Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Enjoy it, Bobby Hurley

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Chicat wrote:Maybe it is what Miller is teaching them. It happened right in front of him. Can't imagine he wouldn't have corrected it right then and there if that wasn't what he wanted.
No coach is teaching that. You are always taught to avoid the corners, each boundary line acts as another defender, so you essentially got three men on you if just one traps you in that corner. Probably not seeing a reaction from Miller because I think we have only had one turnover in the limited times we have been pressed, but several close calls.

I get that Spliff and our 1-2-2 was the same in HS, but the point was always taught to push it up the floor if that's what the defender gives you. If you can keep it in your best ball handlers hands, thats ideal, hes probably the best passer on your team too and will have the advantage on his man plus the ability to distribute or make the appropriate decision at mid court or beyond. And two options is better than one regardless, pass, or dribble. Trapped in a corner, you only have one, pass, and even then, you might not have the best angle or sight line to get off a good pass.

My guess is he is not ok with it but with presses being fluid situations and considering the limited time this team sees it, views it as a work in progress
I don't entirely disagree. That's why I'd prefer to have the entry pass go to ft line extended, because that gives the receiving player time and space to make a move.

Part of it was that ASU was keeping 2 bigs back at all times and not attacking the first pass. As soon as the ball got past the corner man, the press was done because we had a 2 on 1 or just a free dribbler. I can't imagine Miller was unhappy with the results. Being in the bonus, if you're strong against the trap, you should get fouled a lot in that situation, and we did.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

97cats wrote:thought the first 'T' was a blatant overreaction from the official
He was on the refs the entire game. Should have been given a tech way before he got his first.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I wish the title of this thread was 'Suck it, Bobby Hurley' instead:-)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I wish the title of this thread was 'Suck it, Bobby Hurley' instead:-)
I don't want to be uncharitable. I wish him many more days like Sunday.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I wish the title of this thread was 'Suck it, Bobby Hurley' instead:-)
You are too kind and classy Spiff :-) .....I still would love someone to photoshop the Hurley ejection pic with a Baby's Hat and pacifier....that would be funny.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
You are too kind and classy Spiff :-) .....I still would love someone to photoshop the Hurley ejection pic with a Baby's Hat and pacifier....that would be funny.

Man I miss Katzenfreund.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Man I miss Katzenfreund.
Holy Crap, love that Dude! What happened to him???
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Man I miss Katzenfreund.
Holy Crap, love that Dude! What happened to him???
After one of the mods took down a link he posted to a picture of Machina, he deleted all his posts and never came back.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:
Man I miss Katzenfreund.
Holy Crap, love that Dude! What happened to him???[/quote]

After one of the mods took down a link he posted to a picture of Machina, he deleted all his posts and never came back.[/quote]

Thanks UAE.....that sucks! He always made me laugh... even when making fun of me :-).
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Hurley taunting Higgins on twitter now. What a moron.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

rgdeuce wrote:Hurley taunting Higgins on twitter now. What a moron.
What? The ref? You have got to be kidding.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Dont know how to embed tweets but "I'm enjoying Higgins work... Ben Higgins..The bachelor, of course"
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What an idiot. Leave it alone Hurley. He took a hit from the national press and it won't get better being childish. Glad he is a clown devil

Higgins has worked like 7 final fours so his work is respected by those that evaluate officials
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There's a story on sports illustrated on his behavior. Great press for asu.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

rgdeuce wrote:Dont know how to embed tweets but "I'm enjoying Higgins work... Ben Higgins..The bachelor, of course"
ASU and Hurley really are a perfect fit.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Higgins is a busy man. Hit Zues and Hurley yesterday, flew to Kansas and tagged Seldon and Woodard tonight.

The one on Zues, Higgins made the bad call and Zues told him it was bullshit directly. The first one on Hurley, Higgins was on the baseline handing the ball to Allen and the official on the other end of the floor made the call. Higgins heard Hurley say something to the other official while walking away and below the whistle. The second one was the same, another official made the call and Higgins put himself in the middle. Not saying that either weren't deserved, but I don't remember too many officials calling technicals when they're not the one being yelled at.
Bangkok Wildcat

AZCatGirl wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Dont know how to embed tweets but "I'm enjoying Higgins work... Ben Higgins..The bachelor, of course"
Well-said AZCatGirl :-)......just think, not even a half-season under his belt at ASSU and he's giving us these gems.....should be good fun going forwards. Perfect fit for a low class institution and fanbase like ASU :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Nothing like being a low class a-hole right out of the gate. Does he think he's endearing himself to ANY official? Good luck getting any 50/50 calls from here on out you classless douche.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Based on what those Toledo fans said in the link I posted earlier, this will probably continue until he bounces for a better job, or bounces because he gets tired of getting shafted by the league officials because they cannot stand him. In one season in the MAC, he was the most hated coach by both officials and other coaches, and constantly whining and getting t'd up. That is pretty damn impressive for only being in a conference one year.

