Pac-12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Pac-12 Game Thread

Post by ASUHATER! »

Crazy neither are to Arizona and to Asu instead. Maybe we can break that record tomorrow.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

That 1979 game was because Dick Kuchen was busy game-planning for Dr. Larry Demic, Joe "Tough As" Nehls and Russell "No Look" Brown.
Katzenfreund wrote:
Right where I want to be.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

gumby wrote:Don't thnk this has anything to do with Arizona. Sun Devils routinely lose on the road as travel partner. This is all about Cal unraveling.

interesting. i've always posited that for decades now asu has enjoyed a slightly inflated basketball record by virtue of being Arizona's travel partner. not gonna argue that the sun devils generally suck on the road, but i think they've certainly benefited from the pac's scheduling system, whether it's a home or away game; or first or second game of the week, because teams have to go through the UofA in the same week that they play asu.

i mean, hcs will say otherwise, but we've seen worthy teams lose to asu on a thurs / weekday game because their eyes were on the big arizona matchup on the weekend. similarly, we've seen teams take a 40 minute wildcat beatdown and then limp into a sat or sun game and lose to the sun devils. this might also be (or have once been) true with USC benefiting from traveling with UCLA.

i like the simplicity and symmetry of the conference's travel pairs, but do wonder what asu's record would look like if things were switched up a bit. would Cal have been more focused against arizona state last night if their next opponent was, say, WSU and not UofA?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Announcers at the halftime of the KU/TX games were commenting on the upcoming Ducks-Bruins game being a "hard" one for a UCLA team with "no depth."
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

lol at Oregon fans chanting "daddys boy" every time BA brings it up the court.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Bruins down 27-12. No hope for them.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
gumby

Post by gumby »

dirtbags wrote:
gumby wrote:Don't thnk this has anything to do with Arizona. Sun Devils routinely lose on the road as travel partner. This is all about Cal unraveling.

interesting. i've always posited that for decades now asu has enjoyed a slightly inflated basketball record by virtue of being Arizona's travel partner. not gonna argue that the sun devils generally suck on the road, but i think they've certainly benefited from the pac's scheduling system, whether it's a home or away game; or first or second game of the week, because teams have to go through the UofA in the same week that they play asu.

i mean, hcs will say otherwise, but we've seen worthy teams lose to asu on a thurs / weekday game because their eyes were on the big arizona matchup on the weekend. similarly, we've seen teams take a 40 minute wildcat beatdown and then limp into a sat or sun game and lose to the sun devils. this might also be (or have once been) true with USC benefiting from traveling with UCLA.

i like the simplicity and symmetry of the conference's travel pairs, but do wonder what asu's record would look like if things were switched up a bit. would Cal have been more focused against arizona state last night if their next opponent was, say, WSU and not UofA?
I'm sure there's an effect. Just saying that in an extreme outcome like that something else is at play.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Related to Auercat?

gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:Wazzu gonna be 3-1 in the PAC
And now 3-4, with a 32-point loss to CU.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It's amazing how dead the same arenas are when Asu plays there when they are rocking just a couple days earlier with Arizona visiting.

...now that I get a better look...maples is 2/3 empty for Asu

waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

Ya dang pessimist, it's 1/3 full!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Who says post-NFL is a dead weeks months of sports? That Notre Dame-NCState finish was fantastic.

Washington hanging on against Utah.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Looking at this week's Pac 12 games, boy do they start particularly late. 10PM for both of Tucson's home tipoffs? Might as well be aired on the Pac 12 Network. And an 11PM Wednesday start for Stanford/Washington. Bummer. Looks like I'll be stuck with the NBA and ACC.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You can't stay up until midnight on a Friday?

Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wow huge blow. Team leader in rebounds, 10+ points a game, one of the best shot blockers in basketball. Half of their post presence

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He must have really screwed up in Utah because he just played last night something must have transpired or come to light on the trip.

Wow just wow. Bummed for Romar
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

There goes the conference's fourth potential NCAA team.

A program already working at only about 60 percent of post capacity just lost 50 percent of that.

Definitely feel for Romar, who either should hire an assistant to help him recruit big men or find a program where he can do that, because it's all been a downhill struggle for UW's hoops relevance ever since he lost out on Angelo Chol.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

catgrad97 wrote:There goes the conference's fourth potential NCAA team.

A program already working at only about 60 percent of post capacity just lost 50 percent of that.

Definitely feel for Romar, who either should hire an assistant to help him recruit big men or find a program where he can do that, because it's all been a downhill struggle for UW's hoops relevance ever since he lost out on Angelo Chol.
Yeah, although I didn't believe UW was going to pull it off, it now looks like only 3 Pac12 Teams will be dancing.....big drop off from last year.

