Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CBCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CBCat »

drallafi wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Katzenfreund wrote:Miller should consider hiring better offensive assistants. Shooting, playing against various defensive schemes as well as utilizing our physical advantages leaves a lot to be desired. As long as he can't figure out how to consistently maximize our talent on both ends of the floor, the Elite Eight will be his ceiling.
Sean Miller is an excellent recruiter and an excellent defensive coach. But he can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag on the offensive end.

To be fair, if Elliot Pitts hit even one of his many wide open missed three's, this game probably ends differently.
Also free throws were putrid again. No excuse for that.

This is the link for presser??? http://pac-12.com/videos/university-arizona What time is the presser pacific time?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Sometimes, the question rattles around in this big head of mine:

Is the great adjustment recruits make to the way Miller coaches them...or the way the games are being called?

Zeus had his beast moments as a freshman. You remember the tip dunk attempts, the bulling his way to the rim--but the officials in this conference never reward such aggressiveness when it comes to Arizona IMHO.

I could be wrong, because I used to think that was the same problem with Ashley's defense until he got exposed the last couple games. But I can't help but think that this program continues to work at a disadvantage in player development with the way the games are called.

I mean, why did the Beavers get to the line so many times? Legit fouls or hometown 50/50 calls?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Miller was pretty brutal in the press conference just now. Said the team was selfish and didn't give much effort on defense. Also talked about how challenging it was to keep everyone focused on team goals and gave a slight chuckle to Stanley going pro.

And I only caught the last few minutes. Can't wait for the whole thing to be put up.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

AZCatGirl wrote:Miller was pretty brutal in the press conference just now. Said the team was selfish and didn't give much effort on defense. Also talked about how challenging it was to keep everyone focused on team goals and gave a slight chuckle to Stanley going pro.

And I only caught the last few minutes. Can't wait for the whole thing to be put up.
I had a feeling Stanley's audition year would be the turd in the team punch bowl.

He plays like Marcus Williams at times...
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona Basketball - Oregon State Post Game

http://tucson.com/online/video/more-spo ... 8354b.html
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote: He plays like Marcus Williams at times...
And as we all know what asked/told not to come back by Lute.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Coop Cat wrote:
Gotta hand it to Miller. He knows the problem and knows that they are playing as a team "lacking unity".

At this rate, we aren't getting out of the first weekend.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Darn I missed it. Hour behind in Los Angeles. Rats. Curious to watch.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Disappointing to hear the team is somewhat disjointed just one year removed from witnessing how pulling together leads to excellence. Sounds like it goes deeper than one player.

Juggling 5 stars must be like juggling knives.

Come back, Nick Johnson!

http://tucson.com/sports/ua-guard-johns ... 4d909.html
I want to be so close like Louisville,” Johnson said. “Their player went down, and you saw the whole bench get up, and some of the players were crying. That’s how close they were. It was literally like they were brothers.

“I think if you can have that (feeling), every person does their job because they don’t want to let down their brother. It just makes the team that much better.”

So with that in mind, and with the help of his house-finding girlfriend, Johnson locked up six of his teammates into a duplex over the summer.
Now that's an MVP.
Last edited by gumby on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Right where I want to be.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CBCat wrote:Darn I missed it. Hour behind in Los Angeles. Rats. Curious to watch.
anyone know when/where it will be up to watch?
Machina

Post by Machina »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Coop Cat wrote:
Gotta hand it to Miller. He knows the problem and knows that they are playing as a team "lacking unity".

At this rate, we aren't getting out of the first weekend.
I don't think you can go that far based off what we have seen so far.

The teams that played @Oregon, ASU and Michigan make it to the final four or elite 8.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
CBCat wrote:Darn I missed it. Hour behind in Los Angeles. Rats. Curious to watch.
anyone know when/where it will be up to watch?
Arizona Athletic web site.
gumby

Post by gumby »

AZCatGirl wrote:Miller was pretty brutal in the press conference just now. Said the team was selfish and didn't give much effort on defense. Also talked about how challenging it was to keep everyone focused on team goals and gave a slight chuckle to Stanley going pro.

