UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by TheCat »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:37 pm P12 regular title is nice, get Jaime some rest next week, do some damage in the P12 tournament, lock up a 1 seed and get back to the Final Four.
Well Jamie just played 35 minutes along with Tyger against ASU in a blowout. Make be they needed the practice. I think you should be a 1 seed but not in the West (Houston). It would be a stretch to see you in the final four with a team that has trouble scoring and gets 80% of their offensive output from 2 players. Hopefully we meet in the finals of the PAC Tourney.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

He and Tyger both might. Their pro potential is really non existent for Tyger and JJJ only if he can be a guard. NLI should be better in the new league right?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:17 pm He and Tyger both might. Their pro potential is really non existent for Tyger and JJJ only if he can be a guard. NLI should be better in the new league right?
Wait, JJJ doesn't have a pro potential outside of playing guard? And league? What league?

UCLA is averaging like 74 points per game this year. The adjusted offense isn't to bad. But they are prone to dry spells, correct.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well I was talking the NBA where JJJ can't compete anywhere but guard. He doesn't have the size. Not downplaying his heart but that doesn't matter when the guy your playing against is 2-3 inches taller and more athletic. He has a future overseas. If he was a dead eye shooter that would be different but he is not.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Most of the run of the mill power forwards in the NBA are listed at 6'8. JJJ is listed at 6'7, and you think he will play guard in the NBA? I've literally never heard anyone say that JJJ needs to play guard. He doesn't have the athleticism and foot speed to play there. There average height of NBA SF's last year was 6'6.4. that's listed height. JJJ is listed at 6'7. Average listed weight of an NBA SF is 213 pounds. JJJ is listed at 225. I'm cool with believing JJJ might have inflated numbers for height and weight, but he literally fits in as your run of the mill NFA forward/wing.

And the league, I meant NLI for what league.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well what do I know. Just checked some mock drafts and they have Bona listed as a first rounder. That is a shock. I did not see JJJ in any of the ones I checked but saw him in Chad Fords top 45 at 35. He reminds me a bit of Dalen Terry who was drafted in the first round but had no business being picked that high. I think the NBA envisioned Dalen as a 3 and D guy but shooting was suspect till the end of the year.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Bona has freak athleticism and incredible footwork. He's extremely raw. He'll test well in the combine setting. While you can develop that rawness, he's basically a center in a 6'8 body.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well 6'8 centers are not in demand unless your name is Green. Most centers today have to be able to hit at least some outside shots.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

No matter how this UCLA-Arizona game ends, UCLA will be in good hands with McClendon and Andrews going forward.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:07 pm No matter how this UCLA-Arizona game ends, UCLA will be in good hands with McClendon and Andrews going forward.
Not when you get butt fucked once you are “welcomed” by the B1G.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:12 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:07 pm No matter how this UCLA-Arizona game ends, UCLA will be in good hands with McClendon and Andrews going forward.
We got our first taste vs Maryland this year.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:18 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:12 pm
We got our first taste vs Maryland this year.
Bwahaha. That’s not even close to what shit you guys will get. Better pack your big boy pants.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Disappointed to lose Clark for what I expect to be a significant amount of time. UCLA definitely in trouble unfortunately.

Good game guys. The sooner both programs leave these refs, the better.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

It's a real shame about Clark - reminds me of Arizona a few years ago when we lost Brandon Ashley late in the season - might of cost us a National Championship.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I assume this is sarcasm, or you just think actual play has anything to do with future play.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

If the U of A faces UCLA on the third consecutive day of thne tourney, I'd expect the team with a seven man rotation to be at a relative disadvantage.

Maybe time to revert to ten man rotation for a week!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

TheCat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:08 pm Well at least the talk of their all world freshman center and one and done freshman guard is on hold for now. Ill. who killed them yesterday was handled fairly easy by Virginia. This is Mic's deepest team ever according to him. Well then it must be coaching.
I never could understand the pass he got last year as an overwhelming favorite and lost both the PAC by multiple games and PAC tourney to a 5th rated conference team. Mic's biggest problem is going to be his surprise run to the final four. Coaches with high expectations that disappoint are the most vulnerable.
We will have our own challenges this week and it will be interesting to see how we fair.
Bona was Freshmen of the Year for the P12.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Adams wants no part of Micro Mick. Kansas doesn't lose too many recruiting battles with ucla, nor should they.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Merkin wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:13 am
I don't fault anyone for getting paid and I respect him for at least saying he went there for the money and not some dumb reason like academics or the weather like a lot of these kids say to cover up the highest bidder aspect.

