Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Kansas

Post by ASUHATER! »

No he probably will. Definitely over Mr. Assless chaps.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Still won gold. No one cares what a wug is. Fiba is worldwide and the stepping stone to that team USA job when coach K retires.
Miller won't get the USA job when Coach K retires.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... sity-games
Why, because Self won gold with basically his own team and Miller won gold with a group of high schoolers who'd never played together before?

I guess the WUG teams aren't quite on the North Iowa, VCU, Stanford or Wichita State level. I guess it wouldn't have been fair to the world to send the best team in the state of Kansas to play in the WUG, though.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Still won gold. No one cares what a wug is. Fiba is worldwide and the stepping stone to that team USA job when coach K retires.

Why, because Self won gold with basically his own team and Miller won gold with a group of high schoolers who'd never played together before?

I guess the WUG teams aren't quite on the North Iowa, VCU, Stanford or Wichita State level. I guess it wouldn't have been fair to the world to send the best team in the state of Kansas to play in the WUG, though.
First off, the last place team playing in the WUG would probably win the PAC 16 title this year.
Second, where did I say Self would get the USA job?
Third, my point is that there are many coaches more qualified for the gig, than Miller. Again, those substitution patterns were atrocious and called out during the broadcasts as head scratchers.
Fourth, why do you hate the USA? Get behind the gold medal winners, brah.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Silver Medal in the state of Kansas
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What is the Pac 16?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:What is the Pac 16?
A typo.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:

First off, the last place team playing in the WUG would probably win the PAC 16 title this year.
Third, my point is that there are many coaches more qualified for the gig, than Miller. Again, those substitution patterns were atrocious and called out during the broadcasts as head scratchers.
I remember you talking tough about the Pac before y'all lost to Stanford, Colorado, etc...

I figured saying Miller wouldn't get it, then posting a link to the WUG results implied Self was a better choice. If it was just connecting two things with no connection, cool.

I don't hate the USA. I just feel this great nation deserves representation by a team that can make the Sweet 16, is the best team in its state, etc.

What does it say to foreign powers when all we put forth is this? Thanks, Obama.

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

enfuego wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:

So but when this TEAM USA shows up rocking KANSAS garbage its not TEAM USA BRAH!!!!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

SCCats wrote:Silver Medal in the state of Kansas
Yep
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Has anyone heard of the World University Games before this? Did anybody in Kansas knew they existed prior? Way to go beating the Berlin University Bombers in the title game enfuego.
This 2013 all-star roster finished 9th in 2013.

http://www.usab.com/mens/world-universi ... oster.aspx

Do you hate the USA? Why are you downplaying the USA's 2015 WUG Gold?
Lol I'm not downplaying it, I genuinely have never heard of the competition before now, and I doubt anyone from the state of Kansas has either before USA Basketball got lazy and just said "Here Bill, take your actual team and do whatever you want." I don't hate the USA obviously, but the University of Kansas can certainly screw off. More often than not they screw themselves though. I'm proud of you guys getting past the 2nd round in a tournament though, major accomplishment for you guys.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Has anyone heard of the World University Games before this? Did anybody in Kansas knew they existed prior? Way to go beating the Berlin University Bombers in the title game enfuego.

Lol I'm not downplaying it, I genuinely have never heard of the competition before now, and I doubt anyone from the state of Kansas has either before USA Basketball got lazy and just said "Here Bill, take your actual team and do whatever you want." I don't hate the USA obviously, but the University of Kansas can certainly screw off. More often than not they screw themselves though. I'm proud of you guys getting past the 2nd round in a tournament though, major accomplishment for you guys.
1995 - A collection of nobodies:

1995 USA MEN'S WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES TEAM ROSTER
NAME
POS
HGT
WGT
Ray Allen
G
6-5
Connecticut Dalzell, SC
Chucky Atkins
G
5-10
South Florida Orlando, FL
Austin Croshere
C
6-9
Providence Col. Los Angeles, CA
Tim Duncan
C
6-10
Wake Forest St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Brian Evans
F
6-8
Indiana Terre Haute, IN
Jerod Haase
G
6-3
Kansas South Lake Tahoe, CA
Othella Harrington
C
6-9
Georgetown Jackson, MS
Allen Iverson
G
6-1
Georgetown Hampton, VA
Kerry Kittles
G
6-5
Villanova New Orleans, LA
Jason Lawson
C
6-11
Villanova Philadelphia, PA
Charles O'Bannon
G
6-6
UCLA Lakewood, CA
Lorenzen Wright
C
6-11
Memphis Memphis, TN
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

1995 - A collection of nobodies:
Wow this must be the most important international tournament of all time, because 20 years ago they fielded a team with a few would be hall of famers. Thank god Bill Self saved the U.S.'s reputation in the basketball world. Olympics eat your heart out.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I forgot how skinny Kerry Kittles was.

