Burning Questions ...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Reydituto

Burning Questions ...

Post by Reydituto »

So Many Burning Questions ...

1.) Did UADevil & JMJ actually just pull this off in 6 weeks, transplanting 90%+ of the core of an existing online community into a new, fully functional corner of the interwebs? Or am I seeing things?

2.) How long before JS actually realizes no one is coming back and TOS Free Board in VBulletin format shuts down for good? New posts in ONLY 72 threads over the last 6 weeks (not counting the "spam" an hour or so ago), and ~5 out of every 6 "New Posts" (350/422, 83.3%) during that period being "GOAZCATS.com Headlines" posts do not an active board make. I give the Over/Under Date of November 15, when no one (besides the 5 screaming mimis still there) posts after the first UA BB game of the season. I don't think ego allows him to shut it down before then.

3.) Will Chicat or Merkin set the posting volume standard for all to follow? Chicat has an early lead (783-574 as of Sunday 7/20/14, 7:35PM MST), but will it last, or well Chi set a new bar that no one can assail?

4.) Is that 4Life guy 4 Real? I don't even think he's Percy either, but a new pernicious character. I would think making his "list" is a rite of passage for this board ...

5.) Who will be UA's QB come Game 1? My money's already on Scroggins, but I'm hearing that money may be lost with Solomon coming on ...

6.) How many of the classic TOS threads do we really need to transplant or regrow here? I think we all know that they won't be preserved in amber on TOS, but as someone else suggested (can't remember who, but proper credit is owed), it's the future content more than the past content that will stabilize and grow this community. I see most of the main ones on UA FB & BB recruiting have been started (although someone should migrate the Old School BB Thread in it's entirety, good work there that shouldn't be lost), and I'd like to see some topics restarted/continued here, such as a Beer thread (can't believe no one's started that yet), the various liquor-related threads, Tucson restaurants (phenom5 doing good work already), various restaurant & travel guides to other cities, and a few other GD & non-UA sports gems that were still active this year on TOS, but many of the "classic" threads should probably remain "classic" on TOS IMO. In any event, I'll probably be adding a few threads that were started on the other site with some updated thoughts and content here, but I promise I will show restraint, and am generally looking forward to the development of this board.

7.) Why am I using almost every gardening and plant growing analogy possible?

8.) How long before the Idi Amin of Arizona Message Boards (I won't name him here) attacks both this site and the ashes of TOS?

9.) Who is next to commit to UA Basketball? Rabb? Comanche? Swanigan? Trier? Briscoe? Zimmerman? I have my thoughts, but I'll save them for later ...

10.) Has anyone told Jessie Wildcat of this place?

11.) When can we have some of the UA & ASU-themed smilies here? Is that on the agenda?

12.) Is this forum the death of the Multi-Quote?

13.) In retrospect, how did this happen? I mean, I know how it all happened, but really, would any of you have ever believed that the all-time GOAZCATS Meltdown would have been perpetrated by none other than the founder? I've never seen anything like it, and for me it rivals German 7:1 Brazil as the most shocking event of this summer.

14.) Finally, how long does the Honeymoon last here? I'm willing to let bygones be bygones with the few selected message board posters with whom I've had guff, buck, flapdoodle, quarrel, quibble or other forms of internet malevolence, but my sense is that at the first sign of discord long memories will return. I come in peace, conviviality and esprit de corps with my fellow UA fans and other sports fanatics. My sincere hope is that everyone else does the same ...

Always,

Rey
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
ASUHATER!

Re: Burning Questions ...

Post by ASUHATER! »

glad you're here. the honeymoon is on for a while since we can do what we want here. you can even cuss! shit!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Also there is a beer thread!
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

scumdevils86 wrote:Also there is a beer thread!

Where? Do the admins have merging powers?
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Reydituto wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Also there is a beer thread!

Where? Do the admins have merging powers?
http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtop ... f=11&t=119
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Deleted my beer post, and re-posted it in the ongoing thread ... Carry On ...
Salty

Post by Salty »

The multi-quote function is probably dead.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Why so late to the game Rey? You couldn't have been doing something better with your time I'm sure.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why did I think this thread was going to be about some kind of super venereal disease that just popped up in Dumpe?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

[quote="Reydituto"] ...someone should migrate the Old School BB Thread in it's entirety, good work there that shouldn't be lost)....

