Global Bear Downs

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Global Bear Downs

Post by Puerco »

Alright, which one of you threw a Bear Down my way on the path between Corniglia and Vernazza this morning?

I love being a Wildcat. Where is the oddest place you've ever gotten a Bear Down?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Alieberman

Re: Global Bear Downs

Post by Alieberman »

Puerco wrote:
I love being a Wildcat. Where is the oddest place you've ever gotten a Bear Down?
In my bedroom.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

This thread just makes me wonder what happened to GlobalCat. Solid poster.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I love this thread.

Some random bar during march madness in Buenos aires Argentina.

Global cat is taking a break, he be back eventually, I think
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I got one on the beach in Jamaica last year
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Just Vegas.

I wore my 1997 National Champions T-shirt three times in Cambridge and on trains all through England the summer after it happened and got nothing but clueless stares.

People aren't always as naturally curious as you'd hope.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Never once. I give 'em out constantly, but nobody's commented on my Arizona gear since like 1989, unless it's a rival fan who disparages Lute Olson to me.

I once wore an Illinois shirt in Phoenix, and people fawned all over me.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bathroom at Sky Harbor Airport.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:Bathroom at Sky Harbor Airport.
He said, "Bare down."
Right where I want to be.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Saw about six Michigan people, a WSU guy and a Utah guy on the trail today. Maybe Virginia Tech too - couldn't see the logo, but who else would wear such an ugly color combination? PAC representing well.

Cinque Terre's a strange place. All the trails were full of Americans, and all the towns were full of Germans. Do they know something we don't?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

on a cruise to mexico like 7 years ago i saw at least 5-6 people wearing the same zona zoo shirt as me. 3 of them i recognized from the ASUA offices.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Lubbock, Texas
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sidewinder wrote:Lubbock, Texas
Were you in Lubbock on purpose?
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

It's a long story
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

On the way up to the top of Il Duomo in Florence. Bought the guy a birra.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Same here when I was in Florence. And Eloy.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Monaco
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Got a Bear Down at the Pilot Inn on the Greenwich Peninsula outside London while enjoying some Fuller's beers before a concert. Guy was an international student at UA in the 90s.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I gave a combo "Go Cats. Bear Down." to a guy on a bicycle in the Chinese drive-thru the other night. He was wearing a t-shirt with a huge block A on the front. Blank stare. No clue. Then again, he was on his bike in a Chinese drive-thru . . .

Otherwise, I haven't been anywhere far afield lately. I get 'em all the time around here though, and I always give Pac-12 love, except to asswhos, when I see our conference rivals about.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:
azgreg wrote:Bathroom at Sky Harbor Airport.
He said, "Bare down."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Does this count? This guy is in Australia.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Cactuscat

Post by Cactuscat »

While in Austin, Tx. a few weeks ago. My wife and I were walking around the capital building, and this dude comes up to me like he has something important to say to me, and whispers a beardown to me.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Had a couple of beers downtown after work last night across from the office at a bar on the Grove next to the Century Link Arena. The place was swarming with youngsters lined up for the G Easy show - white rapper, never heard of him. The area was packed though. Anyway, was wearing my AZ beanie walking to the parking garage and I got a big Bear Down from a random young kid in the crowd. High-fived him and kept on moving through the crowd.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Costco Sacramento today.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

On the top level at Angkor Wat a few years ago.

Not many 'tourist must sees' that I need to go back to. Angkor Wat is one of them. Beautiful place and great people.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Alone on Mars, and this botanist rolls up in a Rover and says, "Bear Down!"

Then he drove off. Been kinda lonesome ever since.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Alone on Mars, and this botanist rolls up in a Rover and says, "Bear Down!"

He actually just needed you to poop more so he could grow the next patch of potatoes.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:Alone on Mars, and this botanist rolls up in a Rover and says, "Bear Down!"

He actually just needed you to poop more so he could grow the next patch of potatoes.
:lol:

I chased after him, and sprained an ankle. He says, "Yep, you're a Wildcat."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rolling through bucolic downtown Griffith, Indiana yesterday when I see an old black dude getting out of a parked car wearing an Arizona football jersey. So I roll down the window and yell out, "BEAR DOWN!!!"

He ducked.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Rolling through bucolic downtown Griffith, Indiana yesterday when I see an old black dude getting out of a parked car wearing an Arizona football jersey. So I roll down the window and yell out, "BEAR DOWN!!!"