Mainly because it happened so long ago.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I forgot how skinny Kerry Kittles was.

I forgot Jerod Haase even existed. Probably because he turned out to be nothing post-college much like most Kansas guards.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I forgot how skinny Kerry Kittles was.

I forgot Jerod Haase even existed. Probably because he turned out to be nothing post-college much like most Kansas guards.
Iverson, Duncan and Allen. Outside of those three, I doubt I've thought about any player on that team since 2010. Some really odd and sad stories in that bunch.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Merkin wrote:
Freaking awesome
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

When you get owned on Twitter by John Gambadoro, it really shows the value of your Kansas education.

Good riddance to this Jayhawk POS:

Recapping Marcus Morris' Busy Day On The Internet

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2015/07/31/m ... n-twitter/
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Cheick Diallo:
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

What a pro.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

UAdevil wrote: What a pro.
Both brothers are pussies. Always have been, always will be. Can't wait for the Suns to completely rid themselves of KU's trash.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:hey man, enfuego's proud that some dude in uttar pradesh, india from the fropky "informative zone" has ranked ku above us in something -- alongside the celebrity gossip, ringtones, email jokes, and other robot generated-content on that fake website. don't rain on his parade.
I'm waiting for the fropky fantasy basketball season preview to see if I should draft Joel Embiid.
I'm waiting on their analysis on whether I should draft Brandon Ashley?

Serious question... does Ashley and Tarczewski's inability to get drafted hurt UA with recruiting future post talent?
Serious answer...TJ Leaf is already committed and he's a better 4 than you'll land in the 2016 class. Arizona also likely has two NBA centers on its roster next year who won't even start.
Bump. :D
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bump. Just lost Ferguson to Alabama, a reknowned basketball school. :D
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:Bump. Just lost Ferguson to Alabama, a reknowned basketball school. :D
Not going to lie. Our 2016 class isn't looking good.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Bump. Just lost Ferguson to Alabama, a reknowned basketball school. :D
Not going to lie. Our 2016 class isn't looking good.
Join the club . . . but it's early.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

It's actually nice to see that the top players are picking schools outside the top 5 or 6 programs.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Beachcat97 wrote:It's actually nice to see that the top players are picking schools outside the top 5 or 6 programs.
Like Lonzo Ball?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Lightfoot has visited Stanford and Utah and will visit St. John’s on Oct. 2 and Arizona on Oct. 10 before reaching a final decision.

Lightfoot and his family members hosted Self, Roberts and Kurtis Townsend on Sunday. He told Jayhawk slant the in-home visit was “freaking amazing. Coach Self is so awesome and he cleared up a lot of stuff for me during our visit together. It was just an awesome visit.”

Lightfoot wrote on Twitter: “Great in home visit with coach Self and Kansas. I’ll be in Lawrence on Thursday night — Rock Chalk Jayhawk.”
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

enfuego wrote:Anyone know anything about this kid?

Lightfoot has visited Stanford and Utah and will visit St. John’s on Oct. 2 and Arizona on Oct. 10 before reaching a final decision.

Lightfoot and his family members hosted Self, Roberts and Kurtis Townsend on Sunday. He told Jayhawk slant the in-home visit was “freaking amazing. Coach Self is so awesome and he cleared up a lot of stuff for me during our visit together. It was just an awesome visit.”

Lightfoot wrote on Twitter: “Great in home visit with coach Self and Kansas. I’ll be in Lawrence on Thursday night — Rock Chalk Jayhawk.”
I'm pretty intrigued with this kid. May just walk away from campus this weekend committing to KU.

Mitch Lightfoot was born in KC and grew up a KU fan...

“My mom, while in the middle of things during the in-home visit, said, ‘Mitch, pinch me,’’’ Lightfoot told Jayhawkslant.com. “I mean, coach Self was in my kitchen this morning eating breakfast with us. I was like, ‘Okay. Well, that’s awesome.’ We were watching the Chiefs game and just having a good time together. How many times does that happen?”