Miller with the KO.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I really think that some of you are taking a comment and jumping off the ledge with it. Miller has stated that last years version was the closest and best team he's ever been around. Hard to live up to that expectation in the future.

When he speaks of being united, I believe he means on the floor. Last year Gordon and to a lesser degree NJ covered up so many defensive lapses or holes, that it is a bit of a shock when that failsafe is not on the floor. Furthermore those two players were probably as unselfish as you could find on a basketball floor, when it came to doing whatever it took to get the team a W.

I am not discounting the fact that the staff has had to keep a frosh's ego in check, or that there have been "me" type players in the system, one of which is not in the system anymore. But I don't feel that a comment Miller makes in a presser is anything more or less than a comment used for some purpose. He made a comment in an early presser to try to quell the expectation level of fans early in the year with a new team, and he's doing that now. He's used the media in the past to motivate or focus a team on something, and he'll do it again in the future.

I get that people on a message board want to analyze everything, but at some point you have to let the team chemistry "problem" go, when the players are telling you it's not an issue.

The issue is the defense, and the lack of consistency of effort in some of the games. Again I am glad it's being addressed in mid-January.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Pascoe

Post by Merkin »

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/f ... d5344.html

Fed up with his team’s defensive effort – and the potential reason behind it – UA coach Sean Miller laced his press conference today with some strong words.

He said the Wildcats' inconsistent defensive efforts points to being “selfish” – as NBA rumblings may be a factor in the back of their heads -- and noted that the “tremendous challenge” of keeping this particular group can “suck the life out of you.”

Here was the full context of those remarks:

“We say it here a lot -- if you’re a totally committed team on the defensive end, it’s really hard to say our team is selfish and if you have a team that picks and chooses how hard we play on defense then I think everybody would have the right to call our team selfish,” Miller said. “Because what happens is you’re more worried about what you’re doing. You’re more worried about how the game’s going for you.

“You’re disappointed that you didn’t get a shot in the last few minutes and your mindset and effort level isn’t on the play at hand -- it’s on what just happened. You start to think about that the stats that you’re gonna get on offense aren’t going to be good enough to be an NBA player and you start to think about the NBA and then you get a phone call after the game or a text message saying you’re not doing enough on offense and the whole thing goes to…”

Miller didn’t finish that sentence but you can imagine how he might have.

Miller said similar things two years ago when the Wildcats lost their edge, in part to a bit of individualism, but said this team is probably ahead of that one.

“Two years ago we had an excellent season,” he said. “One of the parts of that season was we had pockets of the Pac-12 where we unraveled defensively and it didn’t cost us a great season but it probably cost us a conference championship or maybe that next level. Instead of being right at the cusp of a number of great things we weren’t quite able to break through because our defense never really became excellent. Last year you saw what it felt like to be the best, or among the best.

“Where we’re at this year, we’re kind of in between. In many ways we’ve advanced beyond perhaps where we would have been two years ago but we’re nowhere near where we were last year.”

Miller was asked how he can guard against a team becoming selfish.

Short answer: It’s really tough.

Longer answer:

“I think with the great teams in college basketball (you) realize with team success, a lot of great individual accolades follow,” Miller said. “With a lack of team success very few follow. Not everybody believes that but it’s ongoing. It’s about working at it every single day in today’s climate of college sports, especially in basketball, because guys can leave in a year or a semester, two years. It’s about really working at that team unity and togetherness every day. It’s not easy.

“It’s difficult and I would say this team in particular is a tremendous challenge to make sure that we’re united and about Arizona and about team and about defense every day. It can suck the life out of you.”
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

1. miller is spot on and I'm glad he said it.
2. And he wants to maybe go coach in the nba someday, but is having difficulty with getting this group of players on the same page?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Not good. Sucks actually, here I was thinking this is a FF team. Argggh
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So, regardless of our adjusted this or that, Miller isn't happy with the D.