Anyone else enjoying that UCLA looking like it'll miss this AND next year's tourney? For all that Howland (3 Final Fours) bashing, Alford will be fired in 3-4 years IMO......damn, we are so fortunate to have Miller!!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I think UW still gets in somehow...but they'll fade out just like Rado last year.

Perhaps they win the games they should, get over 20 wins and keep a decent RPI. I think the PAC is a 4 bid league, just because there is a lot of mediocrity out there.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASSu blowing out the Beavers at the half.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Asu destroyed osu. Have won 3/4 and are solidly out of the conference cellar.

And as anticipated after the Upshaw dismissal, Stanford is crushing uw in Seattle by 20+

Bangkok Wildcat

Olsondogg wrote:I think UW still gets in somehow...but they'll fade out just like Rado last year.

Perhaps they win the games they should, get over 20 wins and keep a decent RPI. I think the PAC is a 4 bid league, just because there is a lot of mediocrity out there.
Wish they would make it into the Dance (we need more than just 3 teams!) but I don't see it happening. Currently Stanford is punking them at home 57-35 with 11 minutes to go. Think they not only lose this one but at least another 5 before the P12 Tourney.....and end up with 18 or 19 wins max.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

OrSU....f you.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bangkok Wildcat

PieceOfMeat wrote:OrSU....f you.
Yeah, I bet they come out playing lights out against us......not bending over, with ky in hand , like they did at ASSU. ;)
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Utah charging out early on the road against UCLA. Looks like it could be a long night for Parker, who's already get outmanned down low.
Bangkok Wildcat

Watching Utah @ UCLA and loving that Walton has spent more time talking about Arizona than either of the teams actually playing so far! Lol.

Also, cant believe how empty Pauley is.....so many prime seats in the lower middle are empty.....even worse, when there is a Free Throw, the sides are almost completely empty!!! Pathetic.....especially for such a big game.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

was just checking scores...and utah has managed to score 5 points in the first 9 minutes of the second half?!

woof.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

Love how Walton is openly rooting for UCLA.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

HibachiZero wrote:Love how Walton is openly rooting for UCLA.
The ultimate meritocracy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

Horrible play by Bryce
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

I think this game tells us a lot more about Utah's inability to win on the road than anything about UCLA.
az91

Post by az91 »

Darn, I could have been watching the Bruins possibly defeat Utah instead of this sucky Cal - Wazzu game :cry: .
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

It would be very sad if the UCLA fans storm the court.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Irish27 wrote:It would be very sad if the UCLA fans storm the court.
that would be hilarious

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Irish27 wrote:It would be very sad if the UCLA fans storm the court.
Biggest win in school history for UCLA.

Utah might be a tad (if not significantly) overrated.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

well i'll be damned
az91

Post by az91 »

So much for Utah as a number 1 seed.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

az91 wrote:So much for Utah as a number 1 seed.
That was a topic of conversation somewhere?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

at least someone finally won that awful rado/usc game

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

LOL Utah. Your program still has a loooooooong way to go.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Bangkok Wildcat

Katzenfreund wrote:Hahaha... 1-2 on the road for Utah! And 90% of their dumb fanbase were convinced they would run the table in conference play.

Fantastic karma for badmouthing Miller.
No kidding Katzenfreund as you can see from the thread I posted a rebuttal before their loss today....Karma is a big deal over here in Buddha-land and Mr. Karma just gave them a nice little present for their badmouthing CSM.

Seriously though, what kind of immature tools post threads that they hate Miller because of his face? I expected better from their fans with the year and recognition they had been having but I guess not. Thank you UCLA for giving the Utes a bloody nose (literally ;) ).
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Final Score?

Shocked 'tah got beat. wth? with so much to play for in an empty arena. baaaaaaaaaaaad. Miller does say it is very hard to win on the road in the PAC, travel is pretty rough compared to most conferences
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

now ucla's got some confidence again. THANKS, UTAH.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Katzenfreund wrote:Same ref (David Hall), who called our game at Furd, is working UCLA vs. Tah. So far there's a total of 14 fouls, including a bloody nose for Bachynski, with eleven minutes left in the second half. The same scumbag called 51 fouls in our game. Can't shake the feeling that the conference wouldn't be too unhappy about seeing Miller's team lose.
It's more than a feeling.

This team can overcome even the Pac-12 refs most nights, but when King Lack of Focus himself, Bill Walton, is calling out game officials on ESPN for a whole half of basketball with comments like, "This game has been much better now that the refs have put their whistles away," a public battle between one of its coaches and conference commissioner is imminent.

And if some idiot tool in Walnut Creek says it's good publicity for the conference, he needs to be shown the door. Incompetence unaddressed only leads to worse incompetence, and the Ed Rush scandal was bad enough evidence of corruption.