Lightfoot, who averaged 17.9 points, 9.7 rebounds, 6.8 steals and 4.8 blocks last season for Div. II Arizona state champion Gilbert Christian.

Lightfoot, whose other finalists are Stanford, Utah and St. John’s, had a breakout summer on the AAU circuit, playing for Arizona Power Black. “I think I found the next Sam Dekker. Even same haircut. His name: Mitch Lightfoot,” ESPN’s Jeff Goodman wrote in July after watching Lightfoot at an AAU tourney.

Noted ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla to Sporting News: "His athleticism is off the charts.”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2015/sep/ ... sit-today/
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

that's certainly a possibility, fuegs. there has been some buzz around twitter recently that a certain sociopathic drug dealer over on another board covertly deleted his "guaranteed prediction" of lightfoot to Arizona...

i didn't know ML was very high on ku fans' radar. so perry's finally graduating, eh? think leaf is a possibility, or is ucla a foregone conclusion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dirtbags wrote:that's certainly a possibility, fuegs. there has been some buzz around twitter recently that a certain sociopathic drug dealer over on another board covertly deleted his "guaranteed prediction" of lightfoot to Arizona...

i didn't know ML was very high on ku fans' radar. so perry's finally graduating, eh? think leaf is a possibility, or is ucla a foregone conclusion?

Don't think Leaf is a real possibility for Kansas and haven't really read anything that says otherwise other than I believe the staff did an in-home visit with him, I think. As far as Lightfoot, I think we offered him a couple of months ago, but didn't read anything more until recently so started looking for info on him. We lose Ellis, Traylor and Mickelson this year and Diallo is likely one and done, so we need some post depth, which is what I think Lightfoot provides.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The file on Lightfoot is a recruit who "out-efforts" everyone on the court. His three-star ranking suggests limited talent for a usual Kansas or Arizona recruit, but when you have a scholarship to give, a player who pushes others to work harder is an asset. In addition to the limited talent level, another limiting factor is that he's undersized for his natural position at the 5. He's 6'7" and can guard bigs in the block as best he can, but he's lost guarding quicker 4's on the perimeter.

With Stanford on him, I don't know why Arizona and Kansas are in the conversation. He isn't a future pro, and Stanford gives him a Stanford education and playing time.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:

The file on Lightfoot is a recruit who "out-efforts" everyone on the court. His three-star ranking suggests limited talent for a usual Kansas or Arizona recruit, but when you have a scholarship to give, a player who pushes others to work harder is an asset. In addition to the limited talent level, another limiting factor is that he's undersized for his natural position at the 5. He's 6'7" and can guard bigs in the block as best he can, but he's lost guarding quicker 4's on the perimeter.

With Stanford on him, I don't know why Arizona and Kansas are in the conversation. He isn't a future pro, and Stanford gives him a Stanford education and playing time.
That's a consistent analysis from the limited write-ups I've read on his game. It was interesting in an article I linked which stated he could develop into a 3.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That's weird. You can't teach or develop lateral quickness. If he can't even guard a 4 now, why talk about developing him into a 3?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

So by some accounts he is the "next Sam Dekker" and "his athleticism is off the charts," and others suggesting he does not have the athleticism to guard a 4 on the perimeter... There's a reason Miller and Self are after this kid, and it's not desperation.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce wrote:So by some accounts he is the "next Sam Dekker" and "his athleticism is off the charts," and others suggesting he does not have the athleticism to guard a 4 on the perimeter... There's a reason Miller and Self are after this kid, and it's not desperation.
There's absolutely a reason why. There's a scholarship available for a four-year player with intangibles, and who will work harder than everyone and help build the culture of your program over the years. But if his assets were off the charts, he wouldn't have three of five stars coming out of high school.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

An athletic 6'7 guy who can knock down the 3 and has by many accounts, good to excellent athleticism, and at least somewhat of a low post pedigree. I'm reading 6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan. So Bash has an inch on him and an inch or two on reach. Bash was the more highly regarded player for obvious reasons, but I see the huge appeal Lightfoot has in addition to what you said (which I completely agree with). I can also see why he's rated at 3 stars. A 6'7 guy with good to excellent athleticism, a proven hustle guy (and hopefully has a brain), is going to get by fine defensively on most 4's in our league and our fairly weak nonconference slate. The pro upside is obviously not there, but for the college game, yes please. I like my floors stretched out and if you have a jump hook like I have read in a few articles, even better. I'll take shooters at any position. Lot of guys had Derrick Williams as a 3 star and he came in looking like a 5 at the Maui Invitational. Curbing my expectations obviously, not expecting another Williams or a "Sam Dekker."
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