Wonder how he feels about the O?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Machina

Post by Machina »

PieceOfMeat wrote:So, regardless of our adjusted this or that, Miller isn't happy with the D.

Wonder how he feels about the O?
The defense and rebounding is what cost the Cats vs Oregon State Sunday, even though the O didnt help much.

Meaning the defense played more below their potential than the offense did and it was still a mental boner that cost the Cats the win, well two or three in the final 30 seconds
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

HiCat wrote:Not good. Sucks actually, here I was thinking this is a FF team. Argggh
As opposed to the Miller teams that were?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Reydituto wrote:Gumby's been on fire the last two nights.

Which is odd, since I don't see him or Pokey melting.
Rode hard, put away wet. Thanks.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

gumby wrote:Top scoring teams

BYU, Davidson, Central Michigan, Iona, Incarnate Word, VMI, Arkansas, Duke.

Top scoring Top 10 teams: Duke, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona (75.1). Yes, six teams ahead of us scoring less. Wonder if they're searching for offensive coordinators.

FG percentage among Top 10 teams (with national ranking).

Gonzaga, 2
Duke, 5
Utah, 7
Arizona (14)
Wisconsin (20). You know, the San Antonio Spurs of college ball.

Where is Kentucky? How can they possibly get to a FF while trailing that offensive Neanderthal Sean Miller? Are there other areas of basketball, perhaps. Like rebounding and shutdown defense?

Thiis is like the football board where 90 percent of posts are about the offense when we lose. The worst offensive team in the conference shot 64 percent in the second half and got to the line 17 times. It's a problem. Hold them to a still bad 50 percent and we win pretty comfortably.
I think you might be mis-interpreting some of the posters.

Nobody is saying that defense isn't important or that we could have done a better job defensively against the Beavers. Some fans just think the offense could use some work. One dimensional defensive coaches haven't been particularly successful grabbing the brass ring as of late....although you could make a case for Ben Howland, even though he didn't win a national title. The more balanced teams (Pitinos Louisville teams come to mind) that play outstanding ball at both ends of the court are always a bigger threat to go all the way in March.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dmjcat wrote:

Top scoring Top 10 teams: Duke, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona (75.1). Yes, six teams ahead of us scoring less. Wonder if they're searching for offensive coordinators.

Gonzaga, 2
Duke, 5
Utah, 7
Arizona (14)

Where is Kentucky? How can they possibly get to a FF while trailing that offensive Neanderthal Sean Miller? Are there other areas of basketball, perhaps. Like rebounding and shutdown defense?

Thiis is like the football board where 90 percent of posts are about the offense when we lose. The worst offensive team in the conference shot 64 percent in the second half and got to the line 17 times. It's a problem. Hold them to a still bad 50 percent and we win pretty comfortably.

Nobody is saying that defense isn't important or that we could have done a better job defensively against the Beavers. Some fans just think the offense could use some work. One dimensional defensive coaches haven't been particularly successful grabbing the brass ring as of late....although you could make a case for Ben Howland, even though he didn't win a national title. The more balanced teams (Pitinos Louisville teams come to mind) that play outstanding ball at both ends of the court are always a bigger threat to go all the way in March.
Interesting that you choose to bring up Pitino when talking about offense. You have watched a Louisville game this year right? Enough to know that their "outstanding ball at both ends" ranks below Arizona in both ends.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Gonzaga, 2
Duke, 5
Utah, 7
Arizona (14)

Interesting that you choose to bring up Pitino when talking about offense. You have watched a Louisville game this year right? Enough to know that their "outstanding ball at both ends" ranks below Arizona in both ends.
So you are making the argument that Sean Millers offensive & defensive schemes are superior to Pitinos??? The same Pitino who has won multiple national titles at two different schools??? I would say the evidence falls on the side of Coach Pitino's system at this point.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

No, read a little closer.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:No, read a little closer.
I comprehend quite well........perhaps you should be more specific.

