ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: ASU blows

Post by Beachcat97 »

84Cat wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:08 am I was talking to an ASU alumni the other day and he is done with Bobby Boy. Says it's time to move on. He can't stand his whining and side line antics. So I doubt he survives this season unless things turn around very soon
Think Hurley is done in Tempe. His recruiting has fallen off, and they've underachieved multiple times. It's not like ASU's an easy place to win, but he just hasn't moved the needle. Sendek did much better.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Often it's rewarding to listen to games on radio because you can hear Bobby Boy losing his mind.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

When you lose to USF you should lose your mind
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The PAC is microwaved dog shit. Thanks Bobby Boy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm gonna miss Bobby. He really has been the perfect coach for ASU in every possible way.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:09 pm I'm gonna miss Bobby. He really has been the perfect coach for ASU in every possible way.
I am with you 100%. I’ve long advocated that they lock him up with a ridiculously long contract with an equally ridiculous buyout. He is the IDEAL coach for ASSU. Completely mediocre AND a total embarrassment on game day. I love Bobby Hurley.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

And Bobby lost to San Fran which isn't super bad, but San Fran lost to grand canyon last night!!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

f*ck ASU
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Hurley hasn't elevated the program at all. Sendek was a NIT top seed a few times when the tournament was 65 teams. Hurley made the First Four how many times? Hurley certainly benefited from the tournament expansion. Hurley upgraded the schedule, but that's about it.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ASU making the First Four was the best thing ever. Enough to give them hope of making it to the tournament, but when they lost it made their tears taste all the more delicious.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:lol:

2 First Fours with no wins, sure thing Jeff. Along with "its" not "it's".

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They shut off the power instead of getting punked at home? Good move.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I love everything about ASU
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I am going though hell right now...

My daughter got accepted to ASU. That's not a big deal because it's not hard to get into and she applied there because they have an outstanding dance team (she applied to many schools based off of that). But now they are sending her marketing merchandise, etc.. to try and convince her to go there.

So she now throws that shit in my face every chance she gets with a smile that says "I know this bugs the shit out of you".
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I am so happy I had one go to UofA and one to NAU.
Couldn't handle that ketchup and mustard in my house.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:43 am I am going though hell right now...

My daughter got accepted to ASU. That's not a big deal because it's not hard to get into and she applied there because they have an outstanding dance team (she applied to many schools based off of that). But now they are sending her marketing merchandise, etc.. to try and convince her to go there.

So she now throws that shit in my face every chance she gets with a smile that says "I know this bugs the shit out of you".
I suggest printing up some materials with titles like "How to cut your kids out of your Will" and put them all over the house and add ASU stickers to them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Caught the end of the ASU - San Francisco game on PAC-12 Arizona last night. About 15 seconds left, up 2, they miss the front end of a one and one, then foul a guy shooting an awkward 3 point shot. He makes all 3 free throws. Lololol
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:43 am I am going though hell right now...

If you disown her now you can get out of paying that ingrate’s tuition.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

My oldest is a junior in college. And while we live in Gilbert, she has no desire to stay home and go to ASu. We visited the Bay Area and she fell in love with Berkeley. If she gets accepted, which is about 50/50, we'll try and make it work. If not, she jokes UArizona is her safety school!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

My twins are sophs. One at ASU and one out of state. I’ve got a feeling my youngest is going to ASU next year. She’s got a scholly at the U, but I don’t think she’ll go there.

Iowa is an option, they have to at minimum give an out of state waiver
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm honestly at the stage where I have to dig deep to hate ASU, other than ASU sports specifically. I work with ASU people every day and we have all the same shared interests and hatred toward the same entities that get in our way. Some of them went to U of A. Most of them don't even notice sports.

And today's ASU students currently rooting for the Sun Devils are children.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

LH- those are really close to “should we start a ban thread” words.

:lol:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'm kinda the same honestly. Sports wise, fuck ASU. But outside of that I can't really muster up much hatred when there's other things to get upset about in the world.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

f*ck ASU
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

what 97 said
-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

What 97 and UAE said
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What 97, UAE, and EastCoastCat said.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

azgreg wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:38 pm What 97, UAE, and EastCoastCat said.
In the running for post of the year!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Hey, I even gave props to ASU students the other day. Another forum was discussing Rittenhouse claiming he was going to ASU Nursing school.