So if he turns down Stanford for either Arizona or Kansas, does that mean he likely has a higher drive than most to compete for a national title? The Stanford kids are willing to set that aside for a Stanford education. If he has that drive and belief in addition to being the hardest worker on his team, that could be special in a multi-year player.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Longhorned wrote:So if he turns down Stanford for either Arizona or Kansas, does that mean he likely has a higher drive than most to compete for a national title? The Stanford kids are willing to set that aside for a Stanford education. If he has that drive and belief in addition to being the hardest worker on his team, that could be special in a multi-year player.
That is how I would interpret such decision without knowing him personally. He may know his ceiling is NCAA basketball, so he wants to make the most of the highest level he will play at. National title contention, bragging rights about playing at one of the elite programs at the highest collegiate level, playing in great facilities in front of huge crowds, more time on national television, a chance to play for a hall of fame caliber coach, a chance to play on teams with multiple probable future NBA players, etc.

I know a few people personally who decided all that wasn't as important as a degree from an Ivy League school. A family close to ours had four kids who were division 1 athletes. One was a football star who turned down BYU, Utah, San Diego State, Stanford (pre-Harbaugh), and a few other decent football programs for Yale. Yale sucked obviously, but he has that degree. Now, had Alabama, LSU, USC, etc offered, who knows. I hold our program and Kansas in the same regard as those schools, so that makes the decision a little harder. His little brother, however, spurned any interest from Ivy League schools to play basketball at Iowa State, and he later transferred to LSU, both of which aren't really powerhouses. I think at best he was a 3-star player and wasn't that prized of a recruit. I'd say his decision paid off, he ended up being a 2nd round pick, has played parts of three seasons with three NBA teams, including the Heat team that lost to the Spurs in the finals.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Was actually down in Tucson this week and on campus (other than being there for the KU/UA game years ago and then only to the basketball arena) for basically the first time. Much nicer than I thought (although the area on Speedway outside the campus had a ton of homeless people). Hit Gentle Ben's, Frog and Firken and Dubliner?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Cool story bro
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

It's funny when the trolls come strolling in looking for help. Guess they aren't taught how to use TripAdvisor or use a GPS.
az91

Post by az91 »

enfuego wrote:Was actually down in Tucson this week and on campus (other than being there for the KU/UA game years ago and then only to the basketball arena) for basically the first time. Much nicer than I thought (although the area on Speedway outside the campus had a ton of homeless people). Hit Gentle Ben's, Frog and Firken and Dubliner?
There is hope for you after all :)
az91

Post by az91 »

It seems like Joel Embiid is really making good progress...toward being the worst top 3 draft pick of all-time: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/joel-embii ... 39984.html
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:What is the Pac 16?
A typo.
I guess this term applies to most of your posts.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

az91 wrote:
enfuego wrote:Was actually down in Tucson this week and on campus (other than being there for the KU/UA game years ago and then only to the basketball arena) for basically the first time. Much nicer than I thought (although the area on Speedway outside the campus had a ton of homeless people). Hit Gentle Ben's, Frog and Firken and Dubliner?
There is hope for you after all :)
fuegs, can't remember if i mentioned this before but if you ever get a hankerin' for QUINTON'S, be sure to check out bison witches on 4th ave. in tucson. i actually used to do the opposite and drive from overland park out to lawrence for a sandwich & breadbowl when i worked out there many many moons ago. menus are exactly the same.

getting slightly jealous of some old college buddies in az for the weekend talking about heading over to bw
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Congratulations, enfuego. I'll be butt-hurt for the next four years.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

BUT... BUT... A¢E SAID LIGHTFOOT WAS COMING TO ARIZONA
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Will the #118th rated player even see the court? He must like pasty chubby girls.

Or he just appreciates love from 2nd graders. Is Withey's mom still teaching there?

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... ecruiting/" target="_blank
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I like the pick up. We lose at a minimum 4 bigs after this year, maybe 5 if Bragg has a big year, but I expect him back. Always good to have post depth.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

No fan of MSU BUT I looooooveeeee it when Kansas loses :-)