused?
I did that a few years back for her. I am always looking, but nothing pays like this where she is and due to custody she isn’t moving. She also has many visible tattoos and face piercings. So I have been told by some that they like her on paper but she’s the wrong look for them.

Good news is the ownership is a husband and wife and the husband gave majority ownership to wife for tax breaks and she is the sensible one, so, her job is safe. But the environment isn’t good.

She has a friend opening a yoga studio/physical rehabilitation facility who wants my sister to be a highly paid Jack of all traded admin, but that’s probably 6 months from now as she builds clients, facility, etc.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Having a degree for a lot of vague, corporate type jobs is vastly overrated. In fact, most of the people I work with that have master's degrees or went straight into some mid level management job after college suck. They're barely literate, incompetent at using email, can't multitask, and can't form a complete logical thought in their head.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And then there are those with an U of A degree.

:roll:
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Some asshole stole an Amazon order off of our front porch. What prize did he get? Shipping bolts for our washer. Enjoy your shipping bolts asshole!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:08 pm
Longhorned wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:03 pm Do you use Alaskan?
We are renting and the property management company sent out Arizona Air.

Happened again today. Tech couldn't make it out so he walked me through the fix. Water sensor keeps getting dorked up from the humidity.

How much should I charge for a service call?
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Nobody could talk me through that.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fucking neighbors shooting off fireworks. Dog is freaking out.
-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

First 4th of July at my house in the burbs and holy hell every other house has an arsenal.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah it's out of hand. My kid asked if we're being bombed by the Confederacy.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

My dog used to be absolutely devastated by fireworks. Inconsolable. It gutted me as a kid.

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:07 pm My dog used to be absolutely devastated by fireworks. Inconsolable. It gutted me as a kid.
I hear you.

One of my roommates came back from Nogales with a shitton of firecrackers and then spent a weekend (when I was away) throwing them at my dog (a registered Irish Setter) and tormented him half to death - he had a dog too so he was actually tormenting them both.

After that he was terrified of any loud noise. In the summer I had to tie him up to his dog house in the back yard when I went to work or at the first sound of thunder he would go absolutely nuts. One day I forgot and a storm rolled through in the early afternoon. I was in the staff cafeteria on the 7th floor (IIRC) of City Hall, and I said to the guy I was with "well my dog just went over the first fence" (we had a second fence to enclose my other roommates car he was restoring), and a few seconds later "OK, he's over the second fence and who knows where he'll be when I get home". I was right, and we never found him. Somebody got a great dog.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

My neighborhood was a war zone last night. It felt like we were the only ones not shooting off our own fireworks
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I picked up some CBD for my dogs at the local pet store. It worked great.

But I have never seen more professional fireworks outside my house ever.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Looks like a WW2 bombing attack, but then again, even in my little town, it was worse than that.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

That was the view from the 26th floor of our condo building looking south over San Antonio. I always thought of Baghdad at the start of the Gulf War.

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Marie Kondo tells everyone to get rid of everything in the house the doesn't "spark joy", and after that's all gone, she starts up a website selling a bunch of crap to our wives to fill the house back up.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Someone let their tiny foo foo little asshole of a dog shit all over the sidewalk right in front of my house.

Nothing like stepping in dog shit to start your morning with a bang.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Just spent almost 3 hours parked on southbound I-17 north of Sunset Point due to an accident. That was nice.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 pm Just spent almost 3 hours parked on southbound I-17 north of Sunset Point due to an accident. That was nice.
That fucking gauntlet needs an enema.

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

So the upstairs A/C went on the blink in 90+ degree weather so spent a nice chunk of change yesterday on 3lbs of freon to get it going.

Today the temperature dropped 20 degrees...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You’ll be happy when you get that mid-September heat wave.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Just found out my sister who is 44 has heart failure and the doctors haven't been able to find out why yet. If they can't get it back to normal soon she will need a heart transplant. Life isn't fair sometimes.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No it definitely isn’t. Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts Lando.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That sucks Lando. Praying everything works out for your sister.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That’s horrible Lando… thinking good thoughts for you and your family