Amen
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

It IS pretty amazing. So glad the bulk of the community was able to be kept in tact. I'm pretty sure It will only get better once the school year starts.
prh

Post by prh »

Reydituto wrote: 12.) Is this forum the death of the Multi-Quote?
Multi-quote is still here...
Salty wrote:The multi-quote function is probably dead.
It's just a little different...
ASUHATER! wrote:glad you're here. the honeymoon is on for a while since we can do what we want here. you can even cuss! shit!
When you go to post a reply, scroll down and the previous posts are listed in reverse order. Click the quote button and it gets inserted at your cursor.
KCF

Post by KCF »

Now that Rey is here I can honestly say everything is alright in the world.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

What's the deal with Funyuns? If you had to guess a gender identity for them, what would it be?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

prh wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:glad you're here. the honeymoon is on for a while since we can do what we want here. you can even cuss! shit!
When you go to post a reply, scroll down and the previous posts are listed in reverse order. Click the quote button and it gets inserted at your cursor.
To make it even easier in the bottom right there is button 'expand view' which is easier to read posts (full screen)
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

About damn time Rey! Where the hell you been?
KCF wrote:Now that Rey is here I can honestly say everything is alright in the world.
Feels better doesn't it.

Welcome Rey, glad you made it over!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Looking forward to Rey's first Bear Down Wildcats epic multi-quote. Welcome Rey!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good to see you Rey!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The more things change with Rey, the more they stay the same. :) Hail, Di Tuto!
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Reydituto wrote:So Many Burning Questions ...
So far, I have definitive answers to #1 (Yes, Absolutely Yes, UADevil & JMJ pulled it off) and #12 (Channeling Twain, reports of the Multi-Quote's demise were premature, but it is a power that must only be used for good), have guesstimates about #2 (11 active non-GOAZ-Headline threads in the last 7 days, a slight uptick in activity but not changing the O/U of 11/15), #3 (My money's on Chicat, continuing to lead the pack with 872, 6.62% of all posts here, Spaceman Spiff roaring into 2nd with 686 edging Merkin down to 3rd with 682, and ASUHATER! a respectable 4th with 629 - I am lurking just outside the Top 100), #6 (I like the steady pace of what seems to be "natural selection" going on as this board evolves, still need the Old-School thread tho) and #9 (I'm thinking a "2", although Comanche may beat him to it), and the jury is still out on the rest of them.

One thing I do know is I like it here.
Crap!

(Oh wait, that doesn't count.)

Ass!

There. That feels better ...
Not so fast my friend! ... This MQ is better than #buttcheeklubesecks
Alieberman wrote:Why so late to the game Rey? You couldn't have been doing something better with your time I'm sure.
Don't be so sure Ari ... Ornithology is quite the hobby!
Chicat wrote:Why did I think this thread was going to be about some kind of super venereal disease that just popped up in Dumpe?
Probably should have been in retrospect, huh ...
prh wrote:
PRH!

I thank you, and I promise to use it in tasteful moderation ...
KCF wrote:Now that Rey is here I can honestly say everything is alright in the world.
You're too kind. You still going to do vids every now and then (& post links here) or did you retire as King and never look back?
Spaceman Spiff wrote:What's the deal with Funyuns? If you had to guess a gender identity for them, what would it be?
"Hey! Now Spiff we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. But what if it were made of barbeque spare ribs would you eat it then? I know I would. Heck I'd have seconds. Then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser! I would do it.
BearDown89 wrote:About damn time Rey! Where the hell you been?

... Welcome Rey, glad you made it over!
Thanks BD89! Truth be told, I was in a multi-Vacation and World Cup-induced media blackout that started around the same time everyone left TOS. Back in real life now, which includes talking sports and other rubbish with yous guys ...
ANGCatFan wrote:Looking forward to Rey's first Bear Down Wildcats epic multi-quote. Welcome Rey!
Well, not so epic here, we'll save that for something that really matters, like UA Football ...
azcat49 wrote:Good to see you Rey!
Great to see you too J. You must feel like you left your warden gig at the Funny Farm to go on permanent vacation over here ...
catgrad97 wrote:The more things change with Rey, the more they stay the same. :) Hail, Di Tuto!
Et Tu King George!

(Trying to shoehorn a sugar tax reference here, just not working ...)