I'll say it again. Pitinos brand of ball, which emphasizes both ends of the court, is more successful (in my opinion) than one that emphasizes defense only.
gumby

Post by gumby »

All coaches emphasize both ends. Posters emphasize offense. Some even think teams with worse offensive numbers have better schemes.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:No, read a little closer.
I comprehend quite well........perhaps you should be more specific.

I'll say it again. Pitinos brand of ball, which emphasizes both ends of the court, is more successful (in my opinion) than one that emphasizes defense only.
If you really wanna compare apples to apples, we can compare the first 10 years of Pitino and Miller as head coaches...
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

gumby wrote:All coaches emphasize both ends. Posters emphasize offense. Some even think teams with worse offensive numbers have better schemes.
Agree that most posters over-emphasize offense.

On the 2nd point let me get this straight: You believe that Pitinos schemes (he has won two national titles at two different schools) are inferior to Millers???
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Gonzaga, 2
Duke, 5
Utah, 7
Arizona (14)

So you are making the argument that Sean Millers offensive & defensive schemes are superior to Pitinos??? The same Pitino who has won multiple national titles at two different schools??? I would say the evidence falls on the side of Coach Pitino's system at this point.
Reading your sniveling, moronic, defeatist diatribes on the FB forums is tough enough to take. Now your unprecedented level of ignorance and negativity has reached a new nadir. (Feel free to look that up on dictionary.com)

Pitino is how old and has been coaching how long? And Miller?

Neglecting those relevant facts... You are whining because (in your not-so-valuable opinion) Miller's record is not as accomplished as one of the 3 most successful coaches in the college game (and among its elder statesmen)?

You are a real piece of work. Take a good look in a real mirror, and let us know what you see. Then again, maybe you shouldn't.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Is Duke considered a good offensive team, and (until recently) widely acknowledged as the 2nd best team in the land)?

Tonight they lost their 2nd in a row to an unranked opponent, this time at home by almost 20 to a team with a recent home loss to Eastern Kentucky. I guess we are not the only team with no chance to make a Final 4.

Chances are that by the end of the season, nobody will. Since we cannot win, it should be consolation that by season's end they may need to cancel the tournament altogether.

Excellence is not perfection, and it is not determined in January.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Harvey Specter wrote:Excellence is not perfection, and it is not determined in January.
No, but if one's expectation or hope if of a national championship, hearing tough coachspeak about team chemistry from Miller halfway through the year doesn't fill one with confidence. I suppose if one is of the type to have brushed off such evidence two years ago, then one will probably do the same this year.

Personally, I know that hero ball worried me a couple of years back, and Miller's comments worry me similarly this year.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Gonzaga, 2
Duke, 5
Utah, 7
Arizona (14)

Reading your sniveling, moronic, defeatist diatribes on the FB forums is tough enough to take. Now your unprecedented level of ignorance and negativity has reached a new nadir. (Feel free to look that up on dictionary.com)

Pitino is how old and has been coaching how long? And Miller?

Neglecting those relevant facts... You are whining because (in your not-so-valuable opinion) Miller's record is not as accomplished as one of the 3 most successful coaches in the college game (and among its elder statesmen)?

You are a real piece of work. Take a good look in a real mirror, and let us know what you see. Then again, maybe you shouldn't.
sniveling, moronic, defeatist diatribes???? More personal attacks!

I'm sure the board mods will clean up your mess.........well, maybe not. LOL

I have some free advice. If you can't stand to read alternative opinions, then stay away from Public message boards, don't respond, or ignore the posts. Failure to do so makes you look moronic, sniveling and not particularly bright.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

“I think we have a group of guys who want to win and finish up this season, really strong,” Ashley said.I don’t think in terms of confidence or chemistry or anything like that; anything’s shaken up.”

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 047e8.html

Time to get back to work boys. Run hard, play tough, get the w.
gumby

Post by gumby »

dmjcat wrote:
gumby wrote:All coaches emphasize both ends. Posters emphasize offense. Some even think teams with worse offensive numbers have better schemes.
Agree that most posters over-emphasize offense.