Hoping we get Bona and Bailey back
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sometimes guys just pick the better basketball program. Kansas has two NCs and four FFs since ucla's last national title.

Saying his choice of Kansas is only about money is stupid.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

It's like old times here, RC97 trolling out of his ass, disappearing when UCLa punks him, and gets called out. A time honored tradition!

“I chose Kansas because of the NIL opportunities"

Literally the first thing out of his mouth when asked why he picked Kansas. Hence me commenting on why it's refreshing when kids are honest on why they pick schools.

Heh
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:15 am It's like old times here, RC97 trolling out of his ass, disappearing when UCLa punks him, and gets called out. A time honored tradition!

“I chose Kansas because of the NIL opportunities"

Literally the first thing out of his mouth when asked why he picked Kansas. Hence me commenting on why it's refreshing when kids are honest on why they pick schools.

Heh
Sometimes I think, maybe he's right. Then I quickly remember that you're a ucla fan on a freaking Arizona fan message board, and I realize that I've encountered few bigger losers than you in my life.

Back on ignore you go!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

BeachCat's hate for all things UCLA really is something.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:09 pm BeachCat's hate for all things UCLA really is something.
Oh I just gotta call out their fans for being trolls. This guy is basically the very definition of a troll and has been for years.

He also only comes out of his sewer when ucla is halfway decent, which is so on brand for bruin fans.

Anyway, eff ucla. Done with this thread now.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Other than dunking on the usual RC97 nonsense, curious which actual trolling I've done on this board. I've actually posted less this year than most other years and UCLA won the conference, so more RC97 hot takes right there...lol
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I have no patience for trolls.

Bug is not a troll.

(If anything BC trolls Bug)
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:36 pm I have no patience for trolls.

Bug is not a troll.

(If anything BC trolls Bug)
Have to agree. If anything Bug bends over backward to post what I call non-inflammatory remarks.
I think he (assuming it's a he) is mindful this is a UA message board and I respect that. And I actually think his takes are brutally honest whether pro-UCLA or not.

Have to call 'em like I see 'em. And I think on the old board we went at it once...but I'm getting old and have no time nor patience for holding grudges.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I appreciate Bug's insights into the UCLA program.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I consider Bug among "the loyal opposition"

A troll citing him as "so on brand for bruin fans", obviously hasn't noted "some of those over-entitled Arizona fans" around here...

We've come a long way, baby!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:53 pm I appreciate Bug's insights into the UCLA program.
For sure. And it does seem funny for a UA fan to be calling out a UCLA fan for posting on a thread about UCLA. Beachcat seems to be the troll here.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bug is good people.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

BC is the biggest idiot on this board. Always has been. Every time he posts, it's comical. Azcatfan2 is trying his best to take the crown, but there's no chance.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Wait, what? Are you forgetting Corporal Oblivious?
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Tad Boyle loves to play spoiler. Bruins better be on their game today with the early start and having to replace Clark.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 am Wait, what? Are you forgetting Corporal Oblivious?
He got promoted?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Merkin wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:53 pm I appreciate Bug's insights into the UCLA program.
I agree with this, I think he tries hard to maintain decorum, and keeps coming back because, for the most part, we treat him with respect.

Thanks for sharing.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Not liking the way this game is going so far. Daring us to make jumpshots and Will Richardson is now hitting everything suddenly.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Going to previous scripts. Oregon led at half of both previous games before UCLA out toughed them when it counted. It will be no different tonight
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Boba, looks like that hurt!

Ouch, hope he's all right!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If we lose Bona and Clark, might as well ship us east, give us the 3 and be done with it.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Hope it's not as bad as it looked.

Looked like they were being really careful with it.
-Norlander.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Looks like Bona fell on the ball. (on a great effort play!) - I think he might have a broken collar bone.

Hope I’m wrong - he’s been one if the brightest lights in the conference (country, actually) this season…

Fuck injuries!!!

― Kinky Friedman
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Bona was probably leaning towards coming back for another year, but this probably seals the deal if it's a major injury
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

If Bona and Clark are gonna be out, might have to start cheering for them tonight!
-Norlander.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Bona back on the sideline. No wrap or ice, which probably means dislocation
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Good, hope he's all right.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Might as well keep him out, dont need him out there.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well at least this ain't going to ot
-Norlander.