And when York was questioned about the whole thing, he responded with, "That's just who he is." Pretty telling.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Woooow
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

cats101 wrote:
Woooow
Higgins has an itchy trigger finger, Hurley has an itchy twitter finger.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hurley can give it, but not take it.

From the Arizona Wildcats Basketball FB page.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He's a sensitive little bitch, isn't he?

Someone should ask him if he wears his seat belt when driving home after being thrown out of games . . .
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Anyone who is shocked that Hurley is a whiny little bitch obviously didn't watch him play college basketball. I mean, he's the exact same guy 30 years later.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

There are 11 coaches in the Pac 12 who have won more games as head coaches and more NCAA tournament games. Why should ESPN or any other media outlet be celebrating Hurley's tantrum? It's not as though his team got screwed by officiating costing them a win. ASU got some favorable ticky-tack calls prior to the tantrum that allowed their players to go to the FT line. Then Hurley loses his mind when the refs continue to call the game tight and ASU is called for the fouls. You can't have it both ways.

If Ken Bone had a tantrum like Hurley's while coaching Wazzu a few years ago, would anyone have cared? Why is Hurley given a pass as though he's accomplished something as a head coach? He hasn't and should sit his butt down. He's got zero equity in this conference or even as an NCAA coach for that matter. That's not doubting his ability to build a program and be successful as ASU. But he's got a lot of nerve acting as though he can just show up because he played at Duke and can act anyway he likes.
Last edited by carolinacat on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Olsondogg wrote:Anyone who is shocked that Hurley is a whiny little bitch obviously didn't watch him play college basketball. I mean, he's the exact same guy 30 years later.
At their core, the majority of people don't change too much throughout their lives personality-wise. I'm guessing Hurley was a whiny little bitch when he had his Pampers on and will be a whiny little bitch with his Depends on.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

carolinacat wrote:There are 11 coaches in the Pac 12 who have won more games as head coaches and more NCAA tournament games. Why should ESPN or any other media outlet be celebrating Hurley's tantrum. It's not as though his team got screwed by officiating costing them a win. ASU got some favorable ticky-tack calls prior to the tantrum that allowed their players to go to the FT line. Then Hurley loses his mind when the refs continue to call the game tight and ASU is called for the fouls. You can't have it both ways.
Dude, this is Bobby Hurley and ESPN we're talking about. Dick Vitale practically treated him like he was his own son on-air when he played for Duke.

Of course there are prejudices at work here, as soft and trivial as they may be. ESPN has contractual, conference and K loyalties that clearly extend to Duke entitlement.

If Bone, Miller, or any other coach besides Dawkins had thrown that kind of fit in his first year, public opinion would've come down on him like a ton of bricks.

As it is, I don't know where he's been "given a pass" or "celebrated," but why Hurley hasn't been fined for his outburst by this point is a matter best left to the Pac-12 office and its own prejudices.
"I always want the spotlight to be on the performers, the guys on the floor and nothing more than that," Hurley said. "And that goes for all of us. It goes for coaches, officials, everyone. It should always be about the players -- players should decide the game."
This isn't an apology. This is denial.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg wrote:Anyone who is shocked that Hurley is a whiny little bitch obviously didn't watch him play college basketball. I mean, he's the exact same guy 30 years later.

Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

AZCatGirl wrote: ASU and Hurley really are a perfect fit.
So Bobby Hurley just admitted to watching The Bachelor? That won't come back to haunt him in any road arenas at all. ;)

I finally rewatched the game to see the elbow to York. For them to review that and not call ANYTHING is a complete joke. Even if it didn't fully land on Gabe's head/face, there seemed to be clear intent based on Atwood's facial expressions. Seeing it live (granted, it was from the upper deck) it looked to me like he threw an elbow, and the TV announcers seemed to agree that it was at the VERY LEAST a flagrant, and could/should have been an ejection.

When your guy gets away with that, and your team then goes on to get in the double bonus with 12 minutes to go, you have ZERO reason to complain about the officiating, which makes Hurley seem even more like a petulant child. You can take the boy out of Duke, but can't take Duke out of the boy.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm with you G, why hasn't he been fined by the pac12 yet? But miller was his appropriate Vegas tirade.

2. I hope McKale trolls the shit out of Hurley when asu comes to town in march.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Chicat wrote:He's a sensitive little bitch, isn't he?

Someone should ask him if he wears his seat belt when driving home after being thrown out of games . . .

woaaaaah! went there! :lol:

to answer your question - hurley doesn't drive; he walks home in his ITZs :D
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dirtbags wrote:
Chicat wrote:He's a sensitive little bitch, isn't he?

woaaaaah! went there! :lol:

to answer your question - hurley doesn't drive; he walks home in his ITZs :D
Speaking of ITZs, why does he dive on the floor for a loose ball when all the other players are imaginary? Why is there a loose ball in the first place? How many players said not to ITZ first? Did he singlehandledly kill that entire company?