I said I have to credit the ASU students protesting even the thought of that happening without being lured to the protest with out free beer and wet t-shirt competitions.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I truly hate Wiscy, and there was never a moment of indecision on my part as to whom I wanted to get curbstomped in the stands.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Were the guys fighting all asu fans?

That's what it looked like.

How crazy.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:16 pm Were the guys fighting all asu fans?

That's what it looked like.

How crazy.
Me too. WTF?

ASSU fans are the biggest jag offs in all of sports.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Who do I have to fuck in order to keep Bobby Boy Hurley from getting fired?

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:D

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

GFY Kyle
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Still a punk bitch.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Kyle, show us your tits.

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Were good and you're not. Nothing has changed Kyle.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

TheCat wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:42 pm Were good and you're not. Nothing has changed Kyle.

I um, have gotten to know a handful of nice female young alumni in the past few years; some of them are even pretty impressive in their professional lives. Most of them aren't particularly allegiant to the school and went because of financial aid packages which I can respect.

Still a clown school. And let me emphasize, coming from someone who didn't grow up in Arizona and wasn't a fan until I enrolled of the teams:

F*** ASU
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

So Saturday night ASU loses by 18 to Fatty Battey and the Buffs, the same team we beat by 21 on Thursday. That's one issue. And Bobby Hurley joins Bob Weinhauer (Penn Final Four), Bill Frieder (Michigan Fab Five title architect), Rob Evans (Ole Miss NCAAs), and Herb Sendek (NC St Sweet 16) as coaches who took their careers to ASU to die. But the sole remaining newspaper in Phoenix (4.6M) can't manage to even get a generic AP game story for a home game on their website by noon the following day? Yeah, it was a bad loss guys, but you still have to cover it.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

IDK if this is true but still funny. Box score has 7500+ attendance
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Oh Bobby boy
the Forks, the Forks
are falling .....

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

They take Social Distancing seriously at asu
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:07 pm They take Social Distancing seriously at asu
The forgot to include the curtain.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

That shot is almost as amazing as Herb Sendek eating alone after coaching his final ASU game.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

We've got a road swing coming up that actually means something, so I hesitate to even raise the issue of the arrested development mud throwers, but we'll play them immediately afterward, so I guess I will. Can anybody even imagine an Arizona basketball fan putting up a billboard showing how lop-sided things are in the rivalry? No, because it goes without saying, like the sun rising in the east, and they're so pathetic, it would amount to damning ourselves with faint praise. That's also true in a number of other sports. But I detect younger brother desperate-for-attention tantrum behavior over our success in men's and women's hoops and the anticipation for baseball and softball. And nary a thought about ASU in that set of sports, which focuses much more on UCLA, Oregon, and Stanford. Obviously football's been our albatross, and the low-wage Cronkite interns who surf the web for click-bait just found a new billboard touting ASU's success at beating our 1-10 team. But, even with our current reduced circumstances, our football accomplishments in the Pac era (and who counts much before that?) are closer to theirs than they'd like to admit. Just don't worry about the specific name on a bowl and look at top ten finishes. And also ask how excited we've ever been at participating in the lower-tier bowls, particularly if we'd lose. Boy, Shreveport and El Paso sure were fun. Meanwhile, Fisch is killing it in recruiting, they're going on probation, and we're picked ahead of them for next season. So, congrats to them for extending the conversation on their disappointing season while we've turned the page. We'll press them into oblivion at McKale, their savior Hurley will be fired, and we'll win at everything that matters the rest of the school year. So yuck it up, fellas; I guess it's better than kicking the dog.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:07 pm They take Social Distancing seriously at asu
It's funny. I was watching a game on the SEC Network last night. Their slogan for their league is "It Just Means More", which is certainly true in football. But, they rolled through a series of still action shots of their various basketball teams, and the one consistent thing was the rows of empty seats in the background, which looked just like an ASU basketball game. And THEN they put their slogan at the bottom. Looks like they need to spend more of that football money on a consultant to do a little better job with the quality-control/optics/messaging review process on their promos.