Re: Pac-12 game thread

Post by azgreg »

Cal losses to Chaminade.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Isn't Chaminade Div II?
gumby wrote: But, but, but ... traffic!
Maybe they should build an arena on campus.

Oh, never mind.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Merkin wrote:Isn't Chaminade Div II?
Yes they are. Pathetic showing.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I love when Cal loses.....even if it hurts our RPI. With all the crap their fans talk about us, they deserve this karma. Keep on going Cal :-)........Not to mention our bad luck when Ashley broke his foot there and derailed, IMHO, our chance to go deep in the NCAA Tourney that year....we would have beaten Wiscy with Ashley that year for CSMs elusive FF.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Good win for the Cougs taking down ranked Saint Mary's.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

asu only down by 2 at halftime against #15 Xavier. If asu wins this game, they will be 6-0 and most likely ranked in the top-25. Looks like Hurley has them headed in the right direction.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

asu beating Xavier 67-61 with 12:30 left in the game.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

When's the last time ASU was ranked higher than Arizona?
Last edited by Frybry02 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

asu up by 14 with less than 5 minutes to go. Are they the best team in the Pac-12 right now?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Purely based off game results, yes they probably are
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Sucks. Looks like the baton has passed... hah
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What a fucking nightmare.
Bangkok Wildcat

1. How does USC not have its own thread by now?

2. They are getting OWNED by the Okies right now :-(.....Man, were they this over-rated? A&M punked soundly beat them at home, then they got owned at SMU (not going to throw stones from our glass house for this one).....and now it’s 59-46 with >14 minutes left.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

No excuse for USC being this bad. They have a veteran squad with everyone back from last year's tourney team, plus some nice incoming talent. No major injuries, unlike last year when Boatwright missed some time with knee issues. At least Arizona can excuse poor play because of Alkins and heavy reliance on freshmen.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

USC is missing De'Anthony Melton but they shouldn't be this bad. They have only beaten cupcakes and a bad Vanderbilt team so far. I don't think they are a threat to win the conference but every team will play us hard.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

UCLA loses to Michigan in overtime, 78-69.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Holiday is purely feast or famime. I'd say this game is the first game where the China three really hurt them. Once it hit overtime, they were going to be too gased to keep up
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UCLA lost. Does our game against them hurt or help our strength of schedule? Serious question.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I don't think UCLA makes the tournament. Their schedule is gonna hurt them. ASU is now a decent game on their schedule and they only play them in Tempe. Same for us. Where will their quality wins come from?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

zonagrad wrote:I don't think UCLA makes the tournament. Their schedule is gonna hurt them. ASU is now a decent game on their schedule and they only play them in Tempe. Same for us. Where will their quality wins come from?
Our last 3 are quality wins. In the Pac, ASU and USC would be quality wins. Beyond that, I got nothing.

We just need to take care of business, win the ones we’re supposed to, and the ratings will take care of themselves.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

UCLA plays Cincinnati and Kentucky in the next few weeks. They need to win one of those games to have a marquee win. And they play South Dakota in between and CANNOT lose that one. Bubble team.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UDub struggling against the Zags.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Of the Zag's 40 FG attempts 19 have been 3s.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

UW will not have a winning conference record.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Gonna put up triple digits in Seattle.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Crazy game. Both teams have as many 3s attempted as FTs.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Gonna put up triple digits in Seattle.
Bullshit, dude, it's kill-the-clock time.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Told ya.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
Told ya.
Fool, they missed that dunk and blew an easy possession and then dribbled it out. Triple didge was in the bag.

~ Wilhoit's Law
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Beachcat97 wrote:UCLA lost. Does our game against them hurt or help our strength of schedule? Serious question.
With 350 D1 teams, where is the cutoff for helping or hurting our RPI?
I'm thinking a Top 100 RPI team should help our RPI. I doubt a 200+ team would help us. What about 100-150? Doesn't Miller have 2 main criteria for "Buy" games? Having a system that he wants our players to have experience against and an RPI that doesn't hurt us. I think some of our "Buy" teams have had an RPI in the 150-200 range.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

So USC lost to Princeton
Bangkok Wildcat

RondaeShimmy wrote:So USC lost to Princeton
Wow.....Damn.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

And of course by the time they come to McKale, USC will play the game of their lives. They are far and away the biggest disappointment this season. They returned everyone from a year ago and had a schedule that really favored them being a top 5 team. Prior to this season there was chatter that Enfield was the top up and coming coach in the Pac, ready to challenge for conference supremacy. What a disaster it's been for them.
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:And of course by the time they come to McKale, USC will play the game of their lives. They are far and away the biggest disappointment this season. They returned everyone from a year ago and had a schedule that really favored them being a top 5 team. Prior to this season there was chatter that Enfield was the top up and coming coach in the Pac, ready to challenge for conference supremacy. What a disaster it's been for them.
Well not exactly everyone is back from last year.... De’Anthony Melton is still being held out...I believe he was a starter last year as a Freshman, 27 mpg, 44% FG, 28% 3P% (crappy but only 2 attempts / game), 3.5 assists to 1.8 TOs, 2 steals and 1 block...they refer to him as their ‘glue guy’.......Not siure but I think I recall someone else who was injured?