On the 2nd point let me get this straight: You believe that Pitinos schemes (he has won two national titles at two different schools) are inferior to Millers???
You and O-Dogg were having the tangential Pitino argument. I think both are fine coaches. The "scheme" complaint suggests the team is following the plan as coached and is still struggling. I don't believe this. Happens to all coaches.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Love TJMC as one of the all time great PG's at Arizona...

But a tad disappointed as a 5th year senior he did not aggressively take the leadership role from Nick Johnson. He definitely has the skills, yells at Stanley and Stanley listens, plus he's the quarterback of the team. However, he has not (yet) taken the team under his control and make sure each player is accountable on every play.

Minor nitpick.

To note, last year's team was special and unique, can't expect many of those. Maybe Virginia is the us from last year...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Love TJMC as one of the all time great PG's at Arizona...

But a tad disappointed as a 5th year senior he did not aggressively take the leadership role from Nick Johnson. He definitely has the skills, yells at Stanley and Stanley listens, plus he's the quarterback of the team. However, he has not (yet) taken the team under his control and make sure each player is accountable on every play.

Minor nitpick.

To note, last year's team was special and unique, can't expect many of those. Maybe Virginia is the us from last year...
I actually think that TJ has taken the leadership role on this team, results notwithstanding. He's the most vocal guy on the court and in the huddle from what I've seen. And over his last three games he's averaging 13 points, 5.5 assists, 4.6 rebounds, and 2 steals and he's shooting 75% from the line and 56% from the field. If nothing else, he's leading by example out there.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I am always curious that there is a ton of discussion about team chemistry, what adjustments the coach does/does not make, how and where players are deficient, what the ceiling is for said team, etc.

Meanwhile the team is 14-2. I mean, is the sky falling on Duke message boards? Should it be?

Thing is, irregardless of what happens from week to week the Cats will be right there to contend for a conference championship, a conference tourney championship, and then a national championship.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Love TJMC as one of the all time great PG's at Arizona...

Minor nitpick.

I actually think that TJ has taken the leadership role on this team, results notwithstanding. He's the most vocal guy on the court and in the huddle from what I've seen. And over his last three games he's averaging 13 points, 5.5 assists, 4.6 rebounds, and 2 steals and he's shooting 75% from the line and 56% from the field. If nothing else, he's leading by example out there.
I noticed the same thing. He is always out there talking to his teammates and such.

My only complaint about TJ is his inability to draw the foul while driving, and losing his 3 point shot. Not sure what Kevin O'Neill is complaining about, TJ is quite the good on ball defender. I rarely see him out of position unlike Johnson, York, Pitts and so on.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I miss last year's team.....right now, as an avid fan, I feel like I've been kicked in both nuts with these pathetic losses. We were really spoiled by the leadership and character of Nick Johnson and the unselfishness of Aaron Gordon.....
Anyways, watching CSM speak, reminds me yet again, how frickin' blessed we are to have him as Coach. We can be constructively critical of him at times, but do have no doubt he is the best fit for our program and will lead us to a FF soon.....not sure if it will be this year or not anymore as his comments about selfishness worry me.
Once again, I hate how the NBA and these 'one and dones' have ruined the college game.....wish they could adopt something akin to Football (ie. minimum 3 years).....certainly would be a hell of a lot more fun following the teams and players.
Personally, I barely consider a one and done Wildcat as a real Wildcat (AG may be the exception due to how damned unselfish and special the kid was). Stanley may be fun to watch at times but the few chances I've had, I can just see how different from AG he is and seems like he is more 'for himself' than the team....am I wrong? I hope so......C'mon guys, losing to UNLV and OSU should embarass yourselves enough to pull your heads out of your butts and put it together.
BTFD as I'm worried this may be a disappointing season :-(
Last edited by Bangkok Wildcat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I miss last year's team.....right now, as an avid fan, I feel like I've been kicked in both nuts with these pathetic losses. We were really spoiled by the leadership and character of Nick Johnson and the unselfishness of Aaron Gordon.....
Anyways, watching CSM speak, reminds me yet again, how frickin' blessed we are to have him as Coach. We can be constructively critical of him at times, but do have no doubt he is the best fit for our program and will lead us to a FF soon.....not sure if it will be this year or not anymore as his comments about selfishness worry me.
Once again, I hate how the NBA and these 'one and dones' have ruined the college game.....wish they could adopt something akin to Football (ie. minimum 3 years).....certainly would be a hell of a lot more fun following the teams and players.
Personally, I barely consider a one and done Wildcat as a real Wildcat (AG may be the exception due to how damned unselfish and special the kid was). Stanley may be fun to watch at times but the few chances I've had, I can just see how different from AG he is and seems like he is more 'for himself' than the team....am I wrong? I hope so......C'mon guys, losing to UNLV and OSU should embarass yourselves enough to pull your heads out of your butts and put it together.
BTFD as I'm worried this may be a really disappointing season :-(
A post like this makes me remember how happy everyone was throughout the season last year. AG and NJ did no wrong, right?

Puhleeze...at some point next year you'll be talking about this years team too.
Bangkok Wildcat

Olsondogg wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I miss last year's team.....right now, as an avid fan, I feel like I've been kicked in both nuts with these pathetic losses. We were really spoiled by the leadership and character of Nick Johnson and the unselfishness of Aaron Gordon.....
A post like this makes me remember how happy everyone was throughout the season last year. AG and NJ did no wrong, right?

Incorrect, no one is perfect and I realize that. The one complaint I had about last year's team was AG at the Free Throw line.....that DID drive me nuts. Honestly though, that's all that I can recall that was negative.

Last year was a team that could have, and probably should have, won the NC. Still though, it was a really good TEAM.....operative word being TEAM.....watching the defense played was so damned fun.

Oh, and I really hope to be talking good about this year's team in the future too.....they certainly have time to turn it around! Bear Down.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Incorrect, no one is perfect and I realize that. The one complaint I had about last year's team was AG at the Free Throw line.....that DID drive me nuts. Honestly though, that's all that I can recall that was negative.

Last year was a team that could have, and probably should have, won the NC. Still though, it was a really good TEAM.....operative word being TEAM.....watching the defense played was so damned fun.
Ok, so only FT's drove you nuts. I guess I could choose to believe that...but I don't. I can remember some complaints about offensive woes last year as well...but hey, everythings rosy in hindsight.

Also, just so I'm clear about this, our defense is actually really good this year as well. Sure, we've dropped a couple of games where it failed...but that happened last year as well. It is foolish to write off this year, in January. I mean, for all we know you could be watching a NC team this year.
Bangkok Wildcat

Olsondogg wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Ok, so only FT's drove you nuts. I guess I could choose to believe that...but I don't. I can remember some complaints about offensive woes last year as well...but hey, everythings rosy in hindsight.

Also, just so I'm clear about this, our defense is actually really good this year as well. Sure, we've dropped a couple of games where it failed...but that happened last year as well. It is foolish to write off this year, in January. I mean, for all we know you could be watching a NC team this year.
Completely agree on not writing this team off....only an idiot would do that....just look back at our NC in '97......wasn't even our best team but if all clicks at the right time in the Tourney, anything is possible. I do have faith in CSM but obviously we have some concerning issues right now as expressed in his presser.

Let's Bear Down on taking care of business this week at home.....don't overlook CU and then beat a really good Utah team. BTW, who would have thought we'd be the lower ranked team at this time of year vs. Utah?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrFUfJgBliU

Elliot Pitts 4 3's, Brandon's rebounding good game stats.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

HiCat wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrFUfJgBliU

Elliot Pitts 4 3's, Brandon's rebounding good game stats.
It was really refreshing to see Brandon really step up against Utah, for whatever reason the kid has not been himself all season and this was a breakout game for him, he really played with an attitude, grabbed some huge boards, had some big put backs and attacked the rim a few times in ways we have not seen him do since early last year. If he continues to play like he did against Utah that will be another lethal weapon among many others that is going to make life miserable for opposing teams/coaches.