Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

YoDeFoe

Re: Sean Miller

Post by YoDeFoe »

Bosy Billups wrote:Some SJWs about to get TRIGGERED. Duck!
Also directly go fuck yourself. Keep your ignorant bullshit out of this.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Have had conversations with Miller's attorney about mitigation clauses in contract that will be activated if anything further comes out re: NCAA investigation.

and this my friends, is what put this over the hump
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Let's go BTFD!! The game is going to be loud tonight in McKale Center
CatzManiac

Post by CatzManiac »

97cats wrote:Have had conversations with Miller's attorney about mitigation clauses in contract that will be activated if anything further comes out re: NCAA investigation.

Any updates on Miller's future at arizona beyond this season?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

CatzManiac wrote:
97cats wrote:Have had conversations with Miller's attorney about mitigation clauses in contract that will be activated if anything further comes out re: NCAA investigation.

Isn't that pretty much saying he's staying and there's contingencies if anything else comes up, unless I'm reading it wrong
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Absolutely, he must be staying. I seriously doubt they would have tweaked contract language for just a few weeks left in this season.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

YoDeFoe wrote:
rgdeuce wrote: Not sure about that my dude. Hate that my links had to involve politics in this glorious thread at this glorious time; nothing else came to mind when I was trying to find something that was even close to the same level of what CSM is going through. Just for reference, I wont be engaging in the political stuff in here.

(NYT) http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/15/media/n ... index.html" target="_blank
(CNN) https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/busi ... mucci.html" target="_blank
(6 More CNN) http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/08/7-tim ... s-in-2017/" target="_blank
(Washington Post) https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... 3bc5827ad5" target="_blank
(ABC) http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/media/a ... index.html" target="_blank
Don't do this shit.

Referencing the fucking DailyCaller as a source on what is "Fake News" is fucking rich with irony though.

Yeah, you know what - don't do this shit.
Irresponsible journalism nearly took from us a coach we love dearly. I think we can all put our political beliefs aside and agree that ALL media outlets should be held accountable if they mess up. If the mods feel my post is inappropriate, they can delete and I wont get my feelings hurt at all.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Are you guys following this? Just, holy shit. This is awesome:

https://twitter.com/caitlincschmidt?ref ... art%3D7400" target="_blank
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Longhorned wrote:Are you guys following this? Just, holy shit. This is awesome:

Please don't tmake this as tooting my own horn but I told you Bill would have our back and was a good man
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Caitlin is on it!

I hope she takes Pop’s job
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Caitlin is on it!

I hope she takes Pop’s job
This. I have no idea who she is, but she is definitely doing it right.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Are you guys following this? Just, holy shit. This is awesome:

Please don't tmake this as tooting my own horn but I told you Bill would have our back and was a good man
He's awesome! Thank you. I hadn't been aware of his existence, much to my detriment.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

YoDeFoe wrote:
The agents are trying to buy access to a pipeline of players, not an individual player. If they could get access to Arizona players via the single $100k payment, that's better than paying one player $100k.

It's like... my wife is a mortgage loan officer but she doesn't wine and dine people looking to buy homes. She wines and dines the best realtors in the market, because that money pays for a pipeline and not a single one time deal.
I get the pipeline thing but just in the way that you know a coach is willing to partake. Not that a 100K is gonna make a coach send every NBA prospect their way every year. I would imagine for every one they want they would have to send money each individual time.

So I think it would still make more sense to go directly to the player/family.

"I'll give you $100K to have your freshman year if you sign with us". That seems like a way more effective strategy. Plus since the player would only be there a couple of months I think they would care less about breaking college rules than a coach would. You also would have more accountability on the other side. The coach could say he tried to influence the player but it just didn't work out, even if he had no intention to.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:
CatzManiac wrote:

Isn't that pretty much saying he's staying and there's contingencies if anything else comes up, unless I'm reading it wrong
Caitlins tweet of ABOR meeting said NO ONE could talk to Miller about the claims until Monday night...