Anyways, their losses, except for Princeton, aren’t that bad so far; A&M at home, @SMU (who looks pretty good and we lost to them), Oklahoma at home by only 2....before the Princeton debacle in OT. Not sure I’d count them out yet but agree that it’s been disappointing so far mostly with this last loss though as A&M and Oklahoma look like FF caliber teams at this point.

This Princeton loss is a huge black eye though and unless they pull out some major wins by advancing in Maui at the Diamonhead Classic, there only chances for quality wins going forward will be at ‘Guard U’ (lmao of at that ironic nickname) and at McKale.....so that will be their Super Bowl Game for sure......not sure they will go dancing at this point as I expect ASU to have fallen back to earth by then and they won’t beat us at home....Also not sure their 2 games vs UCLA will help or hurt their RPI as I expect UCLA to be a middling P12 Team.

Strange year so far......

EDIT: Just noticed they were down several other players for Princeton with injuries; Boatwright (STUD), Jonah Matthews (deadly shooter and significant contributor) and Derryck Thornton (Duke Transfer).....They only had 7 players for that OT loss if you don’t count the scrub who played 2 minutes.

PS. Can you imagine where we would be with a 4 year stud PG like Jordan McLaughlin??? Damn.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Truly ugly night for the Pac 12. Stanford down by 14 in the first to KU. Oregon State losing to Kent State. Cal gets blasted by Portland State. Portland. State.
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:Truly ugly night for the Pac 12. Stanford down by 14 in the first to KU. Oregon State losing to Kent State. Cal gets blasted by Portland State. Portland. State.
Yep....very ugly....I asked for P12 and NCAA Tourney predictions in the Bracketology Thread. I think we only get 3 Teams in and the order of finish will be UA, ASSU, and UW.....but other than us winning the P12 and ASU getting an invitation, I have very little confidence in that prediction.....A very weak year for ‘The Conference of Champions’ no doubt.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:Truly ugly night for the Pac 12. Stanford down by 14 in the first to KU. Oregon State losing to Kent State. Cal gets blasted by Portland State. Portland. State.
Yep....very ugly....I asked for P12 and NCAA Tourney predictions in the Bracketology Thread. I think we only get 3 Teams in and the order of finish will be UA, ASSU, and UW.....but other than us winning the P12 and ASU getting an invitation, I have very little confidence in that prediction.....A very weak year for ‘The Conference of Champions’ no doubt.

I don't think UW will have a winning record in the Pac. Right now, only Arizona & ASU look like tourney teams. Oregon doesn't have any quality wins. Nor does UCLA. USC has been a disaster when it looked like they were set up for a great season. Utah is a bubble team but again, no quality wins. Does anybody give a shit anymore about Tad Boyle and Colorado? I don't. Is Xavier Johnson back for his 9th season?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Furd blows as usual.

Thanks for nothing furd. Keep churning out bookish slampigs for mid 20s San Fran dudes to rail.
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

I don't think UW will have a winning record in the Pac. Right now, only Arizona & ASU look like tourney teams. Oregon doesn't have any quality wins. Nor does UCLA. USC has been a disaster when it looked like they were set up for a great season. Utah is a bubble team but again, no quality wins. Does anybody give a shit anymore about Tad Boyle and Colorado? I don't. Is Xavier Johnson back for his 9th season?
ROFLMAO zonagrad! Quote of the night!!!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea Cal just lost something like 106-80 at home to Portland State. Pac is a mid major conference this year
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

zonagrad wrote:Is Xavier Johnson back for his 9th season?
I honestly had to google it with my fingers crossed. He actually made the Texas Legends G League roster :shock: 11 games avg'ing 5 and 4
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Boatwright just got bounced for an F2.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

dovecanyoncat wrote:Boatwright just got bounced for an F2.
‘Oh My’....smh, he just got back from injury I believe. What happened?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Boatwright just got bounced for an F2.
‘Oh My’....smh, he just got back from injury I believe. What happened?
Got pissed at a little guy boxing him out. Horse collared him round the neck and threw him to the wood. Chip-py.

~ Wilhoit's Law
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Jefe wrote:
zonagrad wrote:Is Xavier Johnson back for his 9th season?
I honestly had to google it with my fingers crossed. He actually made the Texas Legends G League roster :shock: 11 games avg'ing 5 and 4
Tad Boyle should have left two years ago for a better job
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Oregon loses to Utah at home, SC losing to Washington at home............lets hope this trend doesn't continue tomorrow!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

And that is why Oregon is NOT an elite program. They had an elite team a year ago. But elite programs don't regress like this. Even in 2016, arguably our crappiest year, we still competed at the highest level despite trying to reload. Oregon won't make the NCAA tourney this year.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Bangkok Wildcat

Irish27 wrote:
Yeah, I saw that replay on the P12 Network.....that’s messed up. Will be interested to see the punishment that SHOULD be come down for that. Unbelievable and very very NOT cool.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Yeah, I saw that replay on the P12 Network.....that’s messed up. Will be interested to see the punishment that SHOULD be come down for that. Unbelievable and very very NOT cool.
Half-game suspension, and removed as team captain. Wow, USC really bringing the hammer down. :roll:

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/articl ... gainst-wsu" target="_blank