Just Boeheim being accurate again, right Gumby?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

salim'sheadband

Just Boeheim being accurate again, right Gumby?

Post by salim'sheadband »

splitsecond

Re: Just Boeheim being accurate again, right Gumby?

Post by splitsecond »

If only he would have been honest about the child rapist he employed for several years.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

This isnt just reprehensible, its head scratching. UA is "A Players Program" Who wouldnt want to play for a team like ours? What is the point of abusing guys going pro?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Banned!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Banned!
Convenient
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Convenient
My thoughts exactly...didn't come up last year when they were undefeated at the time eh?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Convenient
My thoughts exactly...didn't come up last year when they were undefeated at the time eh?
And it nips any further punishment in the bud so that when the team is significantly better in '16 and '17 they'll be able to play in the post season.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

They should be Fine provided nobody on the staff goes around touching little boys.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Doesn't this actually help a bubble ACC team? Certainly can't hurt them.

Hope the NCAA does more - highly unlikely.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Olsondogg wrote:They should be Fine provided nobody on the staff goes around touching little boys.
Why that scandal got swept under the rug is besides me. It's one of the worst offenses anybody can commit, and he was on Boeheim's staff for how long? And there is testimony that Boeheim and his wife had suspicions? You can't spend 7 days a week with someone, be on the road, for multiple years (decades?) and not suspect something. I used to respect Boeheim, but the Fine story threw that entirely out the window and I think he's a bad guy.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Refresh my memory.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Calipari just ripped on Karl-Anthony Towms. Hope the young man will be OK.
salim'sheadband

gumby wrote:Calipari just ripped on Karl-Anthony Towms. Hope the young man will be OK.
So you do remember then?

Anyway, I'm sure he will, because (among other things) when the time comes for him to leave, Calipari will tell the NBA teams how great he is, and how hard he works, and that he's ready for the next level, and Calipari will be there to support him at the draft and beyond. He won't undermine him every step of the way.

Consider your boss telling your coworkers that "Gumby fucked up today" when you know, yeah, you fucked up, but you're good at what you do and he's an okay boss and your coworkers are understanding and you'll all get past it. Now consider your boss going out of his way to tell your next employer that "No, Gumby's not fit to work for you," after you'd done great work for him, had already made the decision to leave the company, and had asked for a recommendation. And if you don't see the difference between the two there's not much more for me to say.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I don't understand gumby's role in this. But I do know that if gumby were to, say, park in his boss's reserved parking space, I'd hope his boss's car was already in that space, and that his boss was in his front seat and, upon impact, poured hot coffee all over his thighs. Because that boss really pissed me off with Salim's post.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Jim Boeheim is becoming Lou Holtz without the lisp--or vagueness.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bosy Billups wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:They should be Fine provided nobody on the staff goes around touching little boys.
Why that scandal got swept under the rug is besides me. It's one of the worst offenses anybody can commit, and he was on Boeheim's staff for how long? And there is testimony that Boeheim and his wife had suspicions? You can't spend 7 days a week with someone, be on the road, for multiple years (decades?) and not suspect something. I used to respect Boeheim, but the Fine story threw that entirely out the window and I think he's a bad guy.

He's a bad guy.
gumby

Post by gumby »

salim'sheadband wrote:
gumby wrote:Calipari just ripped on Karl-Anthony Towms. Hope the young man will be OK.
So you do remember then?

Anyway, I'm sure he will, because (among other things) when the time comes for him to leave, Calipari will tell the NBA teams how great he is, and how hard he works, and that he's ready for the next level, and Calipari will be there to support him at the draft and beyond. He won't undermine him every step of the way.

Consider your boss telling your coworkers that "Gumby fucked up today" when you know, yeah, you fucked up, but you're good at what you do and he's an okay boss and your coworkers are understanding and you'll all get past it. Now consider your boss going out of his way to tell your next employer that "No, Gumby's not fit to work for you," after you'd done great work for him, had already made the decision to leave the company, and had asked for a recommendation. And if you don't see the difference between the two there's not much more for me to say.
Always a welcoming line for discussions.

I see the difference between what Boeheim did and your hyperbolic example. Anyway, sorry this stuck with you for so long.
salim'sheadband

gumby wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:
So you do remember then?

I see the difference between what Boeheim did and your hyperbolic example. Anyway, sorry this stuck with you for so long.
I wasn't holding out much hope of a discussion with you anyway, since I've rarely, if ever, seen you offer more than the drive-by snide comment. Anyway yeah maybe someday I'll be as cool as you and it won't linger with me. I'll work toward it every day.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I have no memory of what this thread refers to but I take issue with the apparent low regard for the art of the drive by snide comment. Is there a disagreement about the degree to which Boeheim is a jerk to his players in press conferences?
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm gonna honor the process of healing, and drive on.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm having flashbacks to my parents' divorce. Please don't make me choose who I want to live with!!!
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

salim'sheadband wrote:
gumby wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:
So you do remember then?

I wasn't holding out much hope of a discussion with you anyway, since I've rarely, if ever, seen you offer more than the drive-by snide comment. Anyway yeah maybe someday I'll be as cool as you and it won't linger with me. I'll work toward it every day.

I don't know what we're yelling about!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm thinking about firing up a charcoal grill out in the snow and cooking up an Ora King salmon.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

RIP Boeheim and Syracuse Basketball
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Boeheim will retire before he serves any of that.

Too bad he didn't before the violations went down, as it could've saved the program a good deal of grief.

But then again, it would've also made him look incredibly guilty--which he is, but that's beside the point in his mind.

Looking forward to Steven Masiello and Steve Lavin picking up the shattered 'cuse recruit remnants at Manhattan and St. John's.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Is this for the Bernie Fine thing?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bosy Billups wrote:Is this for the Bernie Fine thing?
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... hoarlships
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bosy Billups wrote:Is this for the Bernie Fine thing?
Somehow, the Fine thing quieted down despite the distinct likelihood that SU and Boeheim probably knowingly employed a child molester and allowed him access to kids. This is other ways in which Boeheim is a bad person.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

This should probably be peace out for Jim.
salim'sheadband

NCAA being honest with Boeheim.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

salim'sheadband wrote:NCAA being honest with Boeheim.
:lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

salim'sheadband wrote:NCAA being honest with Boeheim.
You know, for whatever controversy surrounded the end of Lute's run here, at least he didn't behave like a jackass and send the program down in sleazy flames. The NCAA just trashed Cuse. The only thing they really left was the national championship.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Does this mean in 2 years they'll just waive all the rest of their punishment like they did with Penn St this year?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:Does this mean in 2 years they'll just waive all the rest of their punishment like they did with Penn St this year?
No, this is for violating NCAA rules, not unimportant stuff like covering up child rape. Syracuse did both, so they won't get the PSU retraction.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

gotcha...i never found out that much about Mr. Boeheim in this situation. But now I know. And fck them.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Here's the full decision text. It gets pretty direct about Boeheim.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... G1wWmuMM-w
gumby

Post by gumby »

Wow. Sanctions for saying his players aren't ready for the League. :roll:

But, seriously, works for me. I would've taken the title, too.

Went from second to sixth in all-time wins. He should be severed from USA Baskeetball, too.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/in ... _big-photo
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:I'm having flashbacks to my parents' divorce. Please don't make me choose who I want to live with!!!
Just saw this. :lol: It was all your mother's idea. Didn't even know she was mad.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Wow. Sanctions for saying his players aren't ready for the League. :roll:

But, seriously, works for me. I would've taken the title, too.

Went from second to sixth in all-time wins. He should be severed from USA Baskeetball, too.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/in ... _big-photo
You know, he's a great college basketball coach, but morally, his compass is off. He could really have used another year to develop that.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

UNC has gotta be poopin
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah Roy has to be scrapping his pants about now
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

The NCAA is such a random institution that I'm not sure you can take anything from this investigation and scale it to UNC. If you wanted me to make a guess as to what is going to happen my guess would be this: when people compare the Cuse and UNC penalties, nobody will be able to make heads or tails of them or understand why this or that happened or be able to compare egregiousness versus penalty and make it comprehendible in any sort of way.

At least that has been the (recent?) history of the NCAA.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SCCats wrote:The NCAA is such a random institution that I'm not sure you can take anything from this investigation and scale it to UNC. If you wanted me to make a guess as to what is going to happen my guess would be this: when people compare the Cuse and UNC penalties, nobody will be able to make heads or tails of them or understand why this or that happened or be able to compare egregiousness versus penalty and make it comprehendible in any sort of way.

At least that has been the (recent?) history of the NCAA.
The NCAA might respond to UNC by revoking more scholarships from USC's football team. I agree wholeheartedly that their punishments (and the way they're rescinded) makes zero sense. Sometimes (Miami) it's partially based on how much misconduct the NCAA engages in during its own investigation.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Interesting that the NCAA has effectually punished Syracuse Basketball more harshly than they punished Penn State. I can't say it is unbelievable because it is the NCAA after all.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Douche statement from boeheim

i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Every statement by Boeheim is inherently douchy. Including "good morning".
az91

Post by az91 »

Boeheim should retire at the end of this season.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:The NCAA might respond to UNC by revoking more scholarships from USC's football team.
Boise State football just got a letter from the NCAA: they're going to figure out the imputed value of Boise's schadenfreude over Syracuse getting sanctions, find that to be an improper benefit and declare those football players ineligible for the upcoming year and cause Boise State to lose some scholarships.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

For the record, Seth Davis and Clark Kellogg had no issue with it.