Sounds like he was in a legal huddle and the Uni/ABOR had to wait until his lawyers vetted his responses...

Not unsmart...in fact the very best thing to do...so the lack of movement or "slow response" is not as big a deal as we all thought, it might have been Miller saying "Back the fuck off until my lawyer is ready for me to answer."
ezinaz

Post by ezinaz »

Lost Shareef over this bullshit???
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What the fuck does this even mean
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

SunnyAZ wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
The agents are trying to buy access to a pipeline of players, not an individual player. If they could get access to Arizona players via the single $100k payment, that's better than paying one player $100k.

It's like... my wife is a mortgage loan officer but she doesn't wine and dine people looking to buy homes. She wines and dines the best realtors in the market, because that money pays for a pipeline and not a single one time deal.
I get the pipeline thing but just in the way that you know a coach is willing to partake. Not that a 100K is gonna make a coach send every NBA prospect their way every year. I would imagine for every one they want they would have to send money each individual time.

So I think it would still make more sense to go directly to the player/family.

"I'll give you $100K to have your freshman year if you sign with us". That seems like a way more effective strategy. Plus since the player would only be there a couple of months I think they would care less about breaking college rules than a coach would. You also would have more accountability on the other side. The coach could say he tried to influence the player but it just didn't work out, even if he had no intention to.

You guys obviously do not believe Miller.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Last edited by 84Cat on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ezinaz wrote:Lost Shareef over this bullshit???
Only hurts because we have no post depth but he wasn't playing defense here. And he thinks he is a wing.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Clay Travis with a gif of Miller. Bet he attacks ESPN tomorrow
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lofty wrote:
SunnyAZ wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Here's the direct quote:

"I also want you to know that the one time someone suggested to me paying a player to come to the University of Arizona I did not agree to it. It never happened and that player did not come to the University of Arizona. Out of respect for this ongoing investigation and the privacy of the student-athlete and his family, I'm not going to share further details concerning this matter."

Assuming ESPN didn't completely fabricate their story and Miller's comment is a response, this has to be a reference about what does exist on a wire. He acknowledged knowing Dawkins, so it's a fair assumption the wire is with Dawkins. Given that Dawkins was involved in the 100k negotiations with Dawkins...I feel pretty confident that Miller pretty much laid out a Dawkins discussion that it would be 100k for Bowen.
You are kinda missing the whole point of this situation. Why would Dawkins care if a player came to UA? His only job is to get players to sign with his agency. He came to Miller to try to get Ayton to sign with his agency. Hence why the initial report said the convo happened in 2017, which Miller kinda confirmed.

I'm not saying Miller did anything wrong, but I don't think the ESPN report did either. ESPN messed up because they thought it was about getting Ayton to come to UA and that ruined whole story for them. If they had a CBB guy that followed recruiting and the whole FBI scandal report it they might have put two and two together. Unfortunately, for them Schablah got the info.

As far as that Miller quote, I'm pretty sure he was just talking about recruiting in general. That only one time in his career did anyone ever mention to him about paying a player and he turned it down.
ESPN did nothing wrong? Good Lord. Are you serious?
Yeah. Just wow. :shock:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i wouldn't say that he absolutely 100% is here for the long haul now, but this fiasco from ESPN may have been a blessing in disguise to Arizona fans hoping for a long term commitment between AZ and Miller.

there was not much long term talk going on and many felt given the circumstances since the scandal hit coupled with some natural attrition of the last few season (failures to break through and some off the court problems) that both sides would find a common ground and move on after this season.

if this bizarre gaff unintentionally brought both sides to the table together to explore how to navigate and out of that came a solution to give the university flexibility in the event further VALID (not made up and changed eleventeen times) violations occur than Arizona would have protection.

i dont believe Sean Miller & Co would of been open to this in September or even a week and a half ago, but given the circumstances backed off a position to make things work now, and the university believing and standing up for and by Coach probably created some good faith -- im speculating on that.