He ducked.
:lol: A gift
97cats

Post by 97cats »

every time i see Arizona gear i say 'Go Cats' -- did so just last week to a guy walking with his chick on the peninsula
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Was on a cruise from L.A. up to Vancouver last month and ran into quite a few Arizona fans. One man and his wife have football season tickets directly behind my new seats. Met a couple also who's daughter is a baton twirler at the U of A and they have seats that are on the 45 (I'm on the 50) and a couple rows down. Small world. Arizona fans everywhere.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Got four "Go Cats!" and "Bear Down"s on the trail to Crater Lake at Maroon Bells in Colorado yesterday. Love wearing UA gear.

Unfortunately I'm seated next to an ASU mom on this flight and I'm about to get air sick all over her awful fucking sparky sweatshirt...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Got four "Go Cats!" and "Bear Down"s on the trail to Crater Lake at Maroon Bells in Colorado yesterday. Love wearing UA gear.

Unfortunately I'm seated next to an ASU mom on this flight and I'm about to get air sick all over her awful fucking sparky sweatshirt...
Try not to use any big words around her. She won't understand.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:Got four "Go Cats!" and "Bear Down"s on the trail to Crater Lake at Maroon Bells in Colorado yesterday. Love wearing UA gear.

Try not to use any big words around her. She won't understand.
She's been eyeing my phone as I use it so I just did a Twitter search for pictures of Courtney Simpson.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I threw out a Bear Down a couple weeks ago in Montepulciano, Italy. Some old dude wearing a UA cap. He didn't speak any English so had to get his daughter to come translate, but turns out he was really proud of his cap because his name was embroidered on the back. :)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Pool at the LV mirage last week.

Teenager at fishermans wharf two weekends ago.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Guy in a grocery store in La Pine, OR last week
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Got a Go Cats, Bear Down and wildcat hand symbol gesture thing from a guy in the grocery store last week, and then I met a kid working out at the Y yesterday who graduated in 2014 that gave me a Bear Down.

Don't know exactly when this happened, but driving home from the mechanic after having a bunch of work done on my truck last week, I noticed that someone had written "SU Sundevils" under the block A sticker on my windshield. Looked like it was written in Sharpie. Freaked me out. Was able to wipe that shit off there as soon as I got home.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Graffiti is a gateway crime. Be thankful he didn't stick around to steal your phone and wallet.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

BearDown89 wrote:Don't know exactly when this happened, but driving home from the mechanic after having a bunch of work done on my truck last week, I noticed that someone had written "SU Sundevils" under the block A sticker on my windshield. Looked like it was written in Sharpie. Freaked me out. Was able to wipe that shit off there as soon as I got home.
Hah. I'll remember that one. There is somebody driving around Melbourne with an ASU bumper sticker - next time I see the car, if I have a (nonpermanent) texta of some sort I just might be tempted.

I always figured the car is related to Paul Davies somehow or the other.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Guy in a grocery store in La Pine, OR last week
I was on vacation recently on the northern Oregon coast. I made a concerted attempt to wear Arizona stuff all the time and met a few Wildcat fans and Tucsonans. Ran into an ASU fan at the Astoria column who talked some good natured trash. I told him I'd let it slide because we wouldn't be beating them until basketball and football season rolled around.

It's always important to rep the Cats on vacations.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Was in San Diego yesterday visiting my youngest son.

Got a "Bear Down" at a MMJ doctor by the tech working there. He said he was a student during the 97 year!

On the way home this morning stopped at an La Mesa Arco station to get gas, and some young woman at another pump yelled "Bear down!".
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

I was volunteering at the Derek Jeter Celebrity golf tournament here in Las Vegas this morning. Had to wear one of the tournament shirts but I had my Arizona hat on. Threw out a Bear Down to Kenny Lofton when he came by the 18th green. He looked up, saw my hat, broke out into a huge grin, and gave me a Bear Down right back. Would have taken a picture of the two of us but we weren't allowed to take any pics while volunteering.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

That's awesome vegascat.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Shot a guy wearing a sweet UA polo a Bear Down this morning at a cafe downtown. Got a smile and a fist bump for my trouble.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:Shot a guy wearing a sweet UA polo
Chicago, sigh. Good thing Trump is going to fix things.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:Shot a guy wearing a sweet UA polo
Chicago, sigh. Good thing Trump is going to fix things.
:lol:
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

The day of the Xavier game, i spotted a guy with a block A on hit hat through a pub window in chicago. Went in and we exchanged Beardowns.

Yesterday, standing in the immigration queue at Vancouver Airport (back and forth, back and forth, etc ad infinitum) a guy not UA, kept passing me complaining we had ruined his bracket. Never did find out who he backed, but he said he had Duke and UNC in the final, so fuck him, even if he was half wrong.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yes! Wearing my red block a hat, at Kids soccer, from a class of 2000 alum! Sacramento Ca.