Bobby Hurley 1993 ITZ Basketball Shoe Commercial …: http://youtu.be/PzZHzcRYJNE" target="_blank
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Speaking of ITZs, why does he dive on the floor for a loose ball when all the other players are imaginary? Why is there a loose ball in the first place? How many players said not to ITZ first? Did he singlehandledly kill that entire company?

Bobby Hurley 1993 ITZ Basketball Shoe Commercial …: http://youtu.be/PzZHzcRYJNE" target="_blank
also, if hurley slaps the court floor and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'm with you G, why hasn't he been fined by the pac12 yet? But miller was his appropriate Vegas tirade.

2. I hope McKale trolls the shit out of Hurley when asu comes to town in march.
It's unreal, really. I'm not even sure it has been acknowledged. The actions themselves and the complete lack of remorse in the presser after? Maybe they are just keeping it under wraps so the big "f--- you" that comes from the officials down the road won't be so blatantly obvious? Maybe they are still in the planning stages of where they are going to send the next ref that runs him out of a game? Regardless, what kind of message is that sending? You would think they would be smarter than that after that Miller/Vegas debacle blew up in their faces.

I wish I had seats anywhere close to the ASU bench for that game. Hurley would be getting it all night long (pause) and there is PLENTY of easy, clean material that would not offend any children/older fans that would get you asked to leave.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You can count on the zona zoo being all over Hurley when Asu comes to Tucson
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dirtbags wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Speaking of ITZs, why does he dive on the floor for a loose ball when all the other players are imaginary? Why is there a loose ball in the first place? How many players said not to ITZ first? Did he singlehandledly kill that entire company?

also, if hurley slaps the court floor and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
That commercial was the inspiration for the film "A Beautiful Mind."
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote:You can count on the zona zoo being all over Hurley when Asu comes to Tucson
It's one thing to get it from the student section. It's another to get it from any of us, who were actually alive and not in their mother's ovaries or yet to be developed in their father's testes when the world was introduced to the Bobby Hurley s--t show. When is someone like us given the opportunity to let out years of Duke hatred on one of the big 3 poster boys for Duke hatred? And he is an easily rattled, easy mark too, so you know he is going to hear and absorb every word :lol: The Zona Zoo should be asked to show up early and at minimum watch that ESPN 30 for 30 Laettner/Duke episode on the scoreboard.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Higgins did Kansas/Oklahoma last night. 3 techs called but I didnt see if it was him. Anyone?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jefe wrote:Higgins did Kansas/Oklahoma last night. 3 techs called but I didnt see if it was him. Anyone?
He called two of them I believe, but not the one on Self.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Media will always focus on Hurley no matter where he's at, simply because he was a key player on one of the most infamous, memorable college basketball teams of all time in the past 50 years, right along the fab 5. That 30 for 30 show on everybody hates Christian Laettner explains it pretty well, the hate for Duke in general, and Bobby and Christian were the two lightening rods of that team. Nobody is going to forget that particular Duke team for a loooong long time.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

How fitting that ASU's two coaches in football and hoops are pretty much hated by everyone? Respected, sure. But hated, definitely. Both have embarrassing episodes. So....perfect fit for ASU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Little sensitive bitch Bobby Hurley is quite the sensitive little bitch...
Bangkok Wildcat

carolinacat wrote:How fitting that ASU's two coaches in football and hoops are pretty much hated by everyone? Respected, sure. But hated, definitely. Both have embarrassing episodes. So....perfect fit for ASU.
+1.....nailed it carolinacat.......perfect fits for ASSU.....hard to find 2 bigger Dbags than Graham and Hurley......un-friggin-believable......even for a lowly fanbase such as ASU. Honestly, it's amazing to me that they find new ways to make them so despicable.

Bear Down
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I told him far worse hours after the ejection and he didnt block me. Try again?
Bangkok Wildcat

It is sad that Bobby Hurley suffers from 'premature ejection' though.....probably why he acts like such a petulant little turd ;-)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Luuuuuuuute wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote: ASU and Hurley really are a perfect fit.
So Bobby Hurley just admitted to watching The Bachelor? That won't come back to haunt him in any road arenas at all. ;)

I finally rewatched the game to see the elbow to York. For them to review that and not call ANYTHING is a complete joke. Even if it didn't fully land on Gabe's head/face, there seemed to be clear intent based on Atwood's facial expressions. Seeing it live (granted, it was from the upper deck) it looked to me like he threw an elbow, and the TV announcers seemed to agree that it was at the VERY LEAST a flagrant, and could/should have been an ejection.

When your guy gets away with that, and your team then goes on to get in the double bonus with 12 minutes to go, you have ZERO reason to complain about the officiating, which makes Hurley seem even more like a petulant child. You can take the boy out of Duke, but can't take Duke out of the boy.
Does York have a shiner? If so, I hope someone sends a picture of it to several Pac-12 offices.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Why can't we use this image for a big head? By the way if you google image search bobby hurley ejected, almost every picture is pure gold.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Arizona Wildcats Basketball: How to get blocked on Twitter by ASU Coach Hurley

http://zonazealots.com/2016/01/06/arizo ... ch-hurley/" target="_blank