Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Longhorned »

Apologies, wrong thread. I came back after a pause and thought I was still in the Trump Cabinet thread.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote:Apologies, wrong thread. I came back after a pause and thought I was still in the Trump Cabinet thread.
What position did you get hired for?
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Apologies, wrong thread. I came back after a pause and thought I was still in the Trump Cabinet thread.
I thought you just dropped a metaphor that was waay too deep for me.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

TucsonClip wrote:
I pooped in the stock pot and got named Secretary of Soup.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
I pooped in the stock pot and got named Secretary of Soup.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I thought you just dropped a metaphor that was waay too deep for me.
It fit with the Pitino tangent though lol
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMeIjIuhz8" target="_blank

Miller:
"In short time, I'm hopeful that we can get some guys back..."..sic
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMeIjIuhz8

Miller:
"In short time, I'm hopeful that we can get some guys back..."..sic
I am also hopeful about that.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Plural!
Right where I want to be.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

It seems like Trier would be back for conference play. Knock on wood it happens and he gets cleared.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well the GCU game next Wednesday is the last game of the semester. If it turns out to be a semester thing then he'd potentially be back for Texas A&M.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well the GCU game next Wednesday is the last game of the semester. If it turns out to be a semester thing then he'd potentially be back for Texas A&M.
It's not a semester thing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

All we know now is that it's not drugs, not criminal, not a ncaa semester suspension, not academic...Basically everything has been ruled out by those "in the know(hah)".

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:All we know now is that it's not drugs, not criminal, not a ncaa semester suspension, not academic...Basically everything has been ruled out by those "in the know(hah)".
Never said it was none of those things.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PEDs still in his system administered at the hospital after the car crash?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So what is it if everyone under the Tucson sun is in the know?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:So what is it if everyone under the Tucson sun is in the know?
No one is. No one I know knows what it is. The majority of people that "know" here are just crying wolf desparate for attention.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:So what is it if everyone under the Tucson sun is in the know?
No one is. No one I know knows what it is. The majority of people that "know" here are just crying wolf desparate for attention.
Good post.

Let me throw out a scenario to you, imagine there was an incident going on where the majority of people who genuinely care about the incident and its ramifications were unaware of the details for a very good specific reason, and imagine you happen to know somebody who is very involved in the incident due to its circumstances and that person keeps you up to date as he knows you care dearly and he trusts you not to blurt it out outside of providing approved vague hints.

Now imagine you run across a stranger on the internet who posts something as insecure and butt hurt as you just did. Would you go out of your way to tell him publicly or privately about what is going on? Would you trust such a person to be discrete? Would you risk your friendship with your buddy just to prove yourself to a person who reacts to adversity like you do?

Maybe if you portrayed yourself to be a levelheaded secure person maybe somebody who knows something (I'm far from the only one here) may reach out to you and throw you a bone once in awhile.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Good post.

Let me throw out a scenario to you, imagine there was an incident going on where the majority of people who genuinely care about the incident and its ramifications were unaware of the details for a very good specific reason, and imagine you happen to know somebody who is very involved in the incident due to its circumstances and that person keeps you up to date as he knows you care dearly and he trusts you not to blurt it out outside of providing approved vague hints.

Now imagine you run across a stranger on the internet who posts something as insecure and butt hurt as you just did. Would you go out of your way to tell him publicly or privately about what is going on? Would you trust such a person to be discrete? Would you risk your friendship with your buddy just to prove yourself to a person who reacts to adversity like you do?

Maybe if you portrayed yourself to be a levelheaded secure person maybe somebody who knows something (I'm far from the only one here) may reach out to you and throw you a bone once in awhile.
Haha, well damn Choo, i'm pretty levelheaded. I'd love to have some clarity as I sit here in Spain by myself with nobody to talk about this. I will patiently check my inbox ever 5 minutes, hoping you know I would revel in knowing while ASUhater and BeachCat don't.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dcZONAfan wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Good post.

Haha, well damn Choo, i'm pretty levelheaded. I'd love to have some clarity as I sit here in Spain by myself with nobody to talk about this. I will patiently check my inbox ever 5 minutes, hoping you know I would revel in knowing while ASUhater and BeachCat don't.
I'm in this camp too. I'd like to think I'm a reasonable person and have a few contacts here have trust me with confidential information, but as far as this situation goes, my inbox remains empty.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What a douchey post by choo. Just another person trying to pretend they are important because they supposedly know something.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn you fuckers are testy. Is it because tomorrow is Monday?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:What a douchey post by choo. Just another person trying to pretend they are important because they supposedly know something.
Well don't let anybody tell you that you're not consistent. You certainly are that my friend.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Good post.

Well considering I've been trying to PM u and anyone that implies they know details but the website won't let me PM anybody makes me suspicious? This whole "I know things but I can't tell you peasants who don't" is admittedly a bit frustrating. I live on east coast but I still have about half a dozen friends in Arizona and none of them know either (granted they aren't as big of fanatics as I am).