Miller leaving after this season wasnt a function of him looking for something better or the university being pissed at him, rather the result of a ton of adversity and pressure that has been causing stress on the program.

if you noticed in my posts there was nothing inflammatory or accusatory, but more a relief mechanism.

well this may have set the table for discussions when nobody was ready, which can be effective, and people's true intentions and desires came out along with some bonding, leadership, and renewed commitment to the future and the contract was re-structured, i dont know.

but i could still see Miller and AZ making the FF and moving their separate ways a week later...but i do want to see what adjustments were made and agreed upon to the in-place deal to gauge the likelihood of that scenario.

AZ may have said, "listen, we believe you and will go to bat for you. if so, the contract needs to be amended to cover a buy-out situation thats functional if you get in trouble by something we can identify from the NCAA today, and in turn you must agree to be our guy for the long term."

again, im speculating
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Knock it off.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

CatFanOneMil wrote:

You guys obviously do not believe Miller.
I absolutely believe him. It makes no sense to me that $100K would convince a millionaire to put his job, that makes him a millionaire, in jeopardy.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:but i could still see Miller and AZ making the FF and moving their separate ways a week later...but i do want to see what adjustments were made and agreed upon to the in-place deal to gauge the likelihood of that scenario.
If we make the FF, he's not going anywhere. Come on, 97.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

BREAKING: Sean Miller leaked a false report to ESPN so his team could come together and play with effort and play defense.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:i wouldn't say that he absolutely 100% is here for the long haul now, but this fiasco from ESPN may have been a blessing in disguise to Arizona fans hoping for a long term commitment between AZ and Miller.

there was not much long term talk going on and many felt given the circumstances since the scandal hit coupled with some natural attrition of the last few season (failures to break through and some off the court problems) that both sides would find a common ground and move on after this season.

if this bizarre gaff unintentionally brought both sides to the table together to explore how to navigate and out of that came a solution to give the university flexibility in the event further VALID (not made up and changed eleventeen times) violations occur than Arizona would have protection.

i dont believe Sean Miller & Co would of been open to this in September or even a week and a half ago, but given the circumstances backed off a position to make things work now, and the university believing and standing up for and by Coach probably created some good faith -- im speculating on that.

Miller leaving after this season wasnt a function of him looking for something better or the university being pissed at him, rather the result of a ton of adversity and pressure that has been causing stress on the program.

if you noticed in my posts there was nothing inflammatory or accusatory, but more a relief mechanism.

well this may have set the table for discussions when nobody was ready, which can be effective, and people's true intentions and desires came out along with some bonding, leadership, and renewed commitment to the future and the contract was re-structured, i dont know.

but i could still see Miller and AZ making the FF and moving their separate ways a week later...but i do want to see what adjustments were made and agreed upon to the in-place deal to gauge the likelihood of that scenario.

AZ may have said, "listen, we believe you and will go to bat for you. if so, the contract needs to be amended to cover a buy-out situation thats functional if you get in trouble by something we can identify from the NCAA today, and in turn you must agree to be our guy for the long term."

again, im speculating
Thank you, 97. It makes sense that this situation has opened great new possibilities for what's next.

But regardless, something happened today: Sean Miller reached the highest level of True Wildcat today. Coaches move from program to program, and generally they don't have any college identity central to the core of their souls. Miller had always been a former Pitt player and former Xavier head coach whom we were proud to have leading our Cats at Arizona.

Not anymore. This dude bleeds Wildcat red and blue forever. He's the stuff of Arizona legends.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

WHAT BALLS HE HAS.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Clay Travis with a gif of Miller. Bet he attacks ESPN tomorrow
He is an asshat but attacking ESPN is his niche
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Clay Travis with a gif of Miller. Bet he attacks ESPN tomorrow
Thanks. Missed that.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

btfd16 wrote:
Yeah but do you trust that it's truthful?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

97cats wrote:i wouldn't say that he absolutely 100% is here for the long haul now, but this fiasco from ESPN may have been a blessing in disguise to Arizona fans hoping for a long term commitment between AZ and Miller.

again, im speculating
Do you believe this will help with recruits committing for next year?
Last edited by Irish27 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

84Cat wrote:
Immediate follow. Fantastic first hand reporting.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Mark schlabach came out of his bunker and was on sports center saying he stands by his reporting
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

again, im speculating
I'll speculate too. It seems to have reduced both of our outside options, if only by virtue of needing to stay together for the kids/public perception.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

btfd16 wrote:
I honestly thought Jay was better than this.

But when you have ties to ESPN, I guess I don't expect him to trash the guy.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

NYCat wrote:BREAKING: Sean Miller leaked a false report to ESPN so his team could come together and play with effort and play defense.
Mark Titus, is that you?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

NYCat wrote:Mark schlabach came out of his bunker and was on sports center saying he stands by his reporting
What he said

“Based on my conversations this weekend, I have no reason to believe anything in that story is inaccurate. The telephone conversation recorded by wiretaps remains under federal seal. If and when that seal is removed, we’ll find out.”
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Defamation might be hard for Ayton to prove, what will not be hard is he is 19 and ESPN showed reckless disregard for his privacy...

Ayton might be the very first #1 draft pick to get a double double in contract money.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:Mark schlabach came out of his bunker and was on sports center saying he stands by his reporting
What he said

“Based on my conversations this weekend, I have no reason to believe anything in that story is inaccurate. The telephone conversation recorded by wiretaps remains under federal seal. If and when that seal is removed, we’ll find out.”
So don't worry you changed the timing of the conversation 3 times now?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:
What he said

So: Schlabach is basically saying " I believe my sources who are either in jail or trying to corrupt a federal case rather than the ABOR/Miller/DOJ/UA own investigation/Aytons Lawyers/etc...
"
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
What he said

What that means:

My source told me something. I accurately conveyed what my source told me. I think he/she is a good fellow. Whether it is actually what's in the wiretaps...is not the question at hand.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:BREAKING: Sean Miller leaked a false report to ESPN so his team could come together and play with effort and play defense.
It's a gutsier strategy than just drawing a T to spark the team like a normal coach.

This story has had the most insane, dramatic shifts in facts and tone.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Longhorned wrote:

again, im speculating
Thank you, 97. It makes sense that this situation has opened great new possibilities for what's next.

But regardless, something happened today: Sean Miller reached the highest level of True Wildcat today. Coaches move from program to program, and generally they don't have any college identity central to the core of their souls. Miller had always been a former Pitt player and former Xavier head coach whom we were proud to have leading our Cats at Arizona.

Not anymore. This dude bleeds Wildcat red and blue forever. He's the stuff of Arizona legends.
The support Miller has gotten from Arizona fans is truly amazing to witness. Not just here either. It will be deafening when he walks through that tunnel tonight and when his name is announced at the conclusion of the starting lineups. I wonder if Sean Miller truly understands how much he is loved, and how much of the fan support over the past 6 days has gotten back to him.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote:
What he said

What that means:

My source told me something. I accurately conveyed what my source told me. I think he/she is a good fellow. Whether it is actually what's in the wiretaps...is not the question at hand.
100. Worthless "standing by our reporting" since their reporting is only "we heard something and reported it."
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cats101 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
I honestly thought Jay was better than this.

But when you have ties to ESPN, I guess I don't expect him to trash the guy.
He’s a lawyer. He’ll tell you that he trusts that Schlabach heard from a source or sources that Miller is on tape talking about $100K to secure Ayton. Says nothing about trusting the veracity of the source...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

NYCat wrote:
Fucking awesome.