This is seriously the biggest tease of all time. I'd rather go get a private at a strip club than come to the Trier threads anymore. But much like the strizzy, I can't help it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Think about it: If there were either an expected date for Trier's return, or lack of an expectation that he will return, Miller would have said. Clearly Miller has reason to expect he will return, but can't know when. What else beyond that would be valuable to know?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What was he saying about Pitts last year around this time?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PennZona20 wrote:Well considering I've been trying to PM u and anyone that implies they know details but the website won't let me PM anybody makes me suspicious?
Huh?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:What was he saying about Pitts last year around this time?
When Pitts was suspended, the same basic line was put out, i.e., the sort of thing that didn't answer any questions. Miller runs a pretty tight ship. The fact that anyone is still in the dark to any extent about Trier is unusual.

So, don't get hopes up that there will be a flood of info.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

We will know when we know. Does it really matter what he did or didn't do? Doesn't it really matter if you know a few days or weeks before the rest of the world does? I applaud Miller for his handle on the situation.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:We will know when we know. Does it really matter what he did or didn't do? Doesn't it really matter if you know a few days or weeks before the rest of the world does? I applaud Miller for his handle on the situation.
As fans, none of us need to know anything. We just want to know.

In terms of the program, I have zero doubt that our players and coaches have focus on the moment at hand. We have 7 guys and the focus is on them with an eye towards developing when PJC returns and if Trier is back.

It's easy to overcomplicate things, but the reality is really simple.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PennZona20 wrote:Well considering I've been trying to PM u and anyone that implies they know details but the website won't let me PM anybody makes me suspicious?
The PM function hasn't worked on this site for quite awhile.
PMs I try to send just sit in my Outbox.

I mentioned this to the admins but it never got fixed.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:Think about it: If there were either an expected date for Trier's return, or lack of an expectation that he will return, Miller would have said. Clearly Miller has reason to expect he will return, but can't know when. What else beyond that would be valuable to know?
Bingo.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAEebs86 wrote:

So that one I sent to Longhorned about Trier's return date didn't get there? Explains a lot.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Just because gumby briefs me doesn't mean I read it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

You're, like, a very smart person.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm refreshing. And you're the one who told us Rob Evans had a secret weapon.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Works fine for me. If they are in your outbox it means the other person hasn't read it yet.

Send me a PM and I'll send one back once received.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PMs seem to be working just fine for me.
    Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
    gumby

Post by gumby »

Damn. Now Longhorned knows I'm a liar!
    UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
    UAEebs86 wrote:

Works fine for me. If they are in your outbox it means the other person hasn't read it yet.

That worked, but I sent a PM to Merkin awhile back that just sat in my Outbox for months, until I finally just deleted it.

Maybe he didn't want to talk to me! :lol:
    We are the people our parents warned us about.
    -JB
    2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
    HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Sean Miller says college basketball becoming more like NBA

http://tucson.com/online/video/watch-se ... b60f1.html" target="_blank
    PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
    Chicat wrote:
    UAEebs86 wrote:

That worked, but I sent a PM to Merkin awhile back that just sat in my Outbox for months, until I finally just deleted it.

Maybe he didn't want to talk to me! :lol:

Ok so I'm an idiot. I was putting the subject line in to CC: line because I already linked to person I sent to.

So in summation, the PM works. My brain does not. Sorry about the confusion.

And the reason I want to know, isn't because I think it will better help me pinpoint a return date, it's the same reason I want to know something when someone says they heard a crazy rumor about the office skank but can't tell me. Don't tell me u know something if u won't tell me. It drives me crazy.
    HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Miller, Kobi Simmons talk Arizona Wildcats' 64-54 win over Grand Canyon

http://tucson.com/online/video/watch-mi ... 7fc6b.html" target="_blank
    Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:https://youtu.be/4x43jQEiLAY
    ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Needs to cut out the prevent offense too early in the game.
    HiCat

Post by HiCat »

All I want for Xmas.. 8-)

Miller hinted that Jackson-Cartwright is ahead of schedule in his recovery.

“We’re anxious to get him back. I think he’s moving in the direction of coming back,” Miller told reporters. “I’m hoping that we can have a couple good weeks here, we can get him back more towards the beginning of the conference season.”

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... onzo-trier" target="_blank
    ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

You don't rush a high ankle sprain.
    Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:You don't rush a high ankle sprain.
    You don't triple stamp a double stamp.
    EVCat

Post by EVCat »

He was out of the boot a while back, which was a surprise.

Everyone responds different to ankle sprains. Some are more responsive to the treatments. There is little to compare case to case. The schedule gives us another almost 2 weeks with one game...no need to rush him back. But good to hear he is